Happy 3rd Birthday, PRS!

Today marks the 3rd anniversary of the official launch of Pokemon: Rising Shadows way back when in 2013!

To celebrate, PRS will be updating every single day until the 16th... assuming I can get those pages done! xD I've got the first three ready- the last three shouldn't be too bad. It's that fourth one I'm glaring at right now. (If you haven't seen today's page- go look now! It's one of my favorite art wise in a while- so much effort! Same with page 05-25)

Anyway- three years later and we've gone through quite a bit of changes. Most notably in my art. For the most part, I've kept the style through PRS consistent- I haven't really changed how I draw (most) of the characters. The changes I have made however have all been to improve the style itself- most of which have been done more recently. I think the major art style changes are as listed:

01-12: First time I changed my lineart brush. It still stinks at this point. More of a minor change.
    03-15: I started using a thicker lineart brush at this point. It looked nicer and made coloring easier. I didn't use this consistently right away though- not until 03-21
    04-01: I might have the exact page wrong- but this is around where I switched to a new and far cleaner lineart brush- it's the brush I still use today~!
    04-12: Added in more shading layers cause I'm awful to myself and added extra work. xD
    05-01: I started using thicker lines again. xD
    05-16: Line colors!
    05-17: I considered changing to a new style entirely- this was the test. As nice as it turned out, it took way too much time
    05-18: High-Res Pages! The biggest change of all- I began working at a much higher resolution before scaling down to post the final pages. This made the pages a lot nicer looking since many errors are less visible after scaling down!

You know- that's not counting the billion different ways I've drawn/painted fire in PRS. Here's a compilation of all my failed attempts at fire. xD ONE DAY I'll pick a style

Spoiler:

Another change that I've made recently to PRS is how I'll be telling the story. It's still going to be a comic- but it's my goal to get more going on in each page so that the story progresses faster. In the past I've kept the pages to a few panels and such for the sake of page completion time- but after reading enough MTMTE, I've decided that PRS would benefit more from a slightly faster pace- so that's my next goal: Better pacing and planning!

Anyway- here's a few questions for you people!

1) Who's your favorite character so far?
    2) Favorite character design?
    3) Favorite Chapter?
    4) Favorite Page?
    5) Favorite Panel?
    6) That one question you're dying to know the answer to?
    7) Favorite scene?
    8) Favorite quote?
    9) Favorite character facial expression?
    10) Overall favorite thing about PRS so far?

I'll be answering the above questions from author/artist standpoint later on! I'm running out of time to write this post since I still need to prepare the uploads for the next page in two minutes!

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

The Growlithe Twins by far. I want talking plushies of them. Make this a thing.

I think I like Bern's design the best. He's got a very nice mix of grumpiness and reptile in him that is not often shown in charmanders.

3) Favorite Chapter?
    Isn't it chapter 3 where we meet the Growlithe twins? yeah, that chapter.

4) Favorite Page?
    I can't remember the exact number but it is the one that looks like a pacman layout with all the booby traps and stuff and all the characters are just heads on the map.

5) Favorite Panel?

You know exactly what, or rather who, it is.

7) Favorite scene?
    I don't have one in particular but pretty much any scene where the Growlithe twins are playing pranks is my favorite.

8) Favorite quote?
    Echo: What twisted pokemon put these here?

Pretty much all of Naya's expressions while falling for the booby traps. They're all hilarious!

The mysteriousness of it all is great. Much like the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon series, PRS is great in that it has a very set out plot, but you know that something is going to disrupt the whole thing eventually, you just don't know what. It creates a very nice air of mystery and skepticism as you try and figure out, who is a traitor, who is a friend, and what exactly is going on in general.
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

Do I have to pick just one? It's too hard to pick between Naya and the twins. XD

Hmm. In terms of appearance? I really like how Echo looks and is presented; it's really neat how he appears in Naya's reflection but is so different with his eyes and expressions.

3) Favorite Chapter?
    Chapter 4 because of all the buttons. >D

4) Favorite Page?
    Spoiler:

5) Favorite Panel?
    This counts as one panel, right?
    Spoiler:

Will there be other characters later on who are as mischievous as the twins?

7) Favorite scene?
    Any scene with the twins. XD

8) Favorite quote dialog?
    Naya: "Wait... So fire Pokemon ARE on fire?!"
    Echo: "I think it's about time someone told you that you're a fire type yourself."
    Naya: "..... I'm not going to spontaneously combust, am I?"
    Echo: "Yes, eventually."

Oh goodness. There are so many good ones to choose from. Here's one of my favorites:

The wonderfully entertaining character interaction.

Quote Originally Posted by Vigilante Janobii View Post
    I want talking plushies of them. Make this a thing.
    I second this. Twins plushies really need to be a thing.

Prism Stats

Senior Administrator

11) Favorite Characters to Blame

TWINSSSSSSSSSSSSSS