Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Reach for the Stars ~★ Chibi Altaria's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chakramaster View Post
    I tried Discord. Apparently it has a lot of bugs with picking up the microphone.
    Welp, there goes that idea!

Administrator

I mean there's ways to fix it, but it's annoying

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Okay...

Spoiler:

Made it to Asgore, and I've already croaked to him a whopping eight times. I was thinking in order to get the Pacifist ending...

A: Maybe you're supposed to die to him a lot, as the reaction he has progressively gets worse the more you try and talk him out of fighting + the number of times you've died to him. I picked up on that, but I don't know if it's of any coincidence. I'm not sure if you're actually supposed to keep dying to him and something out of that clues him in that you're essentially immortal, but that only triggers when you've died to him X number of times. I actually thought seven was the magic number because of "number of human souls" thing, but that doesn't seem to be the case.
    B: You're supposed to try and last as long as you can without fighting him and just keep spamming the Talk action. I just haven't been lasting long enough and despite stuffing the inventory with healing items to try and last as long as possible, I just need to get better at dodging the massive truckload of junk he launches at you (seriously, the swirling helix flame attack thing is an absolute pain to try and avoid and it does so much damage >.<)
    C: You're supposed to use a certain item during the battle and that gets him to stop.
    Or.
    D: There is absolutely no other choice but to fight him, as attempting options A and B will just keep going on forever and ever willy-nilly and "C" doesn't exist. There's a reason why he kills your Mercy command. You just have to grin and bear it. (Have not tried this yet for obvious reasons, don't want to drop the ball after coming all this way)

I'm honestly thinking it's option A, since I figure there's GOT to be a reason why it keeps tracking it like that.

I'm not expecting a full explanation at to what needs to be done, but maybe someone could drop a clue because I'm a little stuck with this one...

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Emolga View Post
    Okay...

Spoiler:

Made it to Asgore, and I've already croaked to him a whopping eight times. I was thinking in order to get the Pacifist ending...

A: Maybe you're supposed to die to him a lot, as the reaction he has progressively gets worse the more you try and talk him out of fighting + the number of times you've died to him. I picked up on that, but I don't know if it's of any coincidence. I'm not sure if you're actually supposed to keep dying to him and something out of that clues him in that you're essentially immortal, but that only triggers when you've died to him X number of times. I actually thought seven was the magic number because of "number of human souls" thing, but that doesn't seem to be the case.
    B: You're supposed to try and last as long as you can without fighting him and just keep spamming the Talk action. I just haven't been lasting long enough and despite stuffing the inventory with healing items to try and last as long as possible, I just need to get better at dodging the massive truckload of junk he launches at you (seriously, the swirling helix flame attack thing is an absolute pain to try and avoid and it does so much damage >.<)
    C: You're supposed to use a certain item during the battle and that gets him to stop.
    Or.
    D: There is absolutely no other choice but to fight him, as attempting options A and B will just keep going on forever and ever willy-nilly and "C" doesn't exist. There's a reason why he kills your Mercy command. You just have to grin and bear it. (Have not tried this yet for obvious reasons, don't want to drop the ball after coming all this way)

I'm honestly thinking it's option A, since I figure there's GOT to be a reason why it keeps tracking it like that.

I'm not expecting a full explanation at to what needs to be done, but maybe someone could drop a clue because I'm a little stuck with this one...
    Here's your hint. In this world it's kill or be killed.
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

5. This post has been liked by:

Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Vigilante Janobii View Post
    Here's your hint. In this world it's kill or be killed.
    That's rather meh... but thanks. :/

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

That's rather meh... but thanks. :/
    What? Too straight to the point?
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Vigilante Janobii View Post
    What? Too straight to the point?
    Spoiler:

More like I was hoping there was a way to keep the guy alive via mercy alternative. But I appreciate you telling me, because otherwise I was only going to burn even more hours trying to try go with A and B when they're just not possible.

Spoiler:

More like I was hoping there was a way to keep the guy alive via mercy alternative. But I appreciate you telling me, because otherwise I was only going to burn even more hours trying to try go with A and B when they're just not possible.
    Spoiler:
    You'll get what Noble says when you complete it. Are you going for true pacifist?

Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Papyrus View Post
    Spoiler:
    You'll get what Noble says when you complete it. Are you going for true pacifist?
    Spoiler:

I was, but I have a funny feeling I might have missed a step or did something wrong along the way, as I tried to do it without a walkthrough. Some of the dialog choices I picked might not have been the right thing to go with...

If that ends up being the case, I'll just go through the game again while making sure I cover all the bases after referring to a checklist.

Spoiler:

I was, but I have a funny feeling I might have missed a step or did something wrong along the way, as I tried to do it without a walkthrough. Some of the dialog choices I picked might not have been the right thing to go with...

If that ends up being the case, I'll just go through the game again while making sure I cover all the bases after referring to a checklist.
    Spoiler:
    That's probably the smarter idea anyway, if you follow a guide, they usually contain spoilers of some kind and that's not really the best thing to do on your first playthrough of a game. ESPECIALLY Undertale, which is best when played totally blind. If you are going for true pacifist, you'll know if you've got it after you go through Asgore.