Page 17 of 40 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast
    Senior Moderator

Your prompt this week:

Suppose the Pokeworld had a grand theater company that combined acting, music, dancing, acrobatics, aquatics, puppetry, stage combat, stage archery, and martial arts into a performance one has to see to believe.

Your character is one of the newbie performers in this company--what are their talents? What roles are they best at? What roles do they hope to play?
    Everyone has a dream that fills their heart. A journey they must take. A destiny to fulfill. As close as your imagination exists a magical place, where wondrous creatures with incredible powers help make dreams come true. It's the world of Pokemon!!"

Senior Moderator

Your prompt this week:

Across Ash's many adventures, there have been some pretty strange festivals and events he has stumbled upon. So now it's your turn to create a weird festival for the party to stumble upon!

What obscure Pokemon or profession does this festival celebrate? What lore is behind it? What events are part of the festival? And what happens when Team Rocket inevitably shows up?
    Everyone has a dream that fills their heart. A journey they must take. A destiny to fulfill. As close as your imagination exists a magical place, where wondrous creatures with incredible powers help make dreams come true. It's the world of Pokemon!!"

Senior Moderator

Your prompt this week, inspired by Detective Pikachu:

Suppose Detective Pikachu existed in the main Pokémon world as an in universe TV show--what would a typical episode be like?

Senior Moderator

Your prompt this week:

Your characters have seen something from their childhood that they thought they would never see again. What did your characters see? And why is it special to them?

Senior Moderator

Your prompt this week:

Your character's friends are planning something special to celebrate the end of the school year. What do they plan to do? What activities are involved? Does Team Rocket crash the party?

Senior Moderator

Your prompt this week:

Suppose Cyrus returned from the Distortion World now in control of Giratina. On top of that, he managed to control Dialga ana Palkia against via the Red Chains. The only way to stop him now is to awaken Arceus...so how do you go about this?

Senior Moderator

Your prompt this week, inspired by the rumored titles:

Suppose the two rumored Pokemon games (Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu and Pokemon Let's Go Eevee) were remakes of Yellow from both Ash's (Let's Go Pikachu) and Gary's perspective (Let's Go Eevee) How would it feel to see the events of RBY from Gary's POV? What would you want to see on either Ash's route or Gary's route?

Senior Moderator

Prompt is extended for this week due to the holiday weekend in the USA

Senior Moderator

Your prompt this week:

Your characters get something contagious. What lengths do they go to to keep others (including Pokemon) from getting it?

Hello everybody! Here is my story for the prompt of this week. As a warning, the characters in the story get something more serious than a cold or the flu :

Spoiler:
    Meowth, Eevee, Skitty and Munchlax were having a picnic to celebrate their friendship and their joy of being together. After the picnic, they decided to go for a walk.
    During the walk, they saw a tree with a strange berry on it. That berry was long, green, yellow and white, exactly like a Serperior. Munchlax was still hungry after the picnic, so he ate the strange berry. Then, the four Pokemon continued to walk together.
    They were almost back home when Meowth noticed that Munchlax was surrounded by light :
    "Munchlax, why are you surrounded by light?", Meowth asked.
    "Meowth, Skitty, Eevee, you will always be my best friends. Thank you very much.", Munchlax replied.
    "Thank you, Munchlax. You are one of my best friends as well. But what do you mean?", Eevee questioned.
    "What’s happening to you?", Skitty worried, as the light was getting brighter.
    "I’m going to disappear now.", Munchlax announced. "Please take care of each other. Even after I disappear, I will never forget you."

After saying these words, Munchlax disappeared. Of course, the remaining Pokemon cried due to losing their friend. As soon as they stopped crying, they tried to figure out why Munchlax disappeared. The three Normal-type Pokemon thought that eating the strange berry caused their friend to disappear. As none of them had eaten that berry, they thought that they were not going to disappear like Munchlax did.
    However, a few days later, Meowth was surrounded by a bright light as well :
    "Oh no, Meowth! Are you going to disappear as well?", Skitty gasped.
    "What will we do without you?", Eevee sniffled.
    "Thank you for being my fantastic friends, Eevee and Skitty. I couldn’t have asked for better friends. Like Munchlax before me, I’m going to disappear.", Meowth confirmed. "Please keep on taking care of each other. Even though I’m about to disappear, I will always remember you."

