Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    @Rival Max That depends on a few things. If depends on the shading the image has, the simplicity of the design, the amount of triangles I decide to go for and the colours. For example, if I did a simple design with little triangles I could be done in roughly about an hour, however, if it is a complicated design with loads of triangles as I want more detail and quite a few colours, then it could very well take 3 hours or more as I go through each triangle manually, also shading has a big part in it, because if there is 3d shading then I can just take the colour of the image itself as each triangle then will be a different colour so they won't merge into one huge block, however, if the shading is quite flat and blocky, I will have to change the colour manually slightly so each triangle is still a different colour. So, for example, the Chikorita maybe took an hour and a half to make, but the shiny mega Sceptile was more on the 3 hours side as Chikorita has simple colours, a simple design and large triangles apposed to Sceptile's more diverse colours, more intricate design and smaller triangles. It all depends on how detailed you want to make it really. :)
    @Suicune's Fire
    Is this the sort of thing you meant with creating some that were like the sprites? It doesn't look too good as it was a first attempt at trying it and I still have to find a way to get the best result, whether that be increasing the size of the sprite and overlaying or maybe even drawing it myself and colouring it by picking out shades from the sprite rather than the overlay.
    Spoiler:

Feel free to check out my Instagram for design and art stuffs

Yes, that's totally what I meant! O: I love how you can do it so easily with sprites too! I don't even know how to do it, haha. That looks awesome. c: I'd love to see different results from doing it different ways. If you can be bothered, haha.

growing strong Pokemon Trainer Sarah's Avatar
    Site Editor

Senior Administrator

They look so complex and difficult xD I love Mega Sceptile! I don't think you'll hit the post image limit. I'm pretty sure it's now like 500 or something. XD I had to increase it for the Pokemon GO event!
    GCEA

Lover of Centipedes Scytherwolf's Avatar
    Oh wow, I love that scyther one! These are so cool!

Quote Originally Posted by Corrupt_Voidlich View Post
    @Rival Max That depends on a few things. If depends on the shading the image has, the simplicity of the design, the amount of triangles I decide to go for and the colours. For example, if I did a simple design with little triangles I could be done in roughly about an hour, however, if it is a complicated design with loads of triangles as I want more detail and quite a few colours, then it could very well take 3 hours or more as I go through each triangle manually, also shading has a big part in it, because if there is 3d shading then I can just take the colour of the image itself as each triangle then will be a different colour so they won't merge into one huge block, however, if the shading is quite flat and blocky, I will have to change the colour manually slightly so each triangle is still a different colour. So, for example, the Chikorita maybe took an hour and a half to make, but the shiny mega Sceptile was more on the 3 hours side as Chikorita has simple colours, a simple design and large triangles apposed to Sceptile's more diverse colours, more intricate design and smaller triangles. It all depends on how detailed you want to make it really. :)
    @Suicune's Fire
    Is this the sort of thing you meant with creating some that were like the sprites? It doesn't look too good as it was a first attempt at trying it and I still have to find a way to get the best result, whether that be increasing the size of the sprite and overlaying or maybe even drawing it myself and colouring it by picking out shades from the sprite rather than the overlay.
    Spoiler:
    Well the style and resutls really are cool. I would love to see something like this as tutorial. So i could try to make one :P

Proud partner with @Pokemon Trainer Sarah

Spoiler:

Gible bite's Comic

GCEA Trainer Links based on title characters

....GCEA Diamond/Platnium/ Blizard Blue/Platnium 2/ Pokemon Prism.......

Hi everyone. Haven't been on in a while, but I moved to uni and my computer and drawing tablet died so I didn't have much chance to do any art but now I have a new computer and drawing tablet so I'll be able to do much more. I'm working on something now but I've done more poly art. I did Decidueye, my favourite starter in the sun and moon games.
    Spoiler:

Feel free to check out my Instagram for design and art stuffs

7. This post has been liked by:

growing strong Pokemon Trainer Sarah's Avatar
    Site Editor

Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Corrupt_Voidlich View Post
    Hi everyone. Haven't been on in a while, but I moved to uni and my computer and drawing tablet died so I didn't have much chance to do any art but now I have a new computer and drawing tablet so I'll be able to do much more. I'm working on something now but I've done more poly art. I did Decidueye, my favourite starter in the sun and moon games.
    Spoiler:
    Wow awesome! I reckon the style works best on Pokemon with interesting colour schemes. Looks great (and super complicated)! xD
    GCEA

9. This post has been liked by:

Coru 

CORU THAT LOOKS GREAT! Love it. I picked the rowlet so I have a Decidueye in game. c:

Reach for the Stars ~★ Chibi Altaria's Avatar
    DAT DECIDUEYE. <3 It's my most favourite starter, I think probably of all time. xD And not because of the horrendous stats, but mainly because it's based off a Barn Owl.

You did a really awesome job on it though, Coru! It looks so colourful~

Decidueye turned out AMAZING. I still am absolutely LOVING that crinkled paper, mosaic look.

Greninja: Axibians | Gengar: Speed's ORAS Emporium! | Malamar: Picarto | Roserade: Speed's Pixel Cluster | Gliscor: ASB Stats | Tentacruel: Pokemon Prism Stats | Drapion: VPP Stats | Mega Sableye: Recolored Shiny XYORAS Icon Sprites | Flygon: URPG Stats | Snivy: Viridian Reference | Treecko: Link Vault | Shiny Whismur: All shiny Pokemon
    Pfp by my friend Muerte Verde
    ------------