Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Well, I'm sure most people have noticed the new avatar and signature I have on now, but if you wanted to see the full Emolga artwork I drew for both of them, here they are!

I feel like I've already used the official/anime art like a thousand times over and I didn't want to use what might be someone else's fan art (sometimes it's tough to tell), so I decided heck, I'll draw the dude this time and have him doing exactly what I what him to do!

I am CONVINCED with the way these came out, there's absolutely no reason for me to use official or anime screencap artwork anymore unless I'm just pressed for time, because these come pretty dang close enough! Best part is no one can come after you and the resolution and scale is way more than what most images on Google ring up.

2. This post has been liked by:

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Emolga View Post
    Well, I'm sure most people have noticed the new avatar and signature I have on now, but if you wanted to see the full Emolga artwork I drew for both of them, here they are!

I feel like I've already used the official/anime art like a thousand times over and I didn't want to use what might be someone else's fan art (sometimes it's tough to tell), so I decided heck, I'll draw the dude this time and have him doing exactly what I what him to do!

I am CONVINCED with the way these came out, there's absolutely no reason for me to use official or anime screencap artwork anymore unless I'm just pressed for time, because these come pretty dang close enough! Best part is no one can come after you and the resolution and scale is way more than what most images on Google ring up.
    And for good reason man. These are absolutely incredible! They work out JUST the way you want them to. That's what makes the avatar and banner THAT much better. So much so, they are to your own perfection. Really well done man and congrats on becoming Emolga again! I knew you wanted to.

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..

Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Chakramaster View Post
    And for good reason man. These are absolutely incredible! They work out JUST the way you want them to. That's what makes the avatar and banner THAT much better. So much so, they are to your own perfection. Really well done man and congrats on becoming Emolga again! I knew you wanted to.
    Thank you, dude! Although I know I'm on the very edge in DBR and now I'm stuck in the state of always being one loss away from being out, hey, it was a good run and I got pretty far. Win or lose, I'm ready for whatever chance throws at me.

It's funny, I look at these and then look back at post #1 in this thread and some of the really old stuff I've done years past. So. Much. Difference. There was a time I thought I would always be scrappy at drawing and I had on and off periods of trying, not liking what I created, sometimes settling for what I thought was okay, and then stopping for a while before taking another swing at it. There were days when I had doubts about what I cranked out, quit with my tail between my legs, and just resorted to only official art for banners and such. Those days are over. When I first started drawing, I told myself "I want to get at least to the point where my pictures are as good as the anime depictions." I solidly feel after all these years, finally I've gotten there. But you know what, why stop here?

I can attest to anyone who has doubts about their art. Find the right tools that work for you, get plenty of practice, use references to give yourself places to start, and just keep trying. It can and will come.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Emolga View Post
    Thank you, dude! Although I know I'm on the very edge in DBR and now I'm stuck in the state of always being one loss away from being out, hey, it was a good run and I got pretty far. Win or lose, I'm ready for whatever chance throws at me.

It's funny, I look at these and then look back at post #1 in this thread and some of the really old stuff I've done years past. So. Much. Difference. There was a time I thought I would always be scrappy at drawing and I had on and off periods of trying, not liking what I created, sometimes settling for what I thought was okay, and then stopping for a while before taking another swing at it. There were days when I had doubts about what I cranked out, quit with my tail between my legs, and just resorted to only official art for banners and such. Those days are over. When I first started drawing, I told myself "I want to get at least to the point where my pictures are as good as the anime depictions." I solidly feel after all these years, finally I've gotten there. But you know what, why stop here?

I can attest to anyone who has doubts about their art. Find the right tools that work for you, get plenty of practice, use references to give yourself places to start, and just keep trying. It can and will come.
    It's a great way to look at it man! A lot of hard work over time can really show the difference and improvements. Much unlike myself where I've always talked myself down. With enough hard work, anything is possible. One day I'll take up the chance again for sure. Who knows how things may turn out with that.

Even better, win or lose. You've got a SUPER AWESOME Emolga avatar and banner set to last you awhile now man! That's the best part!

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..

6. This post has been liked by:

Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Chakramaster View Post
    It's a great way to look at it man! A lot of hard work over time can really show the difference and improvements. Much unlike myself where I've always talked myself down. With enough hard work, anything is possible. One day I'll take up the chance again for sure. Who knows how things may turn out with that.

Even better, win or lose. You've got a SUPER AWESOME Emolga avatar and banner set to last you awhile now man! That's the best part!
    Just find something to fuel your motivation. Such as think about the benefit of being able to create and use a picture of Pikachu doing ANYTHING you wanted. But yeah, don't talk yourself down.

And thanks, I'll definitely wear this set for a nice long while. :3

Ooh, very nice emolga pictures! :D I really like them! I would suggest one thing about the flying one; the left-hand leg seems a little flat, but bulging it out a little would fix that, I think. The same kind of round knee/leg style as pikachu, buizel, teddiursa, etc. But yeah, great job! :D

Those Emolga are really cute! Keep it up with those dynamic poses. Tbh dynamicism is something I personally have trouble with for some reason (probably because I put that limitation on myself tbh), and it's always really good to practice it.

Greninja: Axibians | Gengar: Speed's ORAS Emporium! | Malamar: Picarto | Roserade: Speed's Pixel Cluster | Gliscor: ASB Stats | Tentacruel: Pokemon Prism Stats | Drapion: VPP Stats | Mega Sableye: Recolored Shiny XYORAS Icon Sprites | Flygon: URPG Stats | Snivy: Viridian Reference | Treecko: Link Vault | Shiny Whismur: All shiny Pokemon
    Pfp by my friend Muerte Verde
    ------------

Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Suicune's Fire View Post
    Ooh, very nice emolga pictures! :D I really like them! I would suggest one thing about the flying one; the left-hand leg seems a little flat, but bulging it out a little would fix that, I think. The same kind of round knee/leg style as pikachu, buizel, teddiursa, etc. But yeah, great job! :D
    Thanks! Ack, yeah, now that you pointed it out, I notice it, too. Ah, just a teeny flaw, but I'll keep that in mind for next time!

Quote Originally Posted by Speed-X View Post
    Those Emolga are really cute! Keep it up with those dynamic poses. Tbh dynamicism is something I personally have trouble with for some reason (probably because I put that limitation on myself tbh), and it's always really good to practice it.
    Yeah, it's tricky at first. You need to know pretty much all the physical characteristics of the thing you're drawing. Emolga is one of those Pokemon I've seen so many pictures of that I've actually noticed differences in the official art, anime, and card art depictions. Sometimes the cheeks and/or eyes appear to be larger or smaller. Same thing with the ears and the shape of the tail.

11. This post has been liked by:

Senior Administrator

*Blows the dust off of this, again.*

Noblejanobii convinced me to get in on Inktober 2019, and it's been a pretty wild ride! I've decided not to really follow the official prompts, but instead, I'm trying something new with only one challenge rule:

You're free to draw any Pokémon, but it has to be a Pokémon you've never drawn before.

Some of these are only sketches because I just didn't have the time to do full-blown art, but hey, it's something and I think even the sketches turned out pretty well.

If you've been on the Discord Creative Discussion channel, you've probably been already seeing these, but I figured I'd share them here. :3

DAY 1

Very simple Dedenne sketch I did, but this was in fact on Day 2 when Noble talked me into this. And I tried to crank this out in like only a half hour since it was already getting late and I was two drawings behind. But hey, since I did two pictures on Day 2, I think that's still keeping up with the pace!

DAY 2

This was the other drawing I did on October 2nd. Maybe if I get the extra time, I'll lineart and color these first two.

DAY 3

I'm sure you know what starter I'm picking.

DAY 4

Now this actually followed the official prompt! But then I looked at what prompts come up in the future and was like... nah.

DAY 5

You're going to need a lot more than just napkins.

DAY 6

You totally can, whatever that thing is!

13. This post has been liked by:

Used Thunderbolt! Arrow-Jolteon's Avatar

Dude, LOVE the Goodra. The others are great as well, but the Goodra is my favorite <3