Page 31 of 41 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Scytherwolf View Post
    If this is the same person you were talking with me about before, just know that you're doing nothing wrong. If it's about more than one person, you're still not doing anything wrong. From what you've said, it sounds like you're doing everything right and you want to take back what you said and make it up to this person/people. That shows how much you care about them. It's not your fault that they won't talk to you even after that, and I still think there must be something else going on because it just doesn't make any sense to refuse to talk to someone who really wants to work things out and make it right. I don't know what's going on with this person or people, but I can't see why anyone would refuse to talk to someone just because they made a mistake (that they are sorry for). I don't know the situation, but it seems like there must be something else making them want to act this way, and they're putting the blame on you.

Just know that regardless of what they say or don't say to you, you're not a bad person. I know what it's like to miss someone like that, and if you want to talk to me again just message me. You'll get through this.
    its more than one person tbh? ever since i left college all my friends kinda just scooted away which is fair everyone is busy for the summer usually but my friend just got married and i was barred from that b/c one of the girls who went didnt like me and took my spot as maid of honor pretty much. well. more like inserted herself.

and im the only one out of my friends that graduated and its just super lonely. i unno. i miss everyone :') adulthood just kinda slapped me in the face and i dont like it

Lover of Centipedes Scytherwolf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by roo View Post
    its more than one person tbh? ever since i left college all my friends kinda just scooted away which is fair everyone is busy for the summer usually but my friend just got married and i was barred from that b/c one of the girls who went didnt like me and took my spot as maid of honor pretty much. well. more like inserted herself.

and im the only one out of my friends that graduated and its just super lonely. i unno. i miss everyone :') adulthood just kinda slapped me in the face and i dont like it
    Wow...that person does not sound much like a 'friend.' One person doesn't like you so they just agree to prevent you from going? That's messed up.

Oh, okay. Yeah, I think that's a pretty common thing a lot of people experience. I've been kind of worried about when I get older and my siblings/friends start getting married/having kids and moving on I guess. I'm not really sure what a solution is. I mean, my solution right now is basically just to draw/write and focus on things I love. But yeah, I definitely understand that.

Quote Originally Posted by Scytherwolf View Post
    Wow...that person does not sound much like a 'friend.' One person doesn't like you so they just agree to prevent you from going? That's messed up.

Oh, okay. Yeah, I think that's a pretty common thing a lot of people experience. I've been kind of worried about when I get older and my siblings/friends start getting married/having kids and moving on I guess. I'm not really sure what a solution is. I mean, my solution right now is basically just to draw/write and focus on things I love. But yeah, I definitely understand that.
    i've pretty much shut myself out from everyone and all i do is draw and sleep u_u i feel that

Lover of Centipedes Scytherwolf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by roo View Post
    i've pretty much shut myself out from everyone and all i do is draw and sleep u_u i feel that
    I think you shouldn't shut yourself away from everyone. Try to reach out to people when you can (people who don't treat you badly), and make new friends, even online. That's what I've been trying to do. ^^

I came in like a wrecking ball... [Desolate Divine]'s Avatar
    Senior Moderator

Another DnD whinge, but this time not about the DMs girlfriend. The DM himself.

Overall he is great, however he likes to argue and refuses to be wrong. Like today.

In today's session one of the characters was given a keg of beer to keep. In the facebook chat later, he asks if he could make it explode. I replied no, because there is not enough alcohol in beer, but possibly tequila or vodka. The DM replied that the keg is 124litres and too expensive to fill with Vodka.

I replied that whilst that is true, you don't need 124 liters. For an ideal burn, there is a ratio. For petrol it is 14.7 parts air, 1 part fuel. So technically speaking, for the best explosion, the keg being full of vodka would be detrimental. The little amount of air inside the sealed container would be consumed, and not create a big enough explosion to pierce the container, and let more air in to ignite the rest of the fuel. You need to allow a certain amount of air to create a big enough initial explosion. In the case of alcohol, the ratio is 9:1, and tequila is about 40% alcohol, so in a 124 liter container, 26 liters would create the most efficient burn. If this is more than what is needed to break the container, then a little more fuel can be added, as the container being broken will allow for more air but even then, you are better off with less than more.

The DM responds by saying I might know that, but my character doesn't. The world isn't advanced enough.

I explained that my character is an alchemist by trade and has been for 190 years, and that the concept isn't that difficult to understand, even in a medieval world.
    1. place a jar over a candle. The flame goes out, therefore fire needs air.
    2. Place some sort of fuel (tequila in this case) on a non flammable surface and ignite the fuel. After a little while it will stop burning. Therefore fire needs fuel.
    3. fill container 75% with fuel and seal it. Use lightning spell on it and leave it for a little while. It will burn until it consumes all the air. Open it and check if there is fuel remaining. Repeat with less and less fuel until there is no fuel remaining after burn.

None of this relies on technology that does not exist in the world of our campaign.

The DM then argues that they wouldn't be able to figure that out, and that it would probably end up with him being blown up (which under those circustances is highly improbable). He then says it may not work that way in game.

Basically he is that hell bent on not being wrong that he is being ignorant and making things up to have me not be right.

@Desolate Divine That does sound pretty annoying. I agree that your character would probably be able to figure that out, but it's likely that he's trying to find ways to prevent you from easily bypassing challenges he's set up by blowing them up. Which is kind of unreasonable because it's a creative method of dealing with a problem and really he's there to narrate or oversee the effects of actions your characters take, regardless of whether or not he's planned for them. So yeah, sounds like he's being resistant for fear of what it could mess up for him. xD Which sucks for you. Because being creative and being rewarded for it is the best feeling!

I came in like a wrecking ball... [Desolate Divine]'s Avatar
    Senior Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Suicune's Fire View Post
    @Desolate Divine That does sound pretty annoying. I agree that your character would probably be able to figure that out, but it's likely that he's trying to find ways to prevent you from easily bypassing challenges he's set up by blowing them up. Which is kind of unreasonable because it's a creative method of dealing with a problem and really he's there to narrate or oversee the effects of actions your characters take, regardless of whether or not he's planned for them. So yeah, sounds like he's being resistant for fear of what it could mess up for him. xD Which sucks for you. Because being creative and being rewarded for it is the best feeling!
    I'd agree with you but history says otherwise. He has let me create explosives in the past (using the alchemist thing as an excuse) and I literally have an item called the Holy Hand Grenade which is a reusable grenade. I have much easier ways of blowing things up than using a keg-bomb. It is more for saving face than anything. He doesn't like being wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Desolate Divine View Post
    I'd agree with you but history says otherwise. He has let me create explosives in the past (using the alchemist thing as an excuse) and I literally have an item called the Holy Hand Grenade which is a reusable grenade. I have much easier ways of blowing things up than using a keg-bomb. It is more for saving face than anything. He doesn't like being wrong.
    That's super weird! Especially since it seemed like he just didn't know, and you explained it to him. So like...he learned something. xD I don't know. That's really weird.

DM's girlfriend (who we're calling Karen XD) is at it again!

Yesterday we had a session, but the DM has been so caught up in her bullcrap that he was run down, barely slept, and then I found out that she was threatening self-harm if he ran the session. Emotional blackmail! Great! We can add that to the list of toxic traits this monster has. So my mate Ro went over to DM's house in the morning about an hour before the session was meant to start, in an attempt to pick him up and shake him off and just try to be moral support. I, meanwhile, was freaking fuming. I rarely get properly angry, and when I do, I really feel it. I felt like I was gonna become the freaking hulk. I was SO ANGRY! How do people treat other people like that?? DM is the most lovely, wonderful person who gives her so much, and all she does is take. Then, you know, threat to hurt herself as a means of controlling him.

He had to cut the session off early (which he told us before he ran it), which I feel like was part of a bargain of some kind with Karen. "Okay, fine, you can spend time with people who aren't me IF you abide by my terms." Goddamn piece of work. I can see how she's tearing him apart, yet he can't just walk away for some reason. I'm so angry at her. If you couldn't tell. xD

On the plus side, it was still a great session, and he did an exceptional job running on less than an hour of sleep. But bloody hell, he shouldn't HAVE to run on that little sleep because of her. It's so, so wrong and I wish there was more I could do. I know it's up to him, though.

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Suicune's Fire View Post
    DM's girlfriend (who we're calling Karen XD) is at it again!

Yesterday we had a session, but the DM has been so caught up in her bullcrap that he was run down, barely slept, and then I found out that she was threatening self-harm if he ran the session. Emotional blackmail! Great! We can add that to the list of toxic traits this monster has. So my mate Ro went over to DM's house in the morning about an hour before the session was meant to start, in an attempt to pick him up and shake him off and just try to be moral support. I, meanwhile, was freaking fuming. I rarely get properly angry, and when I do, I really feel it. I felt like I was gonna become the freaking hulk. I was SO ANGRY! How do people treat other people like that?? DM is the most lovely, wonderful person who gives her so much, and all she does is take. Then, you know, threat to hurt herself as a means of controlling him.

He had to cut the session off early (which he told us before he ran it), which I feel like was part of a bargain of some kind with Karen. "Okay, fine, you can spend time with people who aren't me IF you abide by my terms." Goddamn piece of work. I can see how she's tearing him apart, yet he can't just walk away for some reason. I'm so angry at her. If you couldn't tell. xD

On the plus side, it was still a great session, and he did an exceptional job running on less than an hour of sleep. But bloody hell, he shouldn't HAVE to run on that little sleep because of her. It's so, so wrong and I wish there was more I could do. I know it's up to him, though.
    Good lord he should post about her on reddit. Yeah there's not really much you can do except maybe have you or Ro sit him down and explain that this is toxic. Other than that, like you said, it's really up to him.
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire