Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
    "I was stupid... So stupid"
    Quote Originally Posted by Desolate Divine View Post
    This could be really good news or really bad news.

I am from Australia, and about half the people in this are as well. I am using Australian time. We are almost a day ahead. GCEA doesn't start in a day... It starts in 40 minutes... ;) Enjoy
    Oh yeah. Sorry, I was confused. I honestly thought it was still sunday. >_< I need more sleep...

growing strong Pokemon Trainer Sarah's Avatar
    Site Editor

Senior Administrator

@Bulbasaur I'm still meaning to sign up xD Let's do it!
    GCEA

3. This post has been liked by:

Red face

Is it too late to join?

Story Version: Pearl
    Name: Palila Rae
    Appearance: Palila has dark hair with bright streaks of colour- the streaks seem to change seasonally and her mother thinks its just a phase. She has a dark tan and muscly body, often doing chores outside, swimming, climbing trees, as well as trying to learn to skateboard to impress the other kids. She wears athletic clothing, and is usually styled somewhere between a 90's skater style and bright raver punk.
    Height/Weight: 1.7m (fairly tall) 75kg (muscular heavy)
    Personality: Palila, while trying to fit in with punks and cool kids and sometimes faking the harshness and meanness, is mostly just a flexible individual. She has a very practical and problem-solving kind of mind, which can make her sometimes seem dismissive of other peoples emotions and problems. When it comes to family though, she will beat up anyone- she often takes responsibility for her brothers, looks out for them, and won't let anyone say a bad word about her mum.
    Personal Traits that describe your character: Flexible, Practical, Streetwise, Outdoorsy, Protective

Backstory:
    1. Family: Her mother, and two younger brothers whom she lives with. Her grandfather lives on a different island, but visits.
    2. Pokemon experience: Brawling with Pokemon for berries, trying to avoid poisonous pokemon while in the sea, learning to mantine surf and helping clear out pest nests of ekans or rattata near her house. Her mother owned a mantine herself, and a cloud of fletchling also hung around on the front lawn.
    3. Past experience that has defined your character: Palila had never formally owned a pokemon, and saw them as mostly wild creatures, to be dealt with or left alone in everyday life. While out surfing with her brothers one day, she encountered a tentacruel who stung all three of them. She had to tore the tendrils from her weeping siblings and grit her teeth as it stung her hands. They staggered home in pain. Afterwards, as her mother treated their stings, she chided Palila for letting her brothers get hurt. Palila realized that in order to look after those she loved, she might need a creature more powerful than herself. She decided she needed to become a pokemon trainer.
    4. Special Talents: A slight poison resistance?
    Special Pokemon: Fletchling
    Personal Goals: Become strong enough that no pokemon, or human, could threaten her or her family.
    Pet Peeves: People who use scooters (ew!) Goths (wtf!) People who don't care about their family (No respect!) Bitter foods (Blech! medicine!)
    Region: Alola
    Favorite Pokemon: Carvanha (Its so cool, working as a team, looking so formidable, and what a killer bite!)
    Favorite Type: Flying

What starter Pokemon: Piplup
    Drawing or Writing: Drawing OR Writing! Leaning towards drawing
    Contest Starter: ( For those of you who enter the writing submission you will be able to claim a starter from the region you picked)
    Side Notes: I've never joined this before, so please tell me if I'm doing things wrong!
    Last edited by Lychee; 02-20-2019 at 02:40 AM.

5. This post has been liked by:

I came in like a wrecking ball... [Desolate Divine]'s Avatar
    Senior Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Lychee View Post
    Is it too late to join?

Story Version: Pearl
    Name: Palila Rae
    Appearance: Palila has dark hair with bright streaks of colour- the streaks seem to change seasonally and her mother thinks its just a phase. She has a dark tan and muscly body, often doing chores outside, swimming, climbing trees, as well as trying to learn to skateboard to impress the other kids. She wears athletic clothing, and is usually styled somewhere between a 90's skater style and bright raver punk.
    Height/Weight: 1.7m (fairly tall) 75kg (muscular heavy)
    Personality: Palila, while trying to fit in with punks and cool kids and sometimes faking the harshness and meanness, is mostly just a flexible individual. She has a very practical and problem-solving kind of mind, which can make her sometimes seem dismissive of other peoples emotions and problems. When it comes to family though, she will beat up anyone- she often takes responsibility for her brothers, looks out for them, and won't let anyone say a bad word about her mum.
    Personal Traits that describe your character: Flexible, Practical, Streetwise, Outdoorsy, Protective

Backstory:
    1. Family: Her mother, and two younger brothers whom she lives with. Her grandfather lives on a different island, but visits.
    2. Pokemon experience: Brawling with Pokemon for berries, trying to avoid poisonous pokemon while in the sea, learning to mantine surf and helping clear out pest nests of ekans or rattata near her house. Her mother owned a mantine herself, and a cloud of fletchling also hung around on the front lawn.
    3. Past experience that has defined your character: Palila had never formally owned a pokemon, and saw them as mostly wild creatures, to be dealt with or left alone in everyday life. While out surfing with her brothers one day, she encountered a tentacruel who stung all three of them. She had to tore the tendrils from her weeping siblings and grit her teeth as it stung her hands. They staggered home in pain. Afterwards, as her mother treated their stings, she chided Palila for letting her brothers get hurt. Palila realized that in order to look after those she loved, she might need a creature more powerful than herself. She decided she needed to become a pokemon trainer.
    4. Special Talents: A slight poison resistance?
    Special Pokemon: Fletchling
    Personal Goals: Become strong enough that no pokemon, or human, could threaten her or her family.
    Pet Peeves: People who use scooters (ew!) Goths (wtf!) People who don't care about their family (No respect!) Bitter foods (Blech! medicine!)
    Region: Alola
    Favorite Pokemon: Carvanha (Its so cool, working as a team, looking so formidable, and what a killer bite!)
    Favorite Type: Flying

What starter Pokemon: Piplup
    Drawing or Writing: Drawing OR Writing! Leaning towards drawing
    Contest Starter: ( For those of you who enter the writing submission you will be able to claim a starter from the region you picked)
    Side Notes: I've never joined this before, so please tell me if I'm doing things wrong!
    Accepted! Looking forward to having you join us! If you have discord, add me on Desolate Divine#0902, so we can introduce Palila to the story.

Stay tuned as I will mention you and the others in a post I will make soon.

Also, feel free to still enter the introduction contest in order to claim a starter from Alola for your team. The link can be found here

Story Version: Platinum, right?
    Name: William Bungus
    Appearance: Short, light brown hair, narrow hazel eyes, nondescript glasses. Typical outfit consists of grey cargo pants, a white long-sleeved shirt, and a grey knit sweater.
    Height/Weight: about as tall and heavy as a Pidgeot. (4'11" / 87 lbs.)
    Personality:
    William treats everybody as equals and forgets that it can be rude to just approach someone very important. He's very friendly. Sometimes it's because he's enthusiastic and wants to meet someone, sometimes it's because he's been taught "it's just the right thing to do."
    William is sometimes extremely energetic and sometimes gets easily bored, but sometimes he can have incredible focus when he's investigating something he's interested in. Mostly, that's fungus.
    A self-described "weird kid," William doesn't really fit in with his peers and has spent a lot of time alone thinking about social skills, rather than practicing them. He is a philosopher that wants to get along with everybody.
    He sometimes experiences claustrophobia, and sometimes can be a crybaby.

Personal Traits that describe your character: Oblivious, Curious, Awkward, Friendly, Clingy, Weird.

Backstory:
    1. Family:
    William has an older brother, a Pokémon trainer that he used to look up to, but hasn't seen for years. His dad isn't around much and he doesn't get along well with his mom. She tells him that he isn't good enough and will never live up to his brother's accomplishments. William spends most of his time out of the house, mostly in the woods looking for mushrooms.
    2. Pokemon experience:
    William once found a wounded Paras in the woods and visited it daily to attend to it: covering it in forest floor debris and misting it lightly with a spray bottle. Eventually the life drained from its eyes and it evolved into a strong healthy Parasect.
    3. Past experience that has defined your character:
    Some Pokémon rangers came to his summer camp for some kind of drug-abuse education demonstration. When they brought out cool grass types to illustrate a point, all of William's focus went out the window and he could only watch the Amoongus throwing poison spores. He tried to collect them from the ground once the presentation was over. He made himself very sick and had to be taken home from the camp.
    4. Special Talents:
    William is good at building a camp site, finding a way through wilderness, and typing knots -- general Cubchoo Scout stuff.
    Special Pokemon: (I know it said the restriction was Kanto Pokémon but we're in Sinnoh, so...?) Parasect. It would be handy to have!
    Personal Goals:
    William wants to start his own mushroom farm and is interested in talking to people who have started their own business. He also has starry-eyed dreams of becoming a Pokémon Ranger, in the same way a child might imagine themselves as a skateboarding firefighter or a robot with swords for arms.
    Pet Peeves:* being ignored, people with big egos who are all talk and no action, thankless jobs.
    Region: Unova
    Favorite Pokemon: Amoongus
    Favorite Type: Grass

What starter Pokemon: Turtwig
    Drawing or Writing: probably drawing >__> writing maybe.
    Contest Starter: I'll still need to write it, but it'll be Tepig!
    Other notes: I'd like to start as having met the local Prof! But I'm ok with not having a gym badge at this point. It's a little thing but I guess it's not a big deal.

Senior Moderator

Hey Truly. Glad to see you signed up.

I am about to go to sleep, so is it cool if I check this out tomorrow? Cheers.

Senior Moderator

Hey Truly. We gotta talk introducing William into the story but he is approved!

I will get in touch with you when I have a moment.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Experienced Trainer 5TailedDemonLizard's Avatar
    Hey there all! Not sure how many people remember me. I used to lurk here a long time ago and was pretty active in the first GCeA story (or two...it's been so many years). I'm actually interested in hopping back in and it looks like signups are open? I can't write something up just yet (work is still holding me hostage), but I want to let you know I'm 100% interested! Save a spot for me, won't you?

Marina - GCeA Platinum
    ~~

Kinesis the Alakazam
    Level100: 320

11. This post has been liked by:

Quote Originally Posted by 5TailedDemonLizard View Post
    Hey there all! Not sure how many people remember me. I used to lurk here a long time ago and was pretty active in the first GCeA story (or two...it's been so many years). I'm actually interested in hopping back in and it looks like signups are open? I can't write something up just yet (work is still holding me hostage), but I want to let you know I'm 100% interested! Save a spot for me, won't you?
    I already decided first and foremost to see if youll tske back over meg in blue or i have another character in mind. Id really love for you to actually be there when we finish it.

Proud partner with @Pokemon Trainer Sarah

Spoiler:

Gible bite's Comic

GCEA Trainer Links based on title characters

....GCEA Diamond/Platnium/ Blizard Blue/Platnium 2/ Pokemon Prism.......

Experienced Trainer 5TailedDemonLizard's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rival Max View Post
    I already decided first and foremost to see if youll tske back over meg in blue or i have another character in mind. Id really love for you to actually be there when we finish it.
    If you're willing to catch me up with everything, I'd be willing to try and take her back over, but a new character would be fine too. Either way, I'd love to jump into Plat if there are open spots! Got a new character in mind and everything, just need to get out of work and sit down to type everything out!

Marina - GCeA Platinum
    ~~

Kinesis the Alakazam
    Level100: 320

14. This post has been liked by: