Rules.

They were made to dictate.
    ... To control.

Peace. Prosperity. Democracy.

The calm before the storm.

Made for balance.
    Made for restriction.

Formed for unity. Formed for power.

Like a choke hold on society. Like a vice grip on our own free will.

But rules were made..
    .. To be broken.

Tonight.

Tonight, we rise.

Rise against the powers.
    Against the control.
    Against the rules.

We will take no prisoners.
    We will show no mercy.

This...
    ... Is anarchy.

Volatile. Violent.
    Cruel. Unforgiving.

We will have our way, and we shall live how we please.

Nothing can stop us.

This..
    .. Is freedom.

No rules. No restrictions. No order.
    Disorder and chaos. Peace annihilated.
    There are no repercussions for our actions.

We are free.

Are you ready for it?
    For Freedom? For Madness? For Anarchy?

This is it.
    This is the storm!

Tonight, our wills be done!

Tonight, we are all.
    Tonight, we are none.
    Tonight, we go to hell.
    Tonight, we are free.

.. To do what we please.
    Paired with Jessu
    .|.Instagram.|.TiKToK.|.Podcast.|.Buy Stuff.|.Gallery.|.
    ~

"Little Red Star"
    MARVEL'S BLACK WIDOW

Smile pretty, my little red star.
    From the shadows, we fester.
    Look down on your foes, and prepare to strike.
    Silent as the grave, deadly as a widow's bite.
    Run for your lives
    Run for your lives
    End their lives, my little red star.

From youth to maturity.
    Growth in body and in mind.
    From foolishness and naivety
    To cunning and relentlessness
    Spreading fear like a disease
    Punishing the enemies of our land.
    End their lives, my little red star.

They come for us with their morals and laws.
    They'd take you from me
    Poison you against me
    Turn tail, and live to fight again.
    Hide in the shadows, like we always planned.
    Run, run away
    Run, run away
    My little red star.

They've caught you, and you've learned their ways.
    They've killed you, or who you used to be.
    No longer my little red star.
    No, you're something even more.
    Hero, agent, spy, and shield.
    Defender, weapon, to save and kill.
    They send you after me, to stop me from saving you.
    Come for me, my little red star.

To them, I am the poison which turned you pale
    But, I am the reason you have yet to fail
    To me, you are who you are
    I created the little red star.
    Yet you seek me, out for justice
    Or you hunt me, out for blood
    Come for me, then.
    End my life, my Красная звезда.

-----

So, I just read the "Black Widow: Forever Red" young adult novel by Margaret Stohl. Reading it really gave me a new perspective on the character, Natasha Romanova. It's also where I drew inspiration to write up this short poem. I also felt it a good way to kick back up the writing, and work away some of my rust. I know that Soviet Russia actually did recruit orphans off the street to raise them as spies and assassins. So you could look at this poem from that perspective, too. It's also dark and gritty, like most of my poetry. So I hope you guys dig it.
    Last edited by XaiakuX; 02-18-2017 at 04:27 AM.
    Paired with Jessu
    ~

3. This post has been liked by:

Soups 

"New Beginnings"
    A challenger approaches!
    ---

Drip. Drip. Drip.

.. Drip.

The sound of the sweat hitting the top of my duel disk resonated in my ears as it escaped from the pores on my face. It's about all that I could hear, despite the roar of the crowd around my opponent and I. There he stood, arm outstretched clad in a black sleeve and leather straps. Overshadowing a familiar white trench coat. My eyes met with an intense stare from a pair of piercing sapphire eyes. My gaze didn't catch for long. As the dust around me me began to clear, my sight was burdened by an image even more profound, just overhead. A large, fearsome, white dragon with equally menacing blue eyes.

The next sound I hear is a not-so-familiar sound. The sound of my life point counter dropping to zero. It had been such a long road. Such a difficult trial to get to this point. But I couldn't do anything but smile. I just had the duel of my life, and although he would never admit it, I bet he did, too. The next sound I heard was a roaring cheer from a resilient crowd. All there to cheer on their hero. That hero certainly wasn't me. It was my opponent. For some reason, ever since Yugi Motou vanished off the face of the planet, the world turned to him as its Duel King. A title that I've striven for, ever since Yugi abandoned the title.

Seto Kaiba. The Duel King stood before me, as the holographic images faded to nothing, and our duel disks reverted to their inactive state. Kaiba raised a hand to the sky, and the crowd fell silent.

“Yugi,” his voice echoed through the arena, “You may have fallen off the face of the planet. But, that doesn't mean I'm going to give up until I've beaten you!” The crowd roared again, they really loved him. I didn't really understand why he didn't acknowledge me, even though I almost beat him.

