Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Neo Emolga's Treehouse of Art

INTRODUCTION

Welcome to my Treehouse of Art! By popular demand, I've decided to start one of these art gallery thingys. Note that this just includes some my drawn art, not my graphic art (some of it is a kind of hybrid between the two). I have so many pieces of graphic art that it would cause a server meltdown. With that also in mind, I'm not showing everything I've made over the years, just a few select pieces. There's a ton of stuff there also and if I uploaded everything, the peeps at Imgur might wonder just what pray tell is going on.

In all honesty, I used to be LOUSY at art. This stuff is proof that if you just practice, brush up on tutorials, learn what tools to use and when, you can crank out amazing stuff.

And so, here is the gallery. Enjoy!

OLD PIKACHU DRAWINGS

I've lost track of how old these are, but they're at least a few years old. Before the days of Emolga, I used to go by Neo Pikachu and feature the yellow mouse with all kinds of firearms (akin to Neo from the Matrix). A lot of these were drawn in Flash because it was a drawing platform I felt cozy with even though there's better stuff out there for drawing.

Spoiler:

Now you know where the desire for a flying electric rodent came from!

Request for Shen. Landon, the half-dragon, half-Pikachu dude. :D

This is an oldie but goodie. I still think this is pretty good. :D

TEAM STORMRIDERS WALLPAPER

Gemma's story, PMD: Team Stormriders, was a story I instantly thought rocked the house. I made a wallpaper for it and hand-drew ALL of the Pokémon in it. Some of them look a bit scrappy and it does show it's age, but it's a great trip down memory lane.
    Spoiler:

OLD TRIAL OF JUNO STUFF

This is a batch of stuff I made for a TOJ wallpaper I made.

Spoiler:

The completed wallpaper stuff.

OLDER OTHER STUFF

Spoiler:

Ha, ha, this is ancient, but still funny. Remember in Monty Phython's Meaning of Life when the office pirates attack the executives? Well, this is that scene with Pokémon instead. I still laugh at the Pichu getting gagged by the Treecko.

Narsaka, a legendary Fakemon of Imagination I came up with. :D

The opening loading screen for a PMD Flash animation project that, sadly, never saw completion.

FAMILY FUN PACK OF GOOFY EMOLGA DOODLES

These were all done for a goofy April Fool's rotator back in 2011. The more I drew him, the more I loved him, and thus, the legend was born! And here's the whole pack of goofy Emolga doodles. :D

Spoiler:

SLIGHTLY MORE RECENT STUFF

This is stuff I've made within the last few years or so. It's proof I've gotten better. :D

Spoiler:

These three guys were for a Serebii Art Club banner contest. Yes, one of them absolutely had to be Emolga!

A Furret with a sniper rifle and high-tech military gear, request from a Serebii dude.

Aeron, an evil Pachirisu that was from an RP on Serebii.

Made for Shen when he was going through some pretty tough times.

An RP character that got hit with a mutagen and became a "chimera" of a Lopunny, an Umbreon, and a Ninetales. I did make a few others for that RP, but they're... eh, nothing to write home about. XD

VERY RECENT STUFF

This is all stuff I've made within the past month. Most of it's for GCEA Sketch Pad and Contests

Spoiler:

The Emolga you see on the title banner. :D
    Last edited by Neo Emolga; 02-12-2017 at 02:41 AM.

2. This post has been liked by:

Reach for the Stars ~★ Chibi Altaria's Avatar
    Lemme just start off by saying; what an awesome title. XD

OH YOU INCLUDED THE TSR WALLPAPER YOU MADE FOR ME. ;u; <3 THANK YOU AGAIN, NEO. I'm actually kinda surprised you didn't start a gallery sooner, you sure have enough stuff to get you started! It's great to see the transition from your older art to the newer stuff. You can definitely see you've improved. I'd be proud if I were you! I bet in a few more years you'll be ever better!

4. This post has been liked by:

Awesome, Neo! :D It's so cool of you to share your art! I admit that I am not a fan of guns and tiny pokemon with guns makes me rather uncomfortable, but whatever. xD The second I saw that Landon picture, I recognised it! I also recognised all those April Fool's 2011 emolga pictures. You had them all in your signature and it rotated between them. xD The only two I remember are something about not being able to sprite (the one with the coloured blocks xD) and the one about how you don't like reality TV shows, haha.

I love the one of the mew! c: It's so cute. And the three recent ones are looking really good! O: I haven't seen that mawile before but I really like it. Do you use a tablet? :]
    Last edited by Chakramaster; 02-22-2018 at 09:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Suicune's Fire View Post
    I haven't seen that mawile before but I really like it.
    That's my trainer Callie's partner Pokemon in GCEA. Ouroboros. :'D There was a TOTALLY RANDOM FUNNY SCENE at the start where poor Ouro ran off and chomped on a Tyrantrum's tail before anyone could stop him. XD Chaos ensued.

Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Lunar Latias View Post
    Lemme just start off by saying; what an awesome title. XD

OH YOU INCLUDED THE TSR WALLPAPER YOU MADE FOR ME. ;u; <3 THANK YOU AGAIN, NEO. I'm actually kinda surprised you didn't start a gallery sooner, you sure have enough stuff to get you started! It's great to see the transition from your older art to the newer stuff. You can definitely see you've improved. I'd be proud if I were you! I bet in a few more years you'll be ever better!
    Thanks! I felt it would fit perfectly!

TSR is awesome, I found it to be so memorable and the characters so likable that I had to make it. And it took me a while, but it was really great. Some of those Pokémon I know I can draw much better now, but ah, it was my best stuff at the time.

And yeah, I should have started a gallery sooner. I didn't think I had all that much stuff because it's scattered all over the place in different folders on my hard drive, but after Sarah encouraged me to start one and I gathered most of my stuff up, I was like... "wow, there's way more here than I thought there was!" And yep, this isn't even everything.

Awesome, Neo! :D It's so cool of you to share your art! I admit that I am not a fan of guns and tiny pokemon with guns makes me rather uncomfortable, but whatever. xD The second I saw that Landon picture, I recognised it! I also recognised all those April Fool's 2011 emolga pictures. You had them all in your signature and it rotated between them. xD The only two I remember are something about not being able to sprite (the one with the coloured blocks xD) and the one about how you don't like reality TV shows, haha.

I love the one of the mew! c: It's so cute. And the three recent ones are looking really good! O: I haven't seen that mawile before but I really like it. Do you use a tablet? :]
    Hey, thanks for swinging by!

I understand the part about Pokémon and guns, I don't think I've drawn a Pokémon with a firearm for a long while now. So yeah, sorry about that, I know it's kind of a touchy subject and these weren't meant to be taken too seriously. The ones on the Emogla rotator are mainly because I'm a first-person shooter gamer and then there's the one with the post-apocalyptic movie/game stuff. And the Pikachu stuff was meant to fit the "Neo Pikachu" theme, based on Neo from the Matrix (who also uses a lot of guns). But yeah, I haven't really drawn that kind of thing lately. I feel like I should create a brand new Emolga rotator. That was epic fun to make and drawing Emolga doing goofy stuff is priceless.

And yep, I use a Wacom Bamboo Fun tablet (it's a bit old, but still works great)! I used to draw with a mouse many years ago, and... I really don't know how I did it. Drawing with a tablet is so many times better.

That's my trainer Callie's partner Pokemon in GCEA. Ouroboros. :'D There was a TOTALLY RANDOM FUNNY SCENE at the start where poor Ouro ran off and chomped on a Tyrantrum's tail before anyone could stop him. XD Chaos ensued.
    AND IT WAS SO FUNNY!

No one was expecting it and then BAM, in Max's post, EVERYTHING goes nuts in a very comical and unexpected way! I would have felt a little goofy if one of my Pokémon caused that, but it's all fun and good in the end. Plus Mawile is a cool Pokémon, so I had to draw that scene. Epic fun stuff for sure!

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Emolga View Post
    Hey, thanks for swinging by!

I understand the part about Pokémon and guns, I don't think I've drawn a Pokémon with a firearm for a long while now. So yeah, sorry about that, I know it's kind of a touchy subject and these weren't meant to be taken too seriously. The ones on the Emogla rotator are mainly because I'm a first-person shooter gamer and then there's the one with the post-apocalyptic movie/game stuff. And the Pikachu stuff was meant to fit the "Neo Pikachu" theme, based on Neo from the Matrix (who also uses a lot of guns). But yeah, I haven't really drawn that kind of thing lately. I feel like I should create a brand new Emolga rotator. That was epic fun to make and drawing Emolga doing goofy stuff is priceless.

And yep, I use a Wacom Bamboo Fun tablet (it's a bit old, but still works great)! I used to draw with a mouse many years ago, and... I really don't know how I did it. Drawing with a tablet is so many times better.
    No worries! c: Of course I would!

Nah, nah, please don't be sorry! I didn't mean it like that. XD It's not that it's a touchy subject; I did actually think it looked kinda cool (to be honest I've imagined myself writing a pokemon warlike story before xP) but I think it was the idea of a tiny little innocent yellow mouse pokemon holding this deadly weapon (not that that's anything new; I mean, they produce brain-frying, skin-sizzling electric powers XD). I could imagine something like a nidoking holding a bazooka. Haha. Despite the ditto/zoroark madness I do usually take things very lightly. xD So yeah, I suppose that was a stupid comment on my part haha. It's your art anyway! How I feel shouldn't matter. x) BUT. You should do more emolga rotating banners! xD They were cool. It actually made me go in search of a banner rotator thing before I FINALLY FOUND A SITE THAT DID IT. It took me so long. xD I asked someone once and they gave me some stupid reply like "Figure it out ;P" haha.

