View Poll Results: What Region Should this take place in?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Kanto

0 0%
  • Johto

0 0%
  • Hoenn

1 11.11%
  • Sinnoh

0 0%
  • Unova

2 22.22%
  • Kalos

0 0%
  • A Super Region (like Pangea)

4 44.44%
  • Other

2 22.22%
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Ok, apparently according to Sam and Steven there are 28 points for SPECIAL stats, so you have 28 points to mess with, even though I looked it up and it said there were 40.

Sam, I'd like at least a little more detail, but I guess that can be a bare-minimum accepted form.
    @Awasfriend Close enough.
    Last edited by AWA1997; 05-14-2016 at 04:24 AM.

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by AWA1997 View Post
    Ok, apparently according to Sam and Steven there are 28 points for SPECIAL stats, so you have 28 points to mess with, even though I looked it up and it said there were 40.

Sam, I'd like at least a little more detail, but I guess that can be a bare-minimum accepted form.
    @Awasfriend Close enough.
    It depends on which version of Fallout you're going with. Everything prior to Fallout 4 had 40 points, I'm pretty sure. The reason why it's 28 in Fallout 4 is because you get a perk every level, which can be used to buy those extra SPECIAL points. There's also magazines, bobbleheads, and other stuff like that.

Since we're not really using perks or that other stuff, I'd say keep it at 40, because having only 28 means our characters are below average in most areas. In fact, if you distribute them evenly across the board, you only get a 4 "Fair" for everything.

Senior Administrator

Name: Martin Vickers
    Species: Pachirisu
    Appearance: Martin stands 6'1" and weighs about 165 pounds. He has a fair skin tone complexion with hair that starts white and fades to blue as it reaches his shoulders. He also has blue eyes and generally wears a relaxed and cheerful expression.

Martin mainly wears a white hoodie over a light blue t-shirt along with white and blue cargo pants and white sneakers. The large, oversized white and blue spiked Pachirisu tail starts from just above his rear and shoots upward a foot above his head before coiling back around again mid-way. Meanwhile, he also has two blue Pachirisu ears emerging from his head.

Moves: Thunderbolt, Grass Knot, Iron Tail, Protect

SPECIAL: (Going with 40)

STRENGTH: 4
    PERCEPTION: 8
    ENDURANCE: 4
    CHARISMA: 4
    INTELLIGENCE: 5
    AGILITY: 9
    LUCK: 6

Personality: Martin is a sassy and impatient person that quickly gets bored, and when that happens, he starts creating his own entertainment at the expense of others. Quite a few other vault dwellers consider him annoying and hasty, as he likes to rush through most things and usually doesn't wait up for anyone. As a result, some consider him somewhat impolite also.

In terms of weapons and combat, Martin prefers whatever is quick, easy, and effective. He generally wouldn't like lugging around oversized rocket launchers or miniguns. He also wouldn't care to be dragging a whole arsenal with him (not to mention he wouldn't be able to carry most of it). He'd rather have one or two favorite weapons that are tried and true than to have dozens. On that same note, Martin prefers attacking from a distance and generally avoids up close and personal fights. Things like pistols and sniper rifles would probably be his favorites, but he could also feel at home with throwing knives, grenades, or just using his own Pokémon attacks.

History: Martin was born to Natalya Vickers and John Vickers. Even as a child, Martin quickly rushed through chores and only did a hasty job. He also wasn't very good with his schoolwork, but in terms of physical exercises, he was great and often ran laps around his fellow peers.

Martin quickly got bored of life in the vault and always fantasized what life was like on the surface. He had heard many terrible things about it, but it didn't bother him. Just the idea of open air, real atmosphere, and more room to move around him was invigorating to him. He had seen pictures in books about what life was like before, and it almost seemed like something out of a fantasy. When it came time for the vault to be opened, Martin was one of the first to volunteer to head out into the open world.

Now that the vault has been opened, he eagerly awaits to see what the outside is like, regardless of the warnings of threats. To him, the surface could be as bad as Hell itself and he'd still be interested in getting out there and exploring.

Crush: N/A. Martin has had dates before, but his hastiness and impoliteness usually mean they don't last very long.

Other: Martin is a rogue-like character that specializes in things like lock-picking, sneaking, and sabotage. Because of his very high agility and perception, he is very quick about doing these kinds of tasks that most others would need time and concentration to accomplish. His many years of being bored in the vault opened up ideas to mess around with things, and lock-picking and sneaking around was no exception. He is also prone to striking fast and moving quickly, even with some tasks that require time (stealth, lock-picking, sniping).

He, however, doesn't have the endurance or the strength to take a whole lot of damage or use heavy weapons and armor. He doesn't even like these things as he feels they slow him down and just make someone slow and clunky. His rather impatient behavior also makes him less likable than most other gijinkas, hence the reduction in charisma. He even admits he doesn't like to lead simply because most others have trouble keeping up with him and they think he can be a bit rude.

Ok, then. I just honestly didn't know how many points there were since I don't play it enough to know that. I saw 40 somewhere then saw that the two people who actually had forms both showed 28, so... Yeah.

EDIT: Accepted, @Neo Emolga.

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Okay so I'll be making my form hopefully soon enough.
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

Ok, take your time. And do 40 SPECIAL points.
    @Steven_Six, @Awasfriend please add points to your SPECIALs so they add up to 40.

I've been itching to get back into RPing, so this is perfect! I need a bit of time to brainstorm, but I'll have something up soon c:
    Paired with my sweet sunshine, DVB

Quote Originally Posted by Eternity View Post
    I've been itching to get back into RPing, so this is perfect! I need a bit of time to brainstorm, but I'll have something up soon c:
    Take your time, no need to rush.

Hm, the thing i ran into showed that the SPECIAL stats for a level one scrublet is 21 points, with 1 in each normally.
    It was right here...
    AHA! http://www.levelbased.com/guides/fal.../tools/special

But then i read into the conversation.
    Last edited by Steven_Six; 05-16-2016 at 02:09 PM.
    "Be not the unremarkable tree of the forest, but the cherry blossom that stands alone."
    ~Myself?!?!
    "I go to sleep one night, then I wake up in the middle of all this..."
    --PMD Stalkers
    http://www.pokemoncrossroads.com/for...T-PMD-Stalkers

Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Steven_Six View Post
    Hm, the thing i ran into showed that the SPECIAL stats for a level one scrublet is 21 points, with 1 in each normally.
    It was right here...
    AHA! http://www.levelbased.com/guides/fal.../tools/special
    Again, that's Fallout 4, though. They expect you to get bobbleheads, magazines, and perks to raise those up throughout the course of the game. In the versions before, the SPECIAL scores didn't change all that much, but you started with 40 points.

If we go with Fallout 4, it will basically say most people are bad at just about everything and will stay bad unless this RP puts in perks, bobbleheads, and magazines in the kind of quantity that Fallout 4 does. Since we're just using it as a rough character building guide, I'm thinking it would be better to just go with 40 points rather than try to put all that other stuff in.