“Every day that you waste away is a day that I grow better, and more determined. Despite the worthless oppositions I face in the finals of every tournament I hold!” This being the third tournament he'd held since Yugi's disappearance. Some believed he did it simply to coax the former Duel King out of hiding, and out of retirement. All to no avail. Though, there I stood, dumbfounded by the fact that he called me 'worthless.'

“Really? If you hadn't drawn that last card, I would have beaten you. Give me some credit,” I said out loud, without even thinking about it. The crowd hushed, suddenly. It was only then that I realized that they hadn't cut out my microphone. There it was, again. That menacing glare. I really stepped in it, this time.

“You,” just that word alone sent a chill down my spin, “You never stood a chance against me. The card I drew wasn't even the card that I played to win. But if you want the bronze metal, and the attention it brings, it's all yours. I'll even give you something else. You put up more of a fight than that two bit duelist, Joey Wheeler. But, that isn't saying much.”

Kaiba wasn't wrong. About the first part, anyways. I was so caught up in the moment, the thrill of the duel, I hadn't even noticed that he placed the card he drew in his hand, before picking up another one. Not only did I look like a fool, but a wrong fool. There's just no love for that kind of failure. But it was still a great duel. To think someone can turn a duel completely on its head with one card. A feat only achievable by Seto Kaiba.

He turned his back to me, and walked off of the arena stage. His little brother was immediately there to greet and congratulate him. As well as mock me for speaking out of term. I turned and left the arena stage as well, I was greeted by my girlfriend, who looked all too disappointed that I lost to the Duel King. I wasn't bothered by it, though. It was my dream to go one on one with the master of the Blue-Eyes White Dragon. Even if I lost, it was a dream come true.

But now I have a new dream, and that dream is to find Yugi Motou. I'll find him, and convince him to return to the world of Duel Monsters. To see all of his cards in play, again. The Dark Magician, Dark Magician Girl, the Egyptian God Cards, the Magnet Warriors. I'll help him find himself, and become the greatest, once again! I'll be the reason he reclaims his title of Duel King.

Then, I'll be the one who takes it all away.

-----

This is obviously a Yu-Gi-Oh! piece. I've been on a bit of a kick with the card game, lately. So, I decided to go ahead and write a little piece on my favorite character, Seto Kaiba. Why Kaiba? Well because he has my favorite card, and he's the only one who has one, in the anime. My real life deck is a Blue-Eyes White Dragon themed deck. All the cards in it are meant to work around that one card, and it does so, beautifully. So if you're a Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan, I bet you'll at least partially enjoy enjoy this.
    Paired with Jessu
    ~

Bro~! Your writing skillz r mad dope. The way you put yourself into a scenario with an actual Yugioh character was kinda strange, but I can dig it. The way you wrote Seto Kaiba was so on point, it seems almost romanticized, it comes off as unique and wonderful.

Luv ur Face!

Also, bump.
    Paired with Jessu
    ~

Pride of a Powerful Dragon Pokemon

Behold, as I will. The grace and poise, of my existence. The imposing demeanor, and fierce composure. A body by which you gawk in amazement, and in fear. Intimidation and Infatuation. Feelings of joy and worthlessness, as you begin to understand the entity that stands before you.
    Crushed by an overwhelming sense of pride, and a harsh desire to kneel. You stand before a creature of deadly atrocities, and of glorious purpose. I am a brilliant force of strength, and a violent hunter.

I don't bother to stalk my prey. I have a bright, golden armored hide, and there is no point in hiding in the shadows. I am engine of destruction. A vessel of devastation. A beast with a ravenous hunger for domination. At my tallest, I tower over any foe, and at my lowest, I am a deadly weapon in battle.
    My outer shell is impenetrable, and immune to any weapons! The claws on my body, and blades on either side of my face are already colored red for a reason! Because by the time you've crossed my path, you've already lost the fight.

I don't need waves of energy, or roar cries to weaken you. I will come at you with everything I have until there is nothing left. I am a physical and powerful machine, and I do not relent. If I need to, I will entrance you with a performance of my savage nature to give me an edge.
    If that fails, then prepare to receive every bit of my outrageous might. Nothing and no one can stand against me. None can compare without assistance, or stature. I am rage, I am vengeance, I am a Dragon unlike any other..

..I am Haxorus.
    Last edited by XaiakuX; 03-13-2018 at 08:44 PM.
    Paired with Jessu
    ~

growing strong Pokemon Trainer Sarah's Avatar
    Site Editor

Senior Administrator

Feelings of joy and worthlessness,
    I liked this line a lot. Very nice imagery and descriptions. :)
    GCEA