View Poll Results: What Region Should this take place in?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Kanto

0 0%
  • Johto

0 0%
  • Hoenn

1 11.11%
  • Sinnoh

0 0%
  • Unova

2 22.22%
  • Kalos

0 0%
  • A Super Region (like Pangea)

4 44.44%
  • Other

2 22.22%
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Pokemon Gijinka: Apocalypse

Welcome to the pokemon world, or, at least, what's left of it. 200 years ago the world was populated by humanoid pokemon known as gijinkas as well as non-pokemon animals, but was destroyed by a nuclear war. Thankfully, Vault Tec supplied the means to survive through it, in the form of underground vaults, until it is safe to return to the surface. During those 200 years, most of the creatures mutated into horrible beasts while the remaining gijinkas on the surface either fought them off to create new settlements or mutated as well.

Underground, however, things were not much better. Only a few of the vaults were actually meant to keep those inside alive, the others were made to conduct experiments. These experiments ranged from keeping them in the vault forever to pumping drugs through the air vents, and everything in between. Though, not all experiments were on the residents. Some were along the lines of creating the perfect way to grow plants.

You have been sheltered from the world your whole life, inside one of these vaults, and now you must traverse the harsh and desolate wasteland. Will you ally with a strong faction of the survivors? Or will you stay neutral? Will you turn to crime? Or will you help stop criminals? The choices are all yours, and yours alone.

Be careful, though, in the wasteland, each choice you can make will have a repercussion, which could lead to someone hunting you down for being too good or too bad or for siding against them. Always be prepared, or it could be your last day and you wouldn't know it until it's too late.

Also, the pokemon that could've healed the world, the major legendaries, are the ones behind Vault Tec. The minor legends, however, were tricked into living in the vaults because the others felt they may get in the way of everything.

Rules:
    1) All PXR rules apply.
    2) You must have a character that is a 'vault dweller' gijinka. Later on, you may take on a character that is one of the mutated species that came from gijinkas.
    3) Keep in mind how the radiation may or may not affect your character. For instance, Grass-types would likely have a lot of issues due to the radiation, steel types could be immune, and poison types may heal. But these aren't necessarily true. Just use your head on it.
    4) Genderless pokemon must have genders.
    5) Everyone starts with characters equivalent to level five pokemon, but there is no real leveling system.
    6) There can only be one of every legendary, and the major legends are the Overseers of the vaults.
    7) Have fun!

Gijinka Evolution: Level evolutions are a little loose, friendship evolutions are completely up to the RPer, Sylveon counts as a friendship evolution, stone evolutions are normal, and trade evolutions require a link cable and whatever other item is necessary if applicable.

Form:

Name:
    Species:
    Appearance:
    Moves:
    SPECIAL: (Strength, Perception, Endurance, Charisma, Intelligence, Agility, Luck) (At least one point in each, maximum of 10 points in any stat)
    Personality: (optional)
    History: (optional)
    Crush: (optional)
    Other: (optional)
    Last edited by AWA1997; 05-14-2016 at 10:00 PM.

CLEARLY this is Fallout. So i had to add in the magic SPECIAL stats thingy.

Name: Steven Six
    Species: Absol
    Appearance:
    Moves: Night Slash, Aerial Ace, Blizzard, Hone Claws
    SPECIAL: 7.8.6.2.7.3.7
    Personality:
    History:
    Spoiler:
    He had lived a normal life before the bombs started dropping...

Crush: Steven does not intend to end up in another relationship, given how the last one... Ended.
    Other: Steven was a bit slow to get to the vault, and his already short temper was refined and made unpredictable by the small sprinkling of radiation he got hit with. This is something he will soon call a "Break." A break is a period of uncontrollable rage and strength, commonly brought on by aggravations and stress, although sometimes they come randomly. He's trying to get it under control, but...

