Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spiderc's Uber Random Emerald

Spiderc's Uber Random Emerald

This time around I went for an Emerald randomizer run. I randomized basically everything I could (within reason), but forgot to take a screenshot of the settings I used so you'll just have to see what all happened with me. PS Sorry about the emulator bars in the screenshots, I'll try to get those out for next time.

Rules:
    Can only capture the first Pokemon on each route
    If a Pokemon faints, release it
    Gift Pokemon can always be accepted
    Event Pokemon can be captured
    All Pokemon must be nicknamed (theme is LotR characters)
    Pokedex Clause (wild encounters don't count against me if Pokeballs haven't been able to be obtained yet)
    Shiny Clause (any shiny Pokemon I encounter can be caught and used)

Logs:
    Log 1
    Log 2
    Log 3
    Log 1:

The only thing different in the intro was Birch showing off a Charmeleon.

Decided to go with Nidoran, because having a starter that doesn't evolve would be no fun. I beat the Zigzagoon and inspected my Nidoran's stats after naming her Primula.

If only that was Sleep Powder instead... I started heading north, encountering a Normal typed Lickitung, a Wigglytuff that knew Icicle Spear, and a Pidgey that was weak to Lick and knew Shadow Punch. Also, I discovered that exp formulas were unchanged because I got a ton of exp from beating a Kabutops. After hitting lv 7, I stocked up on Potions and went to fight May who sent out her trusty Milotic. Unfortunately, Milotic also knew Lick.

Luckily, I was able to win the Lick-off, even though I had to use all four of my Potions. Primula gained two levels, learning Signal Beam which I happily dropped Sandstorm for. Oh and did I say May before? I meant Gent Kristine.

After getting my Pokedex and Pokeballs I quickly went to make the captures on the Routes I'd already been through.

Adamant and Huge Power.............. Yeah ok

As for my Route 103 it was a Machoke who knew 3 Fighting moves and Sonicboom. Unfortunately, I could not catch the stupid thing and ran out of Pokeballs. Moving on I started to train up Turin, who is exactly as broken as I thought he would be. After getting him to level 5, I went onto the next route. Turing proceeded to oneshot several trainer's Pokemon and at level 9 I dropped Rock Throw for Rock Blast.

In the grass I found a Magnemite which I was able to capture and name Grond.

Taking advantage of Grond's held item, I quickly sold it and restocked on Pokeballs and Potions. I went back to Route 102 to fight the one trainer I had skipped the first time around and discovered that she had a Heracross that knew Mach Punch, Confuse Ray, Destiny Bond, and I think Lick was the last one. I couldn't exactly remember how Destiny Bond worked so every time it used it I ended up changing Pokemon just to be safe.

Now that Primula and Turin were fairly well leveled and Grond was passable, I went to go help Wally catch his Pokemon. That, uh, didn't go so well.

Unfazed, Wally seemed quite pleased with his dead Smeargle and we returned back to the gym in victory. I decided I wanted to get a little more training in before proceeding to Route 103 and Grond learned Guillotine at lv 6, dropping Water Sport.

I then headed onto Route 104 for my wild encounter which was a Goldeen. I sent in Primula as Grond was too weak and Turin is way too strong for catching Pokemon. However, after getting off a single Lick, Primula was killed by Ice Ball, because apparently Ice Ball is like Rollout where it gets stronger each turn. The Lick had been enough to cature the newly named Theoden, but Primula was still dead.

Thinking myself very clever, I talked to the fisherman on Route 104, because for some reason I thought that he gave out the Old Rod. He did not give out the Old Rod. Instead he showed off his lv 9 Camperupt which immediately started to use Rollout almost killing Turin, killing Theoden, and then finally missing Grond who was able to Bubble it to death. I'm apparently tilted, as I forgot to take a screenshot, so I'm going to call this the end of Log 1.

Current Team:
    Turin the level 10 Rock/Ice Primeape
    Grond the level 7 Water Magnemite
    Last edited by Spiderc; 08-30-2016 at 11:39 PM.

a l o l a n r a i c h u Chakramaster's Avatar
    Senior Moderator

Honestly I've always found the start to a Pokemon Nuzlocke the hardest. It's either a hit or miss with the Pokemon you get. Too bad about the loss in the end there. Nuzlockes are have moments where luck can go from good, to very bad luck sometimes is all

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..

Oh damn. Good luck with this my man, you're really going to need all the lucks in the world! And PRIMULA :'(

Sent from my SM-G901F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Chakramaster; 02-18-2018 at 03:30 AM.
    Paired with the lovable 💕 Kaoru 💕 l Pokemon Prism Stats
    ---

We will take on the sky
    Senior Administrator

Holy crap. xD This is insane. I love the chaos of it all. Man, oh man, you're brave for trying this out. xD It was very entertaining to read about. I can't believe THEODEN killed PRIMULA (caps because that's how you named them XD). This is intense. I love how just about every pokemon seems to know lick. Maybe everything is super tasty.

Kinnie's GCEA Card
    Double agents with Noblejanobii

Quote Originally Posted by Chakramaster View Post
    Honestly I've always found the start to a Pokemon Nuzlocke the hardest. It's either a hit or miss with the Pokemon you get. Too bad about the loss in the end there. Nuzlockes are have moments where luck can go from good, to very bad luck sometimes is all
    Yeah the early game can be super rough with a Nuzlocke. I'm going to have to be super careful from here on since one of the nice things about Nuzlocking RSE is that you can have eight Pokemon before the first gym, but I've already missed/lost three of those eight.

Quote Originally Posted by Trainer17 View Post
    Oh damn. Good luck with this my man, you're really going to need all the lucks in the world! And PRIMULA :'(

Sent from my SM-G901F using Tapatalk
    Yeah that was rough. I had completely forgotten how Ice Ball works and so was caught off-guard when suddenly I started taking way more damage and got KO'd.

Quote Originally Posted by Suicune's Fire View Post
    Holy crap. xD This is insane. I love the chaos of it all. Man, oh man, you're brave for trying this out. xD It was very entertaining to read about. I can't believe THEODEN killed PRIMULA (caps because that's how you named them XD). This is intense. I love how just about every pokemon seems to know lick. Maybe everything is super tasty.
    Yeah the early game is crazy, because you frequently run into evolved Pokemon who just have higher stats than what something should at that level (luckily, Turin is a fantastic example of that). I think the reason for everything knowing Lick is that I set it to Pokemon should generally have level-up moves that match their type, but also that there should be a logical progression of your level-up moves strength. As a result, basically every single Ghost type in the early game is going to know Lick.

We will take on the sky
    Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderc View Post
    Yeah the early game is crazy, because you frequently run into evolved Pokemon who just have higher stats than what something should at that level (luckily, Turin is a fantastic example of that). I think the reason for everything knowing Lick is that I set it to Pokemon should generally have level-up moves that match their type, but also that there should be a logical progression of your level-up moves strength. As a result, basically every single Ghost type in the early game is going to know Lick.
    Yeah, gotcha. That happens in Sam and my Silver/Gold Randomlocke too. xD It's amusing. Although we don't have randomised types so it's not quite as crazy. I guess that means that most pokemon are part ghost. XD So funny. I'm enjoying this a lot. c:

Kinnie's GCEA Card

Log 2:

After getting a few more levels on Grond I decided to brave the Petalburg Woods and hopefully get a new member of my team. I came across an Azumaril with Drizzle because it started to rain immediately. This put me in an awkward position because Turin oneshots pretty much everything so he's no good for catching Pokemon while Grond has an unusually high Special Attack that was getting boosted by the rain. Luckily, Grond's Water Gun attack didn't quite ko it, adding Tom to the team.

Well look at that, a Ghost type that doesn't know Lick. Also, with Drizzle, Tom and Grond are going to be my main pair for double battles I'm thinking. I went back to Route 102 to get some training in for Tom and he learned Icicle Spear at lv 6, replacing Grudge. After I got a few more levels, I went back into Petalburg Woods to progress the plot. A few more battles later, Tom learned Mist at lv 10, replacing Powder Snow. I started up the encounter with the Team Aqua grunt who sent out a rather interesting Pokemon for a grunt to have.

Fortunately, I had already discovered from fighting wild Celebi that they are terrifying and quickly swapped out Tom to have Turin deal with it since he's the bulkiest Pokemon I have in addition to the most damaging. While I was swapping in Turin, the Celebi used Snatch doing nothing, but immediately followed it up with Psycho Boost for half of Turin's health which I'm pretty sure would have one-shot both Tom and Grond. I don't believe that the randomizer was set to do 1-1 Pokemon swaps, but if it was I'm not looking forward to fighting a ton of Poochyena turned Celebi later on.

At any rate, I defeated the grunt, got my Great Ball, and continued on through the woods. Getting through the woods, I talked to the guy who normally gives TM Bullet Seed which had been replaced by Feather Dance. While I would normally be excited about a move that drops attack by two stages, I have no clue what's a special attacker and what's a physical attacker so I decided to pass on teaching it to anyone. After beating up some more trainers, Grond learned Water Pulse at lv 11 which I dropped Water Gun for. I then arrived in Rustboro City and grabbed Cut teaching it to Tom, replacing Nightmare.

I then moved onto Route 116, encountering a wild Sharpedo that I was able to capture without any issues.

While I started to train up Nienor, I realized that I was going to get myself into trouble if I continued to play without keeping track of things, so I started working on a Pokedex for the emulator (I'll post my current Pokedex at the end of logs with my team). Anyway, Nienor got Teleport at lv 7 which I dropped Harden for. Eventually I made my way to Rusturf Tunnel and encountered a wild Blossom, but wasn't able to catch it either... I did however confirm that the randomizer didn't do 1-1 swaps, as I found several different species in the Tunnel.

After getting all four Pokemon to a level I felt comfortable with and restocking up on items, I headed into the the Rustboro gym. I quickly was able to figure out from the gym trainers that the randomizer made it so that the gyms were still themed by type, even though that type was randomized. In this particular case, the gym was Fighting so Nienor and Tom were able to tear though the gym without any problems. To add insult to injury, Nienor learned Psybeam at lv 13 replacing Confusion and Tom learned Confuse Ray at lv 15 replacing Mist.

As a reward for winning, I got the Stone Badge and TM Sharpen. Short log this time, but felt like after a gym was a good stopping point.

Current Team:
    Spoiler:
    Turin the level 13 Rock/Ice Primeape
    Grond the level 14 Water Magnemite
    Tom the level 15 Ice/Ghost Azumarill
    Nienor the level 13 Psychic/Ground Sharpedo

Current Pokedex:
    Spoiler:
    Pidgey: Ghost/?, ?
    Nidoran F: Ghost, Liquid Ooze
    Ninetales: ?/?, Drought
    Primeape: Rock/Ice, Huge Power
    Gengar: Dark/?, Drizzle
    Magnemite: Water, Sand Veil
    Magneton: Fighting/?, ?
    Hitmonlee: Fighting/?, ?
    Lickitung: Normal/?, ?
    Goldeen: Ice, Static
    Porygon: Fighting/?, ?
    Lanturn: ?/?, Drizzle
    Pichu: Fighting/?, ?
    Bellossom: ?/?, Water Absorb
    Azumarill: Ice/Ghost, Drizzle
    Politoed: Steel/?, ?
    Remoraid: Dark/?, Drought
    Ho-Oh: Fighting/Grass?, ?
    Celebi: Psychic?/?, ?
    Marshtomp: Rock?Ground?/?, Sand Stream
    Medicham: Grass?/?, ?
    Sharpedo: Psychic/Ground, Overgrow
    Milotic: Ghost/?, ?
    Jirachi: Fighting/?, Truant

We will take on the sky
    Senior Administrator

Awesome update! :D Tom seems like a great addition, as well as the sharpedo. :3 And oh my gosh, those celebi. xD Also making that pokedex is a GREAT idea. I feel like doing some sort of super random playthrough too at some point, haha.

Buuuut, I'm wondering, do you enlarge the screenshots so that they're all stretched and out of proportion or is that the emulator?

Kinnie's GCEA Card

Quote Originally Posted by Suicune's Fire View Post
    Awesome update! :D Tom seems like a great addition, as well as the sharpedo. :3 And oh my gosh, those celebi. xD Also making that pokedex is a GREAT idea. I feel like doing some sort of super random playthrough too at some point, haha.

Buuuut, I'm wondering, do you enlarge the screenshots so that they're all stretched and out of proportion or is that the emulator?
    Yeah they're super fun to do because it's all about adapting to what your opponents throw at you and a LOT of guesswork. I set the emulator to run at an increased resolution, I'm not a fan of playing on the tiny screen size that it defaults to.

We will take on the sky
    Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderc View Post
    Yeah they're super fun to do because it's all about adapting to what your opponents throw at you and a LOT of guesswork. I set the emulator to run at an increased resolution, I'm not a fan of playing on the tiny screen size that it defaults to.
    Yeah for sure! I do want to try it sometime... We'll see, I guess. x)

If you set it to x200 or x300 or something with an 00 on the end, it shouldn't stretch. As it is now, though... *shudders* XD

Kinnie's GCEA Card