Awesome! 8D I have a Bamboo too! Mine's old as well. xD I think I got it in 2009. Still works though, so I make good use of it! OH MY GOSH I USED TO SPRITE WITH A TRACK PAD. XD So I know the feels. It amazes me that @Rival Max used to draw all the time with a mouse and his drawings were amazing! Waaaaay better than I could do with a mouse. xD And the patience it takes... x__x

9. This post has been liked by:

@Neo Emolga And it does! XD

Ah, well now that makes me sad I lost the motivation to finish it. 3; But it really makes me happy that you enjoyed it. I was a bit bummed out a bit after I first started it. No one ever commented, so I didn't think they read it. xD It was great to hear you enjoyed it. Also I don't think it matters how much better you've gotten when comparing to your old stuff. We all improve, regardless, and it was the best you could do then so that still makes it awesome. :D

Haha, just imagine if you posted all the graphics you've made! XD THERE WOULD BE SO MUCH!

I know! I was just planning to have Ouro play around with the dinosaur, but THAT was epic. I'm actually surprised no one got crushed lol. How Callie is - or how I made her anyway - she obviously didn't feel too good about it, but I made it into a plus for her to put more effort into training her Pokemon and understanding them better. So it worked out in the end. xD

11. This post has been liked by:

Senior Administrator

No worries! c: Of course I would!

Nah, nah, please don't be sorry! I didn't mean it like that. XD It's not that it's a touchy subject; I did actually think it looked kinda cool (to be honest I've imagined myself writing a pokemon warlike story before xP) but I think it was the idea of a tiny little innocent yellow mouse pokemon holding this deadly weapon (not that that's anything new; I mean, they produce brain-frying, skin-sizzling electric powers XD). I could imagine something like a nidoking holding a bazooka. Haha. Despite the ditto/zoroark madness I do usually take things very lightly. xD So yeah, I suppose that was a stupid comment on my part haha. It's your art anyway! How I feel shouldn't matter. x) BUT. You should do more emolga rotating banners! xD They were cool. It actually made me go in search of a banner rotator thing before I FINALLY FOUND A SITE THAT DID IT. It took me so long. xD I asked someone once and they gave me some stupid reply like "Figure it out ;P" haha.

Awesome! 8D I have a Bamboo too! Mine's old as well. xD I think I got it in 2009. Still works though, so I make good use of it! OH MY GOSH I USED TO SPRITE WITH A TRACK PAD. XD So I know the feels. It amazes me that @Rival Max used to draw all the time with a mouse and his drawings were amazing! Waaaaay better than I could do with a mouse. xD And the patience it takes... x__x
    Hey, all good points!

Okay, I'm going to try and create a new Emolga rotator, because that was fun to create and while some of the ideas from the old one could be reused (I'd still draw all new images), there are a few new ones that I think would be fun to put into the mix.

@Neo Emolga And it does! XD

Ah, well now that makes me sad I lost the motivation to finish it. 3; But it really makes me happy that you enjoyed it. I was a bit bummed out a bit after I first started it. No one ever commented, so I didn't think they read it. xD It was great to hear you enjoyed it. Also I don't think it matters how much better you've gotten when comparing to your old stuff. We all improve, regardless, and it was the best you could do then so that still makes it awesome. :D

Haha, just imagine if you posted all the graphics you've made! XD THERE WOULD BE SO MUCH!

I know! I was just planning to have Ouro play around with the dinosaur, but THAT was epic. I'm actually surprised no one got crushed lol. How Callie is - or how I made her anyway - she obviously didn't feel too good about it, but I made it into a plus for her to put more effort into training her Pokemon and understanding them better. So it worked out in the end. xD
    Ah, that's hard, because it was such a deep and intriguing story and I always wondered how it would end. Plus the whole website you made for it was awesome and really well-done.

As for Ouro and Callie, I'm wondering what other adventures and craziness are in store for them. Should be fun to see how things go. :)

13. This post has been liked by:

I'd bet you're probably the one person on the planet who draw the most Emolga stuff. xP

The Pokemon with firearms thing: I like it! Very creative. I've never thought of combining Pokemon and a "real-world" thing like that before. And I got a kick out of that Pikachu robber one. xD You've got great expressions on your drawings.

And where are all the XAT ones, huh? xP That Umbreon is great!

15. This post has been liked by:

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

I can't believe I haven't commented here yet! I really can see the improvement in your stuff. I think my favorite is the Emolga digging for stones and stuff. Your drawings are really good. Can you draw this well traditionally?
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire