Page 10 of 51 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Morzone View Post
    Looks like that statue got fixed up nicely. I think I'll head over and visit Kannari's home and receive our reward. If there's time while I'm in the area, I think I'll take a quick search around Kannari's workshhop (15a)
    You head straight to Kannari's workshop, which is attached to the back of her house. Lillian had explained that the blacksmith said she was more than happy to drop off the reward promised to you by Shilamora, and when you arrive, you catch the rhydon right as she looks like she's about to leave.

"Righto! It's another one of youse!" she exclaims, a look of excitement mixed with hurry plastered onto her face. "Ya caught me just as I was about to leave. Should be at the shop by now, but brekky ran a little late. Ah, well!" She raises an arm and points into her workshop. "Got ya reward right inside on the bench, mate. You guys seem like an alright bunch--don't steal anything and you'll be right!" She gives a chuckle then pats a hefty hand on your shoulder a few times, slinging a massive bag of jangling goods over her shoulder as she drops down the steps and head off in the direction of the bazaar. "Catch ya!"

You watch her go, slightly curious as to why she seems so trusting with her workshop, but shrug and head inside anyway. You spot Shila's reward on the bench straight away and head over to it. It seems to be a sack of some kind, and upon looking inside, you see that there's a smaller pouch in there as well as a small stack of books. Curious, you pull out the top book and take a quick look inside. It seems to be a guide of some kind with detailed instructions on how to achieve the effects of something called a "trait."

TRAITS HAVE BEEN UNLOCKED!

Spoiler:
    NIMBLE
    Deft movements are second nature to you. You are able to leap out of the way of traps.

Effect:
    25% chance to dodge traps entirely.

CHARMING
    Your friendly and easy-going energy calms most who surround you. You are considered welcoming, genial, and trustworthy, which helps you make friends and allies easier than most.

Effect:
    +1 to all rapport scores.

STEALTHY
    Few are better at hiding and sneaking around than you. Your expertise in keeping hidden helps you to slip undetected past certain scenarios.

Effect:
    +25% to every Stealth roll.

LUCKY
    Good fortune just seems to be on your side! You've got a lucky streak that helps you reach a more positive outcome when faced with a challenge.

Effect:
    Whenever you fail a % roll for something, it gets rerolled once. The most favourable outcome is chosen.

RESOURCEFUL
    Scouting a useful item or material is your forte. Your keen eye combined with your honed ability for seeking out valuables makes you more successful when it comes to scavenging.

Effect:
    You will always find at least 6 Common materials while Scavenging. +25% to find Rare items and +15% to find Very Rares.

The last book in the pile gives you comprehensive details on battling. It comes with an attached note from Shilamora letting you know that challenging the locals to battles is entirely acceptable, and may even help some of them alleviate stress in such a terrifying time.

BATTLING IS NOW UNLOCKED!

Spoiler:
    BATTLE (ANY CYCLE) - 1 Action
    Sometimes a pokémon just wants to battle! And this may include you, in your new pokémon form. Using one action, you may challenge one civilian on the Suspect List to have a one-on-one friendly battle with. If you win the battle, you will be rewarded with a monetary prize, or a useful item. Battles can be used as an alternative to interviewing, and you may glean useful information from civilians you defeat. If you lose a battle, you will not get a reward, but you will not lose items or $Splinters$ either, unless you choose to wager. Your Health will be restored to its state before the battle regardless of the outcome.

Wager: You can also wager $Splinters$, which will give you an extra reward. Whatever you offer up will be doubled if you win, in addition to what you would have earned without wagering. For instance, if you offered $25 SP$ and you win, you will get back $50 SP$ in addition to whatever the civilian was originally going to give you for winning. However, if you wager $Splinters$ and lose, you will have to pay the victor what you wagered. You cannot wager $SP$ that you do not have in your own personal inventory.

Keep in mind that certain civilians might be stronger than others. It is possible that you might assume a civilian is of standard strength, but has concealed equipment or has trained extensively to be stronger than you expect. Civilians will always be welcoming of friendly battles, although some may enjoy it more than others, and some may not want to fight again after the first battle.

Battles are a good way to test out new equipment, get information in an alternative way to interviewing, win $Splinters$ or other items, or simply to try your hand at battling.

How to use:
    If you're itching for a battle, simply state, "I would like to Battle 13. Conrad the Venomoth." If you would like to wager, specify the $SP$ you wish to offer. If you are looking for specific information, ensure you also mention it.

Finally, when you open the pouch, you find that it's filled to the brim with silver splinters. It also has an attached note saying that it is to shared by all the Stalker investigators, and thanks everyone for their hard work. You figure that you better keep it with the Team Inventory for now.

Added $350 SP$ to the Team Inventory.

It's only after reading through all the provided material and counting the splinters that you get around to actually searching the workshop. You feel a sense of great accomplishment as you set down the reward, leaving it there as you begin to search around...except the pouch of splinters, of course. You keep that with you for safekeeping.

The workshop, though containing some incredible weapons and equipment, does not yield anything related to the Stalkers or the Sin Purge Ritual. At least, not inside.

You leave the workshop and begin to scour the surroundings. The house and workshop are pushed up against a rising mountainside, and as you're looking along the base somewhere between the nearby Keep and the workshop, you come across a strange-looking stone figure wedged in a rocky alcove, with a little bit of room either side of it, in the mountain's slowly angling wall. You near it and finally recognise it as a togepi, although it looks like its face has had multiple sharp objects dragged across it and is now an unrecognisable scribble. In the centre of the face is a vertical shape that is almost diamond-like, but thinner, as if it fits a blade. You also see three glowing red holes, one a bit smaller than the other two. You reach out a paw and touch them, but retract it quickly as you realise that it burns to touch. The holes seem to hiss as they glow, and you wonder if perhaps this statue is designed to have sharp objects jabbed into the holes. The concept doesn't make sense to you, but if this is a Stalker-related site, it doesn't have to make sense.

You notice upon taking a closer look that in order for one of the openings to have something protruding from it, part of the mountain's rocky wall will get in the way. You first attempt to rotate the togepi statue, but it seems stuck fast. You're also worried of jeopardising whatever mechanism it could trigger, so you instead target the rock beside it and focus, then punch out with an open palm. The rock bursts and falls away, and you're satisfied with the room you've created.

{Hole-Ridden Togepi Statue: Glowing Puncture x3, Dagger Slot x1, +Fighting-type+} was noted in the Team Records.

This seems to be the only thing you can find in this location, so you leave it for now, figuring you should come back when you have the appropriate objects to complete whatever strange puzzle this seems to be.

You collect the remainder of the rewards back at the workshop, then begin your trek back to the clubhouse.

Adrian Aylian the Lucario (M: Fighting/Steel)
    Health: 5/10 | Sanity: 8/8 | Purity: 10/10
    Battle Stance: Fight
    Perk: Diplomacy

I’ll use Medicine to heal 4 purity to myself, and 4 health to Lillian the Lopunny.

Do NOT eat the banana cake arnisd's Avatar
    Granpa used to say you can find a lot of treasures in the basement yar har! (1a) Basement (War room, general storage)

Quote Originally Posted by Truly View Post
    I'll do all this on the way to Talk to Harmony. ((IF I can't do all these things & talk to Harmony, THEN I will forgo that double-checking stuff and just go straight there.))

"Hi, I'm I just washed in from the other side of the valley... I'm looking for a place to stay -- you know, everybody else is happy with the Longstay, but I prefer something a little more secluded -- I was told you were the right Pokemon to talk to. Do you have any vacancies? What's rent like? What can you tell me about the other tenants?