After Meowth said these words, he disappeared. Skitty and Eevee cried again due to losing another friend. When they managed to calm down, they wondered why Meowth disappeared :
    "Our friend Meowth disappeared despite not eating that strange berry.", Eevee started. "So, I’m wondering why he disappeared. Do you have any idea, Skitty?"
    "I have no idea, Eevee.", Skitty answered. "However, Munchlax and Meowth both disappeared after being suddenly surrounded by light. That’s why I think we should live in the darkness, with as little light as possible, in order to avoid disappearing like our friends. What do you think of that?"
    "Skitty, you are a genius!", Eevee exulted. "Let’s start living in the darkness together!"
    That’s how Eevee and Skitty started living in the darkness. They didn’t go outside during the day, but they enjoyed walking around together at night before going to bed. However, they still needed some light, especially when using the bathroom…
    Unfortunately, a few days later, a bright light suddenly appeared on Skitty in spite of the darkness :
    "Oh, Skitty, Skitty! Please don’t disappear!", Eevee shouted.
    "I’m sorry, Eevee. I wish I could spend more time with you.", Skitty apologized.
    "Please don’t leave me! If you go, my heart will be broken!", Eevee cried.
    "Eevee, thank you for being such an awesome friend to me. I’m thankful I got to know you, but I’m going to disappear soon.", Skitty murmured. "Please take care of yourself. I may be disappearing, but I will never forget you."

Skitty disappeared after saying these words, while Eevee cried a lot, now that she had lost all her friends. When she couldn’t cry anymore, she started wondering why all her friends had to disappear. "Munchlax disappeared with a bright light after eating a strange berry. Then, Meowth disappeared with a bright light despite not eating the strange berry. And then, Skitty disappeared with a bright light despite not eating the strange berry and in spite of the darkness… So why did they all have to disappear? Oh Arceus, creator of all Pokemon, please explain me what is going on!", Eevee thought.

The following night, Arceus appeared in Eevee’s dream :
    "Oh Arceus, creator of all Pokemon, thank you very much for visiting my dream! Why did all my friends disappear?", Eevee inquired.
    "Serperiors are very charming and clever Pokemon, aren’t they?", Arceus asked.
    "Yes, they are.", Eevee responded.
    "The Serperior-like berry that Munchlax ate was the berry of the knowledge of good and evil. Because a Pokemon has eaten that berry, all Pokemon have become mortal, including the Pokemon who are not born yet. You say that your friends disappeared, but actually, they died. Even though your attempt to protect Skitty was admirable, it was useless because death will happen regardless of presence or absence of light. And one day, you will die as well. Because you are mortal, Eevee.", Arceus explained.
    "Oh Arceus, creator of all Pokemon, thank you very much for this explanation. I miss my friends and I feel lonely and heartbroken.", Eevee lamented. However, Arceus was no longer in her dream.

When Eevee woke up, she thought about her situation. She had already suffered a lot due to the death of her friends and she would die as well eventually. In addition, Arceus had told her that the Pokemon who are not born yet are mortal too. That’s how she decided that she would never breed, because she didn’t want to sentence other Pokemon to suffering and death, especially without their consent. And because she decided that she would never breed, it meant that she would never have to watch her hypothetical offspring die, and that her hypothetical offspring would never have to watch her die. This thought made Eevee feel slightly happier. Soon after that, because she had just spent several days in the darkness and because she started feeling slightly happier, she evolved into a beautiful Umbreon.

After her evolution, Umbreon started turning on the lights and going outside during the day again, because she knew that living in the darkness was useless. She spent the rest of her life helping and cheering up unhappy Pokemon. After all, she wanted to make the world of Pokemon a better place, and that’s what her late friends would have wanted too.

I'm going to mention @EmeraldSky because she is in charge of the Weekly Prompt Thread. However, I don't know who else may be interested in this story.

Special thanks to Fate for this cute avatar and this cute banner! :D
    Special thanks to AD for this awesome Chikorita GIF! :D

11. This post has been liked by: