Thread: News - May 2016

News - May 2016

Update Status

Updates are currently going as scheduled! I know, shocking, isn't it? I've been on schedule for what... six weeks now? That's not bad! I don't anticipate any missed updates yet... hopefully. Suicide week might prove a challenge to get through this year.

- School
    I'm still in Germany, but I'm unofficially done with classes for the semester. By that, I mean that all the due dates are gone and passed but I'm still working on projects cause I can- not because I have to. =D I'll be heading home on the 4th/5th- I honestly can't wait to get home! xD I miss my cat.

- Health
    Blood tests came in a while back. The results showed that my usual health nonsense hasn't gotten worse- that's good- but something else came back a bit weird. Unfortunately, the results I got didn't include the ranges, so I'll be getting another blood test when I get back to the states.

Buffer Status

Hell week of classes took a toll on the buffer. At least the buffer lasted through hell week, yes? I'm more worried about suicide week now. xD

Livestreams

I'm planning a movie night for Sunday, May 8th at 6 PM. I'll probably stream some art for a a few hours then begin the movie closer to 9-10 PM. I'll continue until midnight when suicide week officially starts! =D All times are in central. The movie right now is looking to be 'The Good Dinosaur' cause I'm a Pixar nerd.

Update Schedule and Bonus Updates

Since chapter 5 is ending on the 16th (end of suicide week), I'll be going on the usual post-chapter hiatus. All bonus pages thus far count toward shortening the hiatus. Original start date for Chapter 6 was the 17th. It's already been shortened to the 10th- and if I'm correct, this news post marks another 50th post... so... Updates will resume the 7th. The earliest I'll allow Ch. 6 to begin as May 31st- I need at least SOME time between chapters, yes?

05/06: Page 05-25
    05/10: Page 05-26
    05/11: Page 05-27
    05/12: Page 05-28
    05/13: Page 05-29
    05/14: Page 05-30
    05/15: Page 05-31
    05/16: Page 05-32
    06/07: Chapter Six Cover

Pokemon: Rising Shadows' 3rd Birthday!

On May 10th, 2013, I posted the first few pages of the comic version of PRS. Since then, PRS has gotten over 130 updates and 4 complete chapters.

As I do every year on the 10th, I'm launching a week of updates to celebrate! Most might know this week to be called 'Suicide Week' since it typically falls around/during finals, but this year I'm FREEEEEEeeeeee. Sort of. I still need to make the buffer- but here's hoping I can successfully get all of the pages done on time for once. =D I also have some misc. updates planned for the 3rd birthday if I can find the time.

I'm quite excited. Suicide week will provide the extra boost needed to finish out Chapter 5- and let me tell you, those last 7 pages of Chapter 5? They're packed. If this week's update is any indication, this part of Chapter 5 will be the most difficult pages of PRS to draw since the start of the comic. I can't wait to get the rest of this done~!

Update to the Update/Hiatus schedule

SJ hit a 50 comments mark, so another reduction to the hiatus length!

05/06: Page 05-25
    05/10: Page 05-26
    05/11: Page 05-27
    05/12: Page 05-28
    05/13: Page 05-29
    05/14: Page 05-30
    05/15: Page 05-31
    05/16: Page 05-32
    06/03: Chapter Six Cover

I am officially removing the bonus update posting incentive. Posts on SJ/PXR will no longer earn bonus pages from this point on. All previously earned bonuses shall remain.

Honestly, it hasn't been working and I no longer care to check for it. I may come up with some other posting incentive, but for the time being. Meh.