...Anybody down here I should avoid?"
    Interview Rapport: POSITIVE
    +1 Shared type

It's relatively easy to find Harmony, who is cruising around the Drowned Marketplace. You find her at a particular stall selling trinkets and jewellery, and as you approach, you can see her twirling around, a sparkling bracelet dangling from one of her curled ears trailing behind her through the water. She comes to a stop, and you see that the other ear is half missing.

Partway into her conversation, you trickle up to her and try to wedge your way into the conversation. "Hi, I just washed in from the other side of the valley," you begin, and she immediately gives you a wide, soft smile. Kind eyes watch you intently as you capture her attention in its entirety. "I'm looking for a place to stay -- you know, everybody else is happy with the Longstay, but I prefer something a little more secluded -- I was told you were the right Pokemon to talk to."

Her eyes light up and she gives a few nods. "I certainly am! Harmony, at your service." She dips her neck in a bow, the continues, "I own Harmony's Hideaway. It's entirely underwater and designed to cater to those who prefer to dwell amongst the waves."

"Do you have any vacancies? What's rent like? What can you tell me about the other tenants?" you ask, trying to seem like a regular resident.

"Yes, indeed! There is always room for new tenants at Harmony's Hideaway," she assures you. "I'm afraid most of that information is confidential, or at least unavailable until we can schedule in a day to make an appointment and go over the basics, but..." She looks from side-to-side in a somewhat playful manner, then leans in a little. "...The rent is better than Longstay Ranch!" She gives you a cheeky chuckle, then places a fin behind you to politely usher you away from some of the crowds. You watch her signal to the shopkeeper that the ear bracelet belongs to, before stopping with you where you figure you won't be within earshot of other passersby.

"It is unprofessional of me to say, but...I have noticed unsavoury characters visit Sansheel's apartment. Safety of our tenants is extremely important to us, and I assure you that Sansheel has never caused another resident any harm, but it might perhaps be good to avoid him. There are, however, many extremely incredible individuals who reside there, such as our very own theatre performer, Dimfred, and my dear friend, Jhuruni. Both are extremely talented in their fields."

"Finally, I should mention that if any issues or disputes between residents were to arise, I have a talent for diffusing conflict. So, please know that you will be safe and protected by me and my company for the duration of your stay."

Harmony the Lapras has been identified as possessing the Diplomacy Perk.

"It was lovely to meet you, Mister Clauncher, but I must be getting back to my rounds at the stalls. I have appointments scheduled in for today as well. Please, do not hesitate to contact me again if you have any further questions or wish to book in a tour." She hands you a plastic card with a small water-proof coupon attached. You read it, realising that it's a coupon for an oran, spelon or starf berry at the Berry House.

[Coupon: 1 Starf/Oran/Spelon Berry] was added to Truly's Inventory.

You watch as Harmony returns to the jewellery stand and pocket the coupon and business card she gave you.

Truly the Clauncher (S: Water)
    Health: 8/8| Sanity: 8/8 | Purity: 12/12
    Battle Stance: Flee
    Perk: Technical

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon Master Mike View Post
    Terr seems suspicious.

I want to interview 21. Terr the Metang. I'll use my diplomacy skill to make Terr compliant.

EDIT: Apparently I missed the memo about only one action per day now, so fixing my post.
    Interview Rapport: NEUTRAL

You heard about Terr from Remnashi, the lombre you spoke to the previous day. The only thing you have heard about Terr is that they are "an ass," as Remnashi put it, so you buckle up and head into Terr's Delicacies, expecting something potentially unpleasant.

You see Terr busily hovering around the restaurant, from the kitchen to the tables, tending to customers while Remnashi does the same. They also flick to the wholefoods side of things occasionally, serving customers there whenever they appear wishing to buy something. You can immediately see that this place is understaffed, and as Terr notices you, they don't even welcome you in. You catch Remnashi's eye as he's serving some customers, and he retains eye contact with you for a moment, as if silently communicating with you that you probably aren't going to get anywhere coming back here again. You hope he's wrong, and aim to intercept Terr when they're halfway through hovering between the kitchen and the wholefoods section.

