Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15232425
    Such...an odd quote. xD "Like ladies." Sure sounds like an old-as-heck quote. xD

I'm guessing when all those "rules" for those creatures were made, there wasn't an abundance of fantasy...so they became well known or something. Just guessing. xD

2. This post has been liked by:

garlic bread champion Bulbasaur's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Noblejanobii View Post
    Today's Daily Literature Quote is...

In all honesty I picked this solely because it made me laugh really hard. Still, it is an interesting thought. Many supernatural creatures, namely vampires who are probably the most well known for it, have certain laws that they must abide to when it comes to human contact. Vampires cannot entire a house without being invited in first, fairies cannot be near someone who has crossed or is in possession of iron, and certain creatures cannot follow you over rushing water. All in all, it is quite interesting to think about that someone or a group of people had to think all of this up for it to be so well known today.
    A very nice comparison. Made me laugh a bit.

☄♥ Happily paired with ninjaskarmory ♥☄
    My Links

4. This post has been liked by:

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Douglas
    If a man harbors any sort of fear, it makes him landlord to a ghost.
    Thanks to @Bulbasaur and @Suicune's Fire for commenting on the last quote! I really appreciate it!

This quote can be taken in many different ways, but the way I will choose to interpret it is as follows: fear is an inhibitor. Scientists often argue that the reason humans have fears such as the fear of falling or drowning is to prevent them from doing so. However, not all fears are reasonable, such as the fear of cockroaches or breathing. Thus, by embracing these unreasonable fears, you essentially become a slave to them, your fears shaping your actions when you come into contact with situation which centers around them. These fears become ghosts, haunting your actions and decisions as you interact with life.
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

6. This post has been liked by:

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Judith Olney
    Once in a young lifetime one should be allowed to have as much sweetness as one can possibly want and hold.
    And in most cases that usually culminates in grabbing as much candy as possible on Halloween. Still, it is an interesting concept to think about. As children we love Halloween and this love sicks with us as adults, wanting to dress up and get or give candy as much as possible.
    / / / / / / / /

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Author Unknown
    True love is like ghosts, which everyone talks about but few have seen.
    As a person that is a sucker for ships, I'm all for writing romance and that jazz. However, I find it ironic given I've never even had a crush. I think that kind of relates to here. Everyone talks about love and we are constantly exposed to it through media, but we never really see healthy relationships anymore. They're few and far between, but when you do see it, it is beautiful.
    / / / / / / / /

Quote Originally Posted by Noblejanobii View Post

As a person that is a sucker for ships, I'm all for writing romance and that jazz. However, I find it ironic given I've never even had a crush. I think that kind of relates to here. Everyone talks about love and we are constantly exposed to it through media, but we never really see healthy relationships anymore. They're few and far between, but when you do see it, it is beautiful.
    Sort of funny, really. xD I think people who haven't been in those situations just mimic how they see other people write or what they see on TV. But the same goes for any other event that a writer hasn't experienced. I've written about things that I haven't gone through, like a kidnapping. xD I do like the quote, though. Although I don't know that one person can speak for the masses... idk. Nice quote anyhow.

10. This post has been liked by:

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Colette
    There is nothing that gives more assurance than a mask.
    A mask is a device used to hide your identity. It disguises you from other people around you and causes them to not recognize you for who you are. This mask does not have to be physical, but can be an emotional one built up around an individual to hide their true thoughts and emotions. As a person who tends to bottle up their emotions, I have a mask that generally disguises my depression and sadness, and I don't like to have it slip out of place. It is a security mechanism that gives me an assurance that my sadness will not ruin someone else's day, because that would be rude. For others, it's assurance of getting away with the murder of their spouse's lover. There's a variety of other uses of course but I believe those are the most common uses.
    / / / / / / / /