Page 18 of 40 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast
    Senior Moderator

You are free to interpret the prompt however you like, and this works.
    Everyone has a dream that fills their heart. A journey they must take. A destiny to fulfill. As close as your imagination exists a magical place, where wondrous creatures with incredible powers help make dreams come true. It's the world of Pokemon!!"

2. This post has been liked by:

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldSky View Post
    You are free to interpret the prompt however you like, and this works.
    Thank you, EmeraldSky! :)

Special thanks to Fate for this cute avatar and this cute banner! :D
    Special thanks to AD for this awesome Chikorita GIF! :D

Senior Moderator

Your prompt this week, inspired by E3:

A highly anticipated game in a series your characters like gets announced at the biggest gaming convention of the year. What is this game, and why are your characters looking forward to it?
    Everyone has a dream that fills their heart. A journey they must take. A destiny to fulfill. As close as your imagination exists a magical place, where wondrous creatures with incredible powers help make dreams come true. It's the world of Pokemon!!"

Senior Moderator

Your prompt this week:

Imagine Pokemon was a completely different genre than what it is--what kind of genre do you wish it was? A pure shonen adventure with power levels and all? An epic fantasy? A space opera? Be creative!

@EmeraldSky I'm not sure if this fits the prompt, because it's not that different from the actual Pokemon games.

When I was about 10 years old, I asked myself : "What if the player of Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald came from a garbage truck instead of a moving truck?". I thought about that, but I didn't write it down at that time, so I'm going to write it down now :

Spoiler:
    You start your adventure coming out of a garbage truck. Your mother comes closer to you : she is happy to see you, but she tells you that you smell terrible and that you should take a bath. Then, she shows you three dirty Pokemon who should take a bath as well. She asks you to choose which Pokemon will take a bath together with you :

-Treecko, the Grass-type Pokemon, has a type advantage against two gyms, the legendary mascot of Pokemon Ruby and the legendary mascot of Pokemon Sapphire. However, Treecko is weak against two other gyms.
    -Torchic, the Fire-type Pokemon who gains the Fighting type after evolving, has a type advantage against two gyms after evolving. However, Torchic's evolved forms are weak against the last three gyms, the legendary mascot of Pokemon Ruby and the legendary mascot of Pokemon Sapphire.
    -Mudkip, the Water-type Pokemon who gains the Ground type after evolving, has a type advantage against three gyms and the legendary mascot of Pokemon Ruby after evolving. Mudkip's evolved forms only have one weakness, but it is a double weakness.

Choose your starter Pokemon and take a bath with your new friend.
    After you finish bathing, your mother tells your brother/sister to take a bath with a Pokemon as well. At first, you feel guilty because you were able to choose a Pokemon before him/her, but he/she tells you that he/she didn't want the Pokemon you chose anyway. Then, he/she picks the Pokemon who has a type advantage against yours. The Pokemon who is weak against yours stays with your mother.
    After your brother/sister finishes bathing with his/her Pokemon, he/she challenges you to a Pokemon battle. Your Pokemon and his/her Pokemon are both level 5 and they don't know any moves of their own type yet, so this battle should not be too difficult.

Senior Moderator

@Cleobel

I was aiming to explore how the world of Pokemon can work in just about any genre of story; and challenged writers to imagine what it would look like as a different kind of story.

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldSky View Post
    @Cleobel

I was aiming to explore how the world of Pokemon can work in just about any genre of story; and challenged writers to imagine what it would look like as a different kind of story.
    So, I guess my text is not what you expected. Sorry about that. Perhaps I will be more inspired by the next prompt.

Senior Moderator

@Cleobel

I will say thanks for trying--maybe some of the other ones will inspire you.

10. This post has been liked by:

Senior Moderator

Your prompt this week:

Your characters try to cook something--does the food come out delicious, or is it a kitchen disaster bad enough to warrant pizza?

Hello everybody! This story counts for both the writing prompt of this week and the PXFIRE Humor Challenge of this week.

Spoiler:
    It was a nice summer day in the world of Pokemon. Chimchar had a lot of vegetables in his fridge, so he decided to invite his best friend Aipom to prepare vegetable soup.
    After washing and cutting all the vegetables, they started preparing the soup itself :
    "Good water for the soup...", Aipom began.
    "And fire to heat up the water!", Chimchar added.
    "Green beans for lots of vitamins...", Aipom continued.
    "And spinach for a great poop!", Chimchar grinned.
    "Carrots maintain eye health...", Aipom declared.
    "And peas... or are they pees?", Chimchar joked.
    "Cabbage is good for your heart...", Aipom announced.
    "And broccoli will make you fart!", Chimchar concluded.

After putting all the vegetables in the hot water, Aipom and Chimchar had to wait for a while. Then, they finished preparing the soup. When the soup was ready, it was time to try it :
    "Thank you for preparing vegetable soup with me, Aipom! How about you try it first?", Chimchar suggested.
    "Thank you for inviting me, Chimchar! And thank you for letting me try the soup first!", Aipom replied.
    Aipom tried the soup, but she spat it immediately :
    "Chimchar, the soup is rotten! When did you buy the vegetables?!", Aipom screamed.
    "According to the receipt, I bought them on June 20.", Chimchar answered.
    "Could I please see the receipt?", Aipom asked.
    "Sure, it's in the trash can.", Chimchar explained.
    "Well, I guess one Pokemon's trash really is another Pokemon's treasure...", Aipom sighed.

"June 20... 2017?! The vegetables we put in the soup had expired over one year ago! No wonder the soup is rotten!", Aipom yelled.
    "Oops, I should have been more careful... Sorry, Aipom. What are we going to do with the rotten soup?", Chimchar questioned.
    "We're going to throw it away in your garden.", Aipom decided.
    So, Chimchar and Aipom went to Chimchar's garden and threw the soup away. When they were doing that, a Purrloin came closer to them and looked at the soup.
    "That's rotten vegetable soup, Purrloin.", Chimchar described.
    "You shouldn't eat that.", Aipom went on.
    As soon as Aipom and Chimchar finished throwing the soup away, Purrloin went away. As for the two monkey-like Pokemon, they reconciled with each other and they remembered that day for a very long time.

@EmeraldSky

13. This post has been liked by: