Page 61 of 63 FirstFirst ... 11515960616263 LastLast
    RAE
    Trainer Palila Rae

Team: Dartrix (25/25) Staravia (15/25) Prinlup (25/25) Wingull (25/25) Oricorio 'Sensu' -shiny (0/15) Eevee -shiny (0/25)
    Partner Pokemon: Chatot
    Posts to hatch egg: Trash Burmy (20/20)
    Items: 1x Greatball, 6x (-1) Pokeballs, 4x Healballs, Water Stone, Pidgeotite, Journal, Sketchpad, Locked pokeball with Shinx (0/8), Locked pokeball with Zubat (0/9) Locked pokeball with Trash Burmy (0/?)

Palila raised an eyebrow when Sophie said she'd come back with help in 3 hours if they didn't make it. They were fugitives- having a rescue attempt in a cave involving any other members of the public, or any media attention, was not the smartest idea. She wondered who in Sinnoh would come to their aid anyway.

She shuffled along beside Amy and kept her footing in the dark quite well now. When she mentioned which pokemon to have out, Palila swallowed her urge to challenge authority. But then, Amy made a good point.
    "Oh! Can you see in the dark, Dartrix?" She asked her feathered friend, surprised.
    "Trriiii." It nodded. Of course! Even as a Rowlett it liked small dark places.

"Alright, fly out ahead and see what's up!"

The Dartrix flew out into the tunnel, coming over an area where the water was definitely moving. It gurgled over rocks and stones, looking to be about waist deep maximum, but with much more current.
    It swooped low over this water, eyes penetrating the darkness ahead. The water was draining out somewhere- it was sinking under a large rock overhang. It was mitch noisy, the water making a roar by now. In order to go any further with the river, Dartrix would have to take a dive to the bottom of the river and swim.
    It was not doing that.
    The air did seem fresher down at this end though.
    Dartrix flew back to the trainers and attempted to draw a crude map in the mud of the cave wall with a wingtip.

Meanwhile, Palila felt something wriggle in her bag!
    An egg was hatching!

Name: Kinnie Gutamen
    Pokémon: (6/6)
    | Hannig♂ | 18/18
    | Vilne♂ | 15/15
    | Fiona♀ | 15/15
    | Guinness♂ | 18/18
    | Beluga♀ | 15/15
    | Lonroch♀ | 14/14
    Items: x19, x1, x2, x1, x1
    Total Posts: 53

Kinnie considered what Sophie was saying, and found herself in agreement. She watched her shout to the two down below, and then seemed to consider her options before throwing across her bag and clearing the gap. She encouraged the others to follow, so Kinnie turned to Vilne and took out his poké ball, pointing it at him. His eyes locked with hers as he began to discorporate into red energy, then retracted into the ball.

Kinnie rolled her backpack off her shoulders, cradling a strap in one of her hands, before launching it across the opening. She had overestimated the amount of force needed as it flew past Sophie (narrowly missing her) and slid a number of metres away, banging into a small boulder. The girl frowned inwardly at herself but tried to cast it from her mind as she focused on the gap. The two down below had survived the fall, so even if she failed to calculate the leap correctly, she could be confident that she would at least walk away with her life...and hopefully her bones intact.

She backed up, not allowing herself enough time to overthink it, and charged toward the gap. She landed on the opposite side, feeling one of her ankles complain a little with discomfort. She shook it a few times and made it to her bag, affixing it to her back once more.

She looked to Sophie. "I'm not familiar with this mountain and its cave network. Is it extensive?"

I came in like a wrecking ball... [Desolate Divine]'s Avatar
    Senior Moderator

Name: Sophie Reed
    Team Status:

Wolverine (14/14) Emperor (16/16) Arc (15/15) *Unnamed* (5/5) Enigma (30/30) Eevee (25/25)

Partner:

Egg:

Basic Info Story Info
    Current Location: Route 204
    Time: 11am
    Day: 4
    Date: September 8th 2028
    Season: Early Spring
    Current Team: Sophie, Amy, Tony, Neith, Kinnie, Matthias, Palila, Drake, Marina, Cody

"I'm not too sure." I replied to Kinnie, "The map seems to list this as the only way to get to Floaroma Town via the walking trail, so I don't think it'd be too complicated.

"It isn't." chimed in Cody, "I grew up in Sinnoh, and at least in my world, which so far is pretty similar, it's only about an hour to get through the cave."

The sounds of wild Pokemon echoed through the caves, and as we walked, they began to reveal themselves.
    @Brettles
    A Wild Pokemon Appears!

Desolate Divine
    A Wild Pokemon Appears!

@Shruikan
    A Wild Pokemon Appears!

********************** @Suicune's Fire
    A Wild Pokemon Appears!

NOTE: After 5 days, the wild Pokemon not caught are fair game. First in best dressed.

************************************************** ************************************************ @Noblejanobii @Lychee

As you walk alongside the river, you can't help but notice some quiet thumps. Very soon after you notice, they stop. A few minutes later, you feel the ground rumble, as a Pokemon emerges from the water, shrieking in anger. The Pokemon seems territorial, and angry that you have broken into its home (even if it was just an accident). Water is thrown from the river, leaving you soaked, as the Pokemon stares you down, ready to attack...

A Wild Pokemon wants to Battle!

Note: This Pokemon cannot be captured.

************************************************** ************************************************

Trainer Name: Jacob Reed

Pokemon In Party: (6/6)!
    Team Status:
    Team

(Gwaine. X/X)(Pyro. X/X)(Skipper. X/X)(Shruikan. X/X)(Stryker. X/X)(Magnitude. X/X)

It was late morning by the time I arrived in Jubilife City. I had been traveling at a quick walk. Fast enough to cover ground, but not too quick that I am not able to properly pay attention to what's around me. Especially seeing as that version of Brettles is probably tailing me. Gwaine had put a fair bit of space between us, but even then, I wasn't going to dawdle.

However, the thing that surprised me most was the fact that it seemed like somebody was waiting for me in Jubilife. As I walked through the city gates, I was approached by a man in a suit, who looked like some sort of government official.

"Are you Jacob Reed?" the man asked.

"Who wants to know?" I asked, surprised that someone here knew my name. Could he have met Sophie?

"My employer wishes to meet with you." The man replied, seeming unsure of me. I looked as his eyes wavered between making contact with me own, and looking at the sword on my back.

"And why would I want to meet with your employer?"

"He told me you would after I said "Hey d****ebag" for him." The man said, before gesturing to a nearby billboard. I looked over, and saw it was an advertisement for a new smartwatch, however was surprised when I saw the company.

Dash Corp.

"So feel like coming with me now?" The man asked.

"Not particularly, but I guess I should." I replied.

The man lead me to a nearby skyscraper, before taking me to a private lift, up to the top floor. After going through multiple security checkpoints, all of which were apprehensive about the sword but for some stupid reason, let me keep it, I found myself in what looked like a cross between a science fiction villains lab, and a mechanics workshop. However one of the walls had been blown apart.

"Well well well. If it isn't my favorite d****ebag..." came a voice from behind me. I groaned as I turned to face Dash. He looked more cocky than ever.

"What the f*** did I do to deserve this Arceus..." I muttered out loud as Dash walked past.

"Trust me, I am doing you a favor, and it's only because you have brought me something I want." Dash explained, "After the night I had, I am not in the mood for giving favors..."

"That arm cannon of his is really something." I explained, gesturing to the hole in the wall. Dash looked at me shocked.

"You've seen his as well?" Dash asked, "Brettles?"

"That's a Brettles, but not Brettles." I replied, "Did you ever see that superhero movie that came out like fifteen years ago? Captain Unova: The Winter Warrior? Did it even come out in this world?"

"I think so." Dash replied.

"In that, he is fighting this mysterious dude called the Winter Warrior, and at the end realizes it's his friend Lucky, who apparently died years ago. But he has been brainwashed, and isn't Lucky anymore." I explained, "This isn't the Brettles we know, but another. Winter Brettles or something, and he has an axe to grind with me."

"Not just you." Dash explained, "From what I gather he went after your daughter."

"You know Sophie?" I asked, "The only reason I am here is to find her and bring her home."

"I do, but things aren't good..." Dash explained, before shifting his attention elsewhere, "Download, get the news footage from this morning up."

The monitor nearby lit up with a news flash from this morning.

"World-renowned Professor, James Rowan has been arrested on fraud, conspiracy, weapons and terrorism charges.

In the early hours of this morning, eight people were found dead on Route 203, most of them burnt beyond recognition, however one recognizable as a child, and the other seven, identified as Team Galactic, based on evidence found in the abandoned vehicle nearby which had still been running. It is believed that this is a vigilante attack, and whilst it is not believed Professor Rowan himself lead the attack, the search of his laboratory resulted in the discovery of experimental weapons technology, and falsified identification papers, given to the trainers believed to have attacked Team Galactic at Lake Verity, back on the 6th of September.

Additionally, Sinnoh Police have issued warrants for the arrest of the following trainers, on suspicion of terrorism and the attack on Route 203 resulting in eight deaths. Anybody who sees these trainers is warned to not approach them, but instead to call Sinnoh Police immediately."

Nathan Whitaker
    Tony Bell
    Amy Slater
    Sophie Collins
    Kindrea Foster
    Matthias Young
    Neith Christian
    Marina Gardiner
    Lawrence Cameron
    Palila Blackwell.

"Someone has framed them and Rowan." Dash explained, "I hacked Professor Rowan's system years ago. The old fart might know a lot about Pokemon, but his system is more antiquated than he is. I hacked it so I could monitor his monitoring equipment, which is how I found Sophie and how I found you. And I can tell you, Professor Rowan could not make a weapon like that in his wildest dreams."

"So who would it be then?" I asked, shocked at the thought of Sophie on the run.

"At a guess, Team Galactic." Dash explained, "DL, put on the footage from yesterday."

Appearing on the monitor was the footage the professor showed me.

"This footage aired on the news yesterday, but here is the thing. Legally speaking it shouldn't have." Dash explained, "The police needed to sign off on it, and they can only do that if the news company provide written consent from those shown. But I hacked into their database and they didn't get that. But the police still signed off on it anyway."

"I think that Team Galactic have people in the Sinnoh Police Department, and by doing this, they have made them famous and recognizable, so they are easier to find and catch." Dash explained, "Lucky for them, this intrigued me. I was looking through the database for more information last night and saw the news about them being wanted a few minutes before it aired, and was able to warn them. The police haven't found them, so they must have skipped town fairly quickly."

"The Professor said he is meeting them in Celestic Town, but if he has been arrested, I doubt they will stay there long enough for me to catch up." I muttered irritably, "Wait, they communicated with you? How?"

"I gave them the new Poketch, which I added a feature to that can detect wormholes." Dash explained, "I am able to call them via that."

"What about tracking them?" I asked, "Surely if it's a special model, you have it low-jacked or something?"

"I did..."

"They removed the trackers?" I asked.

"No not that." Dash explained, "You gotta remember, I am a businessman and gotta protect my products. If I use some sort of login based tracking, it means that it can be hacked, and if I have prototypes out there, my competitors finding them and getting their hands on them is bad business. So anything of value can only be tracked by one device. In the case of these prototypes, that device was a tablet that was stored in that safe."

Dash gestured to a nearby safe that had been blown open by what I could guess was Winter Brettles cannon arm.

"So you mean to tell me, a psychopath with a weapon of mass destruction is out to kill my daughter, and now has means to track her when you can't?" I asked, as my fists clenched. This was not good, "Can you still call her?"

"I tried, not long before you got here. They are out of range, which makes me think they're in a cave." Dash explained, "Either Ravaged Path to the north, or possibly Mt. Coronet to the East."

"How long are they gonna be in there?" I asked angrily.

"It could be a few hours, it may be days. It's hard to say. There is something else." Dash explained, "Whilst I can't track the watches by conventional means, the tablet can be. DL?"

On the screen appeared a map, showing where we were and another location, Hearthome City.

"That's where he is." Dash explained, before pointing to a lake on the Eastern side of Sinnoh, "And that's where Sophie and the others are heading."

Dash pressed a button on his wrist computer, causing a file with a picture of Sophie and one of a somewhat older, redheaded (not strawberry-blonde) girl on the monitor next door.

"These are their trainer cards, which I told them to destroy. Sophie's has checked in at Jubilife, then Orebourgh, however the attack on them happened after this, on Route 203, seemingly heading back to Jubilife. Amy checked in at Jubilife, but Sophie didn't. It could be that they were trying to not draw attention to themselves, and only had a few people check in, or they may have split up, but I doubt they have." Dash explained, "Basically, I can't say if they went North or East. It is equally likely that they went one way or the other."

"I only see one option then, and I think you see it as well." I muttered.

If Winter Brettles were going after Sophie and her team, and there is a 50/50 chance she has gone north or east, the safest option is to go after and take down Winter Brettles. If they have gone East, he will find them quickly, and this time they may not be lucky enough to get away like they did. If they have gone north, then I take down Winter Brettles, take the tablet and find them. Otherwise, if I head north and they have gone east, they are as good as dead.

"You're going after him?" Dash asked.

"If I go north and they have gone East, they are as good as dead." I explained, "My best option is to take him down first, and try and find Sophie after. Which means I need to go now."

"Wait." Dash said, before gesturing to the sword, "Give me that."

"Why?" I asked.

"Because that isn't going to do anything against him." Dash replied, "Besides, it has something of mine."

I pulled the blade off my back before handing it to him. Dash took the blade, before picking at the hilt. As he did this I remembered the last time I saw him. The film he gave me that was able to make my sword kill Deoxys.

"I developed this back home using Cipher's technology, but haven't been able to replicate it here." Dash explained, "What it does is sends an electrical frequency through an object and breaks it down to an atomic level. I wasn't expecting to ever see it again."

"So you just wanted your tech back?" I asked irritably.

"This is going to help you." Dash explained, "Since then I have managed to develop something to rebuild something."

Dash took the sword and placed it in a large chamber, before pressing a button, causing a red laser light to scan the sword, as an image of it appeared on the screen, whilst placing the film on a pad to be scanned. Once it was done, Dash unplugged and passed me something that looked similar to a vambrace. On the front was a small button and a light, underneath a touch screen display.

"What's this?" I asked, slipping it onto my wrist. It fit snug, but felt too light.

"It is what is going to help you beat Winter Brettles." Dash explained, "This will allow you to break your sword down into individual atoms, and store them inside it, then reform it back as a sword, or possibly as something else if you design it properly. You know, stop you from getting charged on weapon offenses."

"How does it work? That seems like it would take a lot of power, and this seems to light to have a good battery in it." I commented.

"You're the battery."

"Wait, what?"

Dash grinned.

"You never asked how I knew you and Sophie arrived in this world." Dash explained.

"I have a bit going on, but humor me. How did you find us?"

"Arceus intervened when we died, and that had lasting effects." Dash said, before pressing a button. The monitor changed to security camera footage, appearing to be live, of the pair of us, however it seemed to show a white aura swirling inside of the pair of us.

"Part of Arceus now lives in us. My guess is all the others that Arceus did this to have the same thing." Dash explained, before pressing another button, showing security footage of Sophie and the others, through the same camera. The others appeared normal, but Sophie had a similar aura to Dash and myself, but somewhat smaller.

"And because she is your daughter, Sophie has a small part of that as well." Dash explained, "And that part is what is going to power the device."

Dash placed his hand on the vambrace, as it lit up, coming to life.

"Basically, once you learn how to harness this energy, you can use it to trigger the atomic breakdown." Dash explained, before pressing a button. The screen changed to look like an ECG, and began to vibrate in time with the beats, which were at a perfect 4/4 rhythm.

"This is a training application." Dash said, "It helped me learn how to trigger it. Just imagine a light in your chest, rushing out your veins to your fingertips. It will take me another hour to get things ready, so you have time to practice."

"And you think this will help me stop Winter Brettles?" I asked.

"It will give you a bit more of an edge and the element of surprise." Dash explained, "I think you could get creative with it."

"Fair enough." I explained, "Keep me posted if you can get in touch with Sophie, and let me know as soon as I am ready to go."