UNFINISHED
    Last edited by Steven_Six; 05-16-2016 at 04:34 PM.
    "Be not the unremarkable tree of the forest, but the cherry blossom that stands alone."
    ~Myself?!?!
    "I go to sleep one night, then I wake up in the middle of all this..."
    --PMD Stalkers
    http://www.pokemoncrossroads.com/for...T-PMD-Stalkers

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

HAHAHAHA!! *slow clap while laughing*

So we have to have a first stage pokemon? And I think you know me well enough what my other question will be since I see nothing in the rules about it, yes?
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

I have to add in more because of the four paragraph rule for the badge, so the setup post isn't quite done, I just had to leave when I had that much.
    @Steven_Six, I wasn't quite sure how to add in the SPECIAL system or it would be there already. I wasn't sure which would be better, the pokemon stats, the SPECIAL stats, or finding a way to work both in.
    @Vigilante Janobii, first, why are you laughing and slow clapping? Second, yes, except in the cases of baby pokemon such as snorlax, where it could be either one. Third, I was actually still thinking through on legendaries, including Shaymin. Give me a bit to think it through some more, please.

Also, do either of you have an idea on what region this should be in? I didn't want to just plop down a region before getting some feedback on that topic.

Hmmm good question... Uh. Maybe a Superregion, like a pangea of sorts?

And i couldn't help but Special, mate.
    "Be not the unremarkable tree of the forest, but the cherry blossom that stands alone."
    ~Myself?!?!
    "I go to sleep one night, then I wake up in the middle of all this..."
    --PMD Stalkers
    http://www.pokemoncrossroads.com/for...T-PMD-Stalkers

I made a poll for this, @Steven_Six, and put your choice as an option.

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

@AWA1997
    1. Because you chose Fallout! I should have known.
    2. So, just to make sure I've got this right. I can have Fennekin, but not Delphox. I can have Azurill and Marill, but not Azumarill. And I can have Budew and Roselia, but what about Roserade since you can have a level 1-5 Roserade.
    3. Ha! @Steven_Six told you he'd know! And I figured it was worth posing Awa, no pressure.
    / / / / / / / /

Quote Originally Posted by Vigilante Janobii View Post
    @AWA1997
    1. Because you chose Fallout! I should have known.
    2. So, just to make sure I've got this right. I can have Fennekin, but not Delphox. I can have Azurill and Marill, but not Azumarill. And I can have Budew and Roselia, but what about Roserade since you can have a level 1-5 Roserade.
    3. Ha! @Steven_Six told you he'd know! And I figured it was worth posing Awa, no pressure.
    1. Ah. Well I don't know many other game franchises. If it were just franchises in general, I would've asked you if you'd think Flare would be mad about me sort of borrowing Pokemon Defense Academy, with some tweaks of course.
    2. I'm not sure if I'd count Roserade as a special condition evolution or not, but you're right everywhere else.
    3. XD Ok, then. And, yeah, I'm just thinking of how the legendaries would work because I'm sure they would've already fixed the world in 200 years unless they were working with Vault Tec as the vaults' Overseers, and if we did that, then the Shaymin would be a minor character, and I don't think you'd want that.

Also, did you see the poll?

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by AWA1997 View Post
    1. Ah. Well I don't know many other game franchises. If it were just franchises in general, I would've asked you if you'd think Flare would be mad about me sort of borrowing Pokemon Defense Academy, with some tweaks of course.
    2. I'm not sure if I'd count Roserade as a special condition evolution or not, but you're right everywhere else.
    3. XD Ok, then. And, yeah, I'm just thinking of how the legendaries would work because I'm sure they would've already fixed the world in 200 years unless they were working with Vault Tec as the vaults' Overseers, and if we did that, then the Shaymin would be a minor character, and I don't think you'd want that.
    1. I actually had thought of that when I was looking at the roleplay thing too but decided against it. XD
    2. Well Roserade isn't the only one like that. Raichu, Wigglytuff, Clefable, the Eeveelutions, Togekiss, Lucario, Chimecho, Honchkrow, and Mismagius are some of the others that could fall into this category off the top of my head.
    3. Unless the minor legendaries were locked in the vaults too to keep them from meddling or something. Like the bigger legendaries tricked them into believing that the situation was too dangerous for them.
    / / / / / / / /

1. XD Great minds think alike.
    2. Chingling and Chimecho fall under Snorlax and Munchlax's rules. And, yeah, stones and happiness are a couple I'll have to think about, unless you think they'd just work as is.
    3. True, that could work. And I believe the only ones that would be affected by that are Mew, Manaphy, Jirachi, Shaymin, and Celebi, correct? (Not counting Rotom and Phione as legendaries, since I don't see them as legendaries.)