The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

What do you have the most difficulty on?

When creating a story, what do you struggle the most on? Is it the characters, the planning out of the story, the lull between plot points?

For me, I struggle with planning out my stories before I write them. I should script these out but I usually don't so they kind of end up very random in nature.
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

Reach for the Stars ~★ Chibi Altaria's Avatar
    Um. Plot. Like a fully, fleshed out plot. Characters are the easiest things for me, but trying to decided on a story that has high impact and makes sense dives me up a wall. ;n;

Administrator

Mine seems to be all around, just changes at times. I've got notes to start something (something besides the "Book of Many Chu") that I held onto. One day I'll come up with a new idea to add to the story, but the next it's how to implement characters and their story. Plot twists are another! I may think of a new one, but then it's HOW to make it happen and when.

I'd love to be able to work this story into actually starting, but they way it's going...probably won't happen xD. That'd be a year's worth of notes gone too

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

For me, coming up with different and distinctive character personalities and making sure I stick with them. A while ago, I made too many characters seem way too much alike, and that's definitely not a good thing. Also, characters should get into arguments, even if they're on the same side. In the past, I had characters often agreeing with each other and it makes it pretty boring if there isn't some kind of inner turmoil going on. It doesn't have to erupt into full-fledged civil war, but sometimes even best friends can have shaky alliances.

growing strong Pokemon Trainer Sarah's Avatar
    Site Editor

Senior Administrator

Definitely characters. I have a million ideas for random stories but I'm bad at coming up with interesting characters and then keeping them in character. Especially if I like them because then I want them to seem smart and cool and not to anything wrong. XD

I also struggle doing stories longer than one shots because I get bored writing "filler" type things. I just wanna jump to the main events. :P
    GCEA

Reach for the Stars ~★ Chibi Altaria's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon Trainer Sarah View Post
    Definitely characters. I have a million ideas for random stories but I'm bad at coming up with interesting characters and then keeping them in character. Especially if I like them because then I want them to seem smart and cool and not to anything wrong. XD

I also struggle doing stories longer than one shots because I get bored writing "filler" type things. I just wanna jump to the main events. :P
    Oh my gosh I struggled with that so much when writing. xD Often my fillers would just kinda "jump" cause it was so tedious to write them I just wanted to get back to the action!

In the cardboard box in front of your house.
    I usually struggle with longer stories because it's a matter of wanting to continue it to see it to its completion, and so far that just hasn't worked out very well for me. I haven't finished very many long stories. xD

Other than that, titles are usually a struggle for me. Sometimes they come out good, other times... not so much.

Lover of Centipedes Scytherwolf's Avatar
    Write emotion is hard for me. I have been improving on that though. Also writing short things. I still want to be able to write one shots one day but I'm just not good at making up an entire story all at once. I usually have to start writing to figure out what I want the story to be, so my stories are always pretty long.