I found somewhere to sit down, and began playing with the practice app.

4. This post has been liked by:

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Hunter (18/18)
    [Croconaw, Male]
    Cordelia (14/14)
    [Staravia, Female]
    Freya (22/22)
    [Snorunt, Female]
    Terry (18/18)
    [Prinplup, Male]
    Apollo (22/22)
    [Spritzee, Male]
    Martini (14/14)
    [Quilava, Female]
    Temporary Partner: King Leer the Shiny Budew
    Items: x4 Pokeballs, x1 Greatball, Fresh Water

Amy waited patiently as Palila sent her Dartrix off. The bird quickly returned and began to draw in the mud. Amy made sure to keep her light focused on it so she could commit it to memory as best she could once Dartrix was finished. "Okay it seems like there's an exit that way. Maybe... a waterfall? Oh boy that's semi-dangerous. But it looks like it's the only exit." Amy nodded and said, "Thanks Dartrix." She looked back at the map again when the water started to lap higher than before, reaching the base of the wall and splashing up, washing away some of the map. Amy frowned only to feel the whole place start to rumble.

A red Gyarados burst from the water and seemed very angry that the two girls had encroached on its territory. "OH F-" Amy slammed up against the wall as the waves and water went wild from the Gyarados' emergence. She sputtered and coughed as she saw Hunter and Terry take on defensive positions. Amy looked at Palila quickly. "Are you okay?" she asked before looking back at the Gyarados. "I don't think we can outrun it. Do you?"
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

RAE
    Trainer Palila Rae

Team: Dartrix (0/25) Staravia (0/25) Prinlup (0/25) Wingull (25/25) Oricorio 'Sensu' -shiny (0/15) Eevee -shiny (0/25)
    Items: 1x Greatball, 5x Pokeballs, 4x Healballs, Water Stone, Pidgeotite, Journal, Sketchpad, Locked pokeball with Shinx (0/8), Locked pokeball with Zubat (0/9) Locked pokeball with Trash Girl Burmy (0/10)

Palila had been hurriedly pressing a pokeball to the rapidly hatching egg in her backpack, having decided now was not a good time for a baby pokemon to enter the world. The Pokeball locked, predictably. She tossed the full ball back into the bottom of her backpack, looking up just as a wave washed away the details of the picture Dartrix had drawn.
    In half a second, another huge wave crashed up out of the water, and washed over the girls..
    Palila felt her body go relaxed and fluid, and she dropped to the ground, holding onto the rocks to stay in place. Sometimes while surfing in Alola, the best thing to do was to go underneath a wave, rather than ride over it. Unfortunately, while she didn't get tossed against the cave wall, she did get completely drenched. As she stood back up her clothes sagged, heavy with water.
    "I'm chill." She answered Amy, partially literal. Cold weather was so awful! This puffy jacket was going to take forever to dry. Oh, and she was a decent amount closer to the glaring gyarados.
    "****! " As if to answer Amys question about running away or not, Palila scrambled backwards, slipped, then gave up and flung out an arm.

"Dartrix! Lets do this!"

Opponent: Shiny Gyarados
    Attacker: Dartrix
    Opponent's HP: 150
    Attacker's HP: 25
    Opponent's remaining points: 113
    Attacker's remaining HP: 0

As Dartrix was unceremoniously water-jetted into the ceiling, Palila whimpered a little.
    "Come on, Prinplup!"

Attacker: Prinplup
    Opponent's HP: 113
    Opponent's remaining points: 97

Whew, this Gyarados was reallly mad. It thrashed around the cavern, smashing the Prinplup into the wall.
    By this time, Palila had gotten back up onto her feet and tossed another ball, despite it probably not being a good idea.
    "Staravia! Help!"

Attacker: Staravia
    Opponent's HP: 97
    Attacker's HP: 15
    Opponent's remaining points: 89

As Staravia cried and was swatted out of the sky, Palila cowered on the rocks. Her eyes flicked towards downstream, and she gripped her final pokemon. This felt way too much like yesterday- and yesterday was horrible. No matter how strong her pokemon were, it was again time to flee or be killed.
    She kicked up from the rocks and scrambled downstream, shouting over the din.
    "Distract him! Run for downstream!" A slip of the tongue- she didn't know the gyarados's gender. The panic was just melting both of the scenes into one.

Name: Matthias Grand (Jean-Eric Nombre)
    Trainer Card: Matthias Grand Trainer Card
    Team Status:

Instinct (16/16) _ Kid (14/14) _ Sniper (15/15) _ Brighteyes (15/15) _ Trapeze (11/11) _ Static (8/8)
    Items: Pokeballs (11- 1 = 10), Premier ball (1), Revive (1), Dawn stone (1)
    Current Location: Horrible scary cave!
    "Oww!" Matthias hit he ground with a thump. His hands were scraped and this whole "climb over the cliff face to avoid going in the caves" idea was not working out.

Matthias did not like caves! He had spent his life avoiding places like this. The Journey through Mount Moon back home was one of many reasons he had not chosen to take the Gym challenge.

It seemed there was no other way. The others were probably through by now and wondering where he was.

Matthias entered and made it 5 steps in before running back out into the open air.

"Nope! Not gonna happen! Not going in!" Matthias tried to keep walking away but found his Pokemon pushing him back toward the cave.

"Wartortle!" "Monferno!" The Pokemon would not let him run.

"But it's too dark..." Started Matthias.

"Shinx!" said Static as the end of her tail stated to shine like a light-bulb.

"Well then it's too cold..."

"Monferno!" said kid holding a warm ball of flame in his hand.

"OK fine! I'll do it, but I'm gonna cuss the whole time!" Matthias stomped into the cave and followed the path. He stayed exactly in the middle of teh signed path and did not deviate even an inch from the suggested route. He was in no mood to for 'adventure' in this natural deathtrap!

The cave was full of spooky sounds, but the worst was the sound a giant ferocious pokemon Roaring out its "GYARADOS!". Whereever that came from, he hoped everyone was safe from such a fierce sounding beast.

Something jumped onto the path threatening not to let Matthias through. But he refused to move around, who knows what would happen if you left the safe path. He just through a Pokeball at the vague scary looking shape and was happy to hear the ball beep successfully. He had captured a pokemon in a cave system. He was becoming brave!

Pokémon using: None
    Pokémon trying to catch: shiny Wurmple
    Point Requirement: 5
    Item Being Used/Quantity: 1x Pokeball
    Points On Hand: 25
    Points After: 20

Matthias kept going through the cave hoping that this ordeal would be over soon!
    Last edited by Brettles; 07-04-2019 at 09:08 AM.

"I was stupid... So stupid"
    Trainer Name: Neith Nimr
    Pokemon:

Fennel ♀ (6/6)

Escutcheon ♂ (18/18)

Nemesis ♀ (14/14)

Eevee ♂ (0/25)

Phalanx ♂ (0/5)

Wren ♂ (0/15)
    Partner Pokemon:

Binary (N/A)
    Egg: N/A
    Items:
    Spoiler:

Pokeball x1
    Voucher for a Free Limiter Berry

Current Game Points: 7 (+1)

Neith walked in silence again as they traveled through the cave, until suddenly the light up ahead vanished. Neith ran forward in alarm, noting that Sophie did the same.

The ground ahead was cracked, a chasm yawning where Rae and Amy had been moments before.

To Neith’s relief they seemed all right down there. Sophie spoke to them, and came up with a plan to find different paths and regroup as soon as possible.

Sophie was right. Regrouping outside the cave was the best bet. But that meant crossing the gaping hole that had been created.

Neith had never been the most athletic at the best of times, but after all the walking the past few days she was more tired than usual. There was no way she could make it across that.
    But no other choice had presented itself. And if she missed at least it wasn’t too far down? The though didn’t comfort her much.

She stuffed her pokeballs into her bag. At least her pokemon would get across if she didn’t.
    “Someone please catch this, laptops are kinda fragile.” Neith shouted across, before swinging back and throwing the bag in a high arc that just barely made it over the chasm.
    Neith gulped. She tried to reassure herself that that was just an off throw, not a sign of things to come.

Breathing deeply, Neith took a few steps back, then made a running leap, closing her eyes as she left the ground. As she landed she felt he foot slip and fell forwards flat on her face. But she was across!
    Neith pushed herself back upright and wiped some of the gravel and dirt off her face. “So, which way do we go now?”

I came in like a wrecking ball... [Desolate Divine]'s Avatar
    Senior Moderator

Name: Sophie Reed
    Team Status:

Wolverine (0/14) Emperor (1/16) Arc (15/15) *Unnamed* (0/5) Enigma (30/30) Eevee (0/25)

Partner:

Egg:

Basic Info Story Info
    Current Location: Route 204
    Time: 11am
    Day: 4
    Date: September 8th 2028
    Season: Early Spring
    Current Team: Sophie, Amy, Tony, Neith, Kinnie, Matthias, Palila, Drake, Marina, Cody

The rest of the group crossed the gap as I helped Neith get to her feet. The light from Matthias' Shinx and Monferno revealed wild Pokemon, however two of them stood out. A purple Wurmple that went for Matthias, which was caught almost instantly, and a light blue Psyduck that seemed to be going for Neith, who didn't seem to want to catch the Pokemon. Seizing the opportunity to catch a shiny Pokemon, I quickly pulled out a Pokeball…

Pokémon using: None
    Pokémon trying to catch: shiny Psyduck
    Point Requirement: 16
    Item Being Used/Quantity: 1x Pokeball
    Points On Hand: 115
    Points After: 99

As I caught the Pokemon, I turned to face the others.

“So if we can’t find a way to get them out from the outside, do you guys have any ideas?” I asked, “We are fugitives now so if we can avoid asking for help that would be ideal…”

************************************************** ****** @Noblejanobii @Lychee

The Gyarados recoils at the attacks from Palila’s Pokemon, now shifting its focus towards Amy who hadn’t posted much of a threat so far, unleashing a blood curdling screech, before launching a water gun attack...

RAE
    Trainer Palila Rae

Team: Dartrix (0/25) Staravia (0/25) Prinlup (0/25) Wingull (0/25) Oricorio 'Sensu' -shiny (0/15) Eevee -shiny (0/25)
    Items: 1x Greatball, 5x Pokeballs, 4x Healballs, Water Stone, Pidgeotite, Journal, Sketchpad, Locked pokeball with Shinx (0/8), Locked pokeball with Zubat (0/9) Locked pokeball with Trash Girl Burmy (0/10)

Palila felt the eyes of the giant red monster shift away from her and onto Amy. It opened its mouth.
    "Wingull!" She shouted, tossing her last pokemon out.

Attacker: Wingull
    Opponent's HP: 109 (whoops I started at 150 rather than 170, so I added 20 more points on now)
    Opponent's remaining points: 102

The wingull burst out of the pokeball, screaming out into the dark. It flew straight into Gyarados's blast, which was aimed at Amy, and thumped into the wall with a sickening crack. The rest of the water from the gun attack splashed uselessly around on the cave floor, making the waterlevel deeper again.
    "Wingull, return." Palila almost sobbed. That was it- that was her last pokemon.

By this point, the water was up to Palilas bellybutton (due to all the sudden watery attacks in a large space). She could feel the tug of the current pulling at her waterlogged shoes and the bottom of her jacket. It was lucky she didn't have any electronic devices on her person that would get ruined by water- or electrocute her.
    She buckled her knees, sinking into the water and feeling it tug at her shoulders too. She glanced across at Amy.
    Hunter the croconaw and Terry the staravia were still at her side- and still conscious.
    Amy will be fine. She told herself, baffled as to why the older girl hadn't made a move. She had a niggling feeling that she had forgotten some important detail (that is, that Amy was prone to anxiety attacks).

"I'm out!" She shouted, threw a hand sign up in the air, and let her feet slip from their grip on the bottom of the stream. With a cascade of water from the writhing of the gyarados, Palila was shoved out of the area illuminated by Amy's torch, and into the darkness.

Floating as shallowly as she could (in case of other pokemon sitting on the bottom, or even sharp stones poking up) Palila was pulled along by the current. Her ears filled with the sounds of the water- trying to dissect and understand it. Nothing but her and the water.
    No pokemon to help. No friends to help. No family to look out for. Just a need to survive.
    There was a large rushing noise- she braced herself for a slight drop.
    A splashing to her right- she stuck out an arm and bounced herself off a boulder which was in the stream.
    She felt the water level raise up and down rapidly, and tucked her legs in tighter, feeling the rush as she slipped over the top of some rapids.
    Bump! Ouch. She winced and tucked one knee up to her chest, feeling it throb.

In one way, it was freeing- not having to think about or consider anything except the current moment.
    As the sounds of water grew louder and louder, Palila put her arms up above her head, feeling for the lowering roof of the cave. It came down fairly quickly- one second her fingers were just brushing along the rocks overhead, the next, she had followed it down to head height. She dug in her fingertips and held her head there, fighting the current, feeling the rest of her body get sucked under the rock into the unknown.

"Tapu Fini protect me." She whispered.

Palila took a deep breath and let go.

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Hunter (0/18)
    [Croconaw, Male]
    Cordelia (0/14)
    [Staravia, Female]
    Freya (0/22)
    [Snorunt, Female]
    Terry (0/18)
    [Prinplup, Male]
    Apollo (0/22)
    [Spritzee, Male]
    Martini (0/14)
    [Quilava, Female]
    Temporary Partner: King Leer the Shiny Budew
    Items: x4 Pokeballs, x1 Greatball, Fresh Water

Amy watched in horror as Palila tried to battle back the Gyarados, only for it to turn on her when it deemed her a threat. Palila used her Wingull to shield Amy from the blow but then once her last pokemon was down and out, so was Palila. Amy froze up as Palila disappeared into the water. Okay so she was dead. Amy turned her eyes back on the Red Gyarados. But also so was she. Amy looked at her Prinplup and Croconaw. "Okay guys, give it everything you've got!"

Attacker: Snorunt
    Opponent's HP: 102
    Attacker's HP: 22
    Bonus: Snorunt: -17, Gyarados: -24
    Opponent's remaining points: 73

Attacker: Spritzee
    Opponent's HP: 73
    Attacker's HP: 22
    Bonus: Spritzee: -17
    Opponent's remaining points: 68

Attacker: Crocnaw
    Opponent's HP: 68
    Attacker's HP: 18
    Bonus: Croconaw: -7
    Opponent's remaining points: 57

Attacker: Prinplup
    Opponent's HP: 57
    Attacker's HP: 18
    Bonus: Prinplup: -7
    Opponent's remaining points: 46

Attacker: Staravia
    Opponent's HP: 46
    Attacker's HP: 14
    Bonus: Staravia: -7
    Opponent's remaining points: 39

Attacker: Quilava
    Opponent's HP: 39
    Attacker's HP: 14
    Bonus: Quilava: -9
    Opponent's remaining points: 34

Having no viable pokemon left to battle, Amy felt the eyes of the Gyarados turn back on her. Welp, she either died to this or died going down the waterfall. Maybe if she actually were from Johto she'd know how to handle this beast. But as she was not, she did not, so she'd take her chances with the waterfall. "It's been fun, but also it hasn't. Peace!" Amy leapt into the deeper part of the water. She felt the current immediately start to sweep her away from the Gyarados. She imagined it was rougher than usual, given the Gyarados, but she didn't go swimming in cave springs to know that for sure. Still, she didn't dare open her eyes in the water so she just had to hope she was going towards the waterfall.

Forming her body into a tight ball around her bag and clinging to her beanie, Amy felt herself bang up against several rocks. She assumed that meant she was getting closer to the waterfall. She was picking up speed, another indicator. Suddenly, she slammed into another rock with more force than those before, causing her to release her held breath and breach the surface of the water. Amy coughed and sputtered, taking deep breaths even though she was disoriented. Her vision was blocked by all the water dripping down her face, but she could make out light and there was no ignoring the roar of the waterfall. Taking another deep breath, Amy returned to her cocoon state and prayed to Xerneas for some invulnerability. Then she was in free fall as she went over the falls.
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire