Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Songs or Albums?

When you listen to music, do you find yourself enjoying individual songs from artists or enjoying whole albums?

I'm more of an album person. While I'm bound to not love every track on an album, I'll always listen to a whole album from beginning to end at least once. And I'm very particular about the order of the songs because I want to experience it as it was intended. I use albums kind of as defining periods in an artist's career.

And usually it's just two or three songs off an album that become really popular and are more well-known than all the rest. But they aren't always my favorite tracks. (Like with Evanescence's Fallen. Bring Me to Life is by far the most popular song, but I think there are better ones on the album--ones that a lot of people never even know about.)

I came in like a wrecking ball... [Desolate Divine]'s Avatar
    Senior Moderator

I have a playlist with all my favorite tracks. However I collect CDs, and every so often, I will buy a heap of them, and leave them in the car to listen to.

i prefer to listen to individual songs generally, though with bands i really love i will listen through full albums at least once

for the most part though i tend to only pick a couple songs off each album to download, its rare when i like stuff enough to download Everything and listen to All of it, even with my very favorite bands

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Lately I've only been buying individual songs. A lot of the time, there are no-so-great songs on an album and I'd rather not waste money on something I'm only going to listen to once, dislike, and then never listen to again. Deftones is a good example of a band that has a few great songs, and then others are just filler junk.

I don't know what's supposed to go here. Pokeman's Avatar
    Songs. Right now, I'm not really leaning towards a certain band, I just like alot of the same genre.

I usually like roughly half the songs in an album that they are from, so I guess that counts as individual songs.

I still buy the album itself in the end though.
    Ascension Drive. Faraway Sands.

Molly, you're so adorable! Otter Mii-kun's Avatar
    Although I have listened to a couple of studio albums in their entirety, I prefer singles and compilations. With the compilation discs I have, most of the songs were major hits, and obviously, you can be more selective with singles-even if you mostly only play the "A" side (or first track).

growing strong Pokemon Trainer Sarah's Avatar
    Site Editor

Senior Administrator

i prefer to listen to individual songs generally, though with bands i really love i will listen through full albums at least once
    Pretty much this. Often when I really like a song and then go try and find their other stuff, I don't like it as much. xD The few times I have liked it, I ended up liking all their stuff and they became one of my favourites!
    GCEA

Experienced Trainer Daughter of Mew's Avatar
    I prefer listening to individual songs because I have the attention span of a peanut :)

Reach for the Stars ~★ Chibi Altaria's Avatar
    What star said. xD I'll listen to entire albums from my favourite bands, and then just individual songs by other artists here and there.