Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: PXR Showdown General Chat

PXR Showdown General Chat

By Lunar Latias

Use this thread for all your discussions on Pokemon Showdown and for questions of any pertaining issues & the like here!

TOPIC DISCUSSION AT THE MOMENT

What kind of tournaments would you guys like to see/participate?

@Fate @Tenacity @JacenBoy @Lightning Dash @Speed-X @Suicune's Fire @ShadowJay @Spiderc @the human raptor

Tagging all the people who expressed interest in the other thread xD

Edit: Dang it Fate :P

SPECIAL MENTIONS: @Corey @Kaoru
    Last edited by Trainer17; 04-29-2016 at 01:28 PM.
    Paired with the lovable 💕 Kaoru 💕 l Pokemon Prism Stats
    ---

2. This post has been liked by:

You people are going down.
    Last edited by Chakramaster; 02-22-2018 at 10:23 PM.

4. This post has been liked by:

Quote Originally Posted by Fate View Post
    You people are going down.

@Tenacity
    ---

6. This post has been liked by:

My main interest is random battles. Normal random battles are fine, though I do have more fun with the random Hackmons Cup, since it's so unpredictable. (Though it's certainly more luck-based. If you happen to get something with Wonder Guard or a OHKO move, you've got a big advantage.)

I'm not a fan of Ubers or OU because it's always the same things you see in there. It gets so tiring. I prefer UU and under because I can at least try out different Pokemon I like that wouldn't stand much of a chance against powerhouses in OU.

And outside tiers, we can always make up some fun ones. Monotype can be pretty fun, and a friend and I had a blast doing Anything Goes with an identical team of Pokemon that only know Metronome and nothing else.

8. This post has been liked by:

I agree with Fate; Metronome battles are a lot of fun.

I mentioned this in the other thread, but my friends and I have a lot of fun with Balanced Hackmons.

And of course, random battles and standard tiers are always a fun time.
    Lurking in the Shadows...

tfw me and the lovely @Kaoru aren't tagged in this :'(

But really, we both used to do Showdown all the time! I can't speak for her, but I'm interested in this.

I like random battles as well. It's really based on both luck and how good you are at working with weaker Pokemon. I don't care for tiers at all - battles that restrict what Pokemon you can/can't use aren't really my idea of fun. I just like to battle using my favorites (aka Delphox, Megas, and Fairies). Some of my favorites are strong (like Sylveon, Talonflame, and Megas) and others are lacklustre (like Delphox, Pangoro, Heliolisk, and Goodra), but I mix them both into a team of my favorites. What's the fun of battling if you're using Pokemon you don't even like?!

|||||||||

11. This post has been liked by:

Hellooo! It's so good to see everyone again!! Speed-X's Avatar
    I live for Randoms and Challenge Cup! :D Why not start with randoms just to break the ice with people?

OU is overrated imho. Plus I suck at teambuilding. xD But still, you might want to do a couple of OU cups since its the standard! Maybe VGC, too.

Greninja: Axibians | Gengar: Speed's ORAS Emporium! | Malamar: Picarto | Roserade: Speed's Pixel Cluster | Gliscor: ASB Stats | Tentacruel: Pokemon Prism Stats | Drapion: VPP Stats | Mega Sableye: Recolored Shiny XYORAS Icon Sprites | Flygon: URPG Stats | Snivy: Viridian Reference | Treecko: Link Vault | Shiny Whismur: All shiny Pokemon
    ------------

13. This post has been liked by:

Fate 

Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    tfw me and the lovely @Kaoru aren't tagged in this :'(

But really, we both used to do Showdown all the time! I can't speak for her, but I'm interested in this.

I like random battles as well. It's really based on both luck and how good you are at working with weaker Pokemon. I don't care for tiers at all - battles that restrict what Pokemon you can/can't use aren't really my idea of fun. I just like to battle using my favorites (aka Delphox, Megas, and Fairies). Some of my favorites are strong (like Sylveon, Talonflame, and Megas) and others are lacklustre (like Delphox, Pangoro, Heliolisk, and Goodra), but I mix them both into a team of my favorites. What's the fun of battling if you're using Pokemon you don't even like?!
    COREY MAH MAN! <3 I rarely see you online nowadays except if there's exceptionally good news from CoroCoro Leaks :'3 But hey you're always welcome to invade any of the threads I bring up from time to time. BUT IT'S AWESOME TO KNOW YOU'RE IN THIS <3

Quote Originally Posted by Speed-X View Post
    I live for Randoms and Challenge Cup! :D Why not start with randoms just to break the ice with people?

OU is overrated imho. Plus I suck at teambuilding. xD But still, you might want to do a couple of OU cups since its the standard! Maybe VGC, too.
    That's a lovely idea there Sarah. :'3 RANDOM BATTLES ANY1. Also, if you guys would love to see Tenacity Vs Fate, please cast your votes! :P
    ---

15. This post has been liked by:

Quote Originally Posted by Trainer17 View Post
    Also, if you guys would love to see Tenacity Vs Fate, please cast your votes! :P
    If he doesn't show up, can I be winner by default?

17. This post has been liked by:

Hellooo! It's so good to see everyone again!! Speed-X's Avatar
    Seriously though, are Sabi and I the only Challenge Cup battlers here? XD challenge cup is like randoms but on steroids. Randoms battles pick random sets based on predetermined sets...but challenge cup? RANDOMIZES EVERYTHING

Greninja: Axibians | Gengar: Speed's ORAS Emporium! | Malamar: Picarto | Roserade: Speed's Pixel Cluster | Gliscor: ASB Stats | Tentacruel: Pokemon Prism Stats | Drapion: VPP Stats | Mega Sableye: Recolored Shiny XYORAS Icon Sprites | Flygon: URPG Stats | Snivy: Viridian Reference | Treecko: Link Vault | Shiny Whismur: All shiny Pokemon
    ------------

19. This post has been liked by:

Fate