"Yes, hello?" they ask, impatience littering their voice as their black and red eyes glare into you. You can tell that they're trying to be cordial, but the emotion behind it is very obviously contrasted.

You introduce yourself and explain that you're there to ask around about suspicious happenings lately. The metang stares at you for a few seconds, a look of bewilderment on their face.

"Are...are you kidding me?" They extend a steely arm, claws open. "Do you not see how busy it is in here? No, I suppose not; perhaps you're too used to rolling in flowers and hugging trees to understand how a proper establishment works," they grunt, dismissing you and heading to the wholefoods section.

You stand wide-eyed, taken aback by the rudeness that this pokémon openly conveys. You take a deep breath, chest inflated, and head back over to them as their customer departs after paying. You make yourself known again and lock eyes with the steel-type, ensuring you have their firm attention. You aim to put them in their place with direct, pointed words and a very clear explanation about how while they're in here, uselessly serving customers and bending over backwards to meet clients' needs, you and your team of elite investigators are scouring the town for proof of the murderers who are currently plaguing the streets. You explain how your work is actually important, helps to save lives, and is far, far more important than serving overpriced dishes and selling organic tomatoes. You can see Terr's face twisting with sourness, and you're aware that you've scuffed their pride and made them feel like a complete and total idiot.

Terr the Metang is now COMPLIANT.

At first the dual-type is lost for words, but then they simply angle their body up, as if trying to maintain their dignity. "You want my observations?" they question, almost spitting the words. "Well it just so happens that I've observed Yurtag being a complete menace to me. I refused to hire him, so he's left hate mail for me at my home and at my establishment here. I told him I didn't want his disgusting body-slime dripping into my meals, and I meant it! He's an incapable, disgusting little freak!" they exclaim, perhaps a little too loudly. You notice Remnashi shoot daggers to them, and they blink a few times, as if surprised by their own outburst. "All I want is that degenerate away from me and my cafe. Rule me out as soon as you can so I no longer have to deal with people like you dropping in unpleasantly and giving me lectures. Search my restaurant; see if I care. I have nothing to hide!"

"Since you're so gung-ho about being the saviour of Salvage Keep, why don't you investigate the produce stall next door? I've caught absolutely foul whiffs every time I go past. Oh, and deal with that disturbing shadow stuff near the top floor of Longstay Ranch. I simply do not feel safe at night knowing that just a few floors above me, that disgusting nonsense persists. I've heard that it had terrible effects on some of the pokémon who lived there when it hit, and by the gods, I do not want to meet the same fate."

The metang clears their throat as a patron flags them down, and they give you a final glare.

"As you can see, leafeon, I am more than busy enough. Take your business elsewhere; I don't require it here." They hover over to the nearby table, completely ignoring you.

You sigh, wondering how you managed to have to deal with what must be the two rudest people in the whole town twice in a row. At least you're good with words, and they gave you some useful information.

Verde the Leafeon (M: Grass)
    Health: 7/10| Sanity: 6/8 | Purity: 10/10
    Battle Stance: Flee
    Perk: Diplomacy
    Trait:

garlic bread champion Bulbasaur's Avatar
    Interview 26 Balene the Cottonee!

Edit: This was typed up in time, but decided not to send... FML

☄♥ Happily paired with ninjaskarmory ♥☄
    My Links

This cycle's submission period is officially over! Thank you for your submissions and hang tight for replies.

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldSky View Post
    I would like to learn the Clairvoyance skill

(I hope I did this right...)
    You head to the Sacred Temple, where Yasha is speaking with a pokémon who looks flustered and upset. You wait patiently for her to be done, watching as the pokémon she spoke with takes a seat among the many that face toward the back of the temple, facing the many statues of various, frequently worshipped Legendary Pokémon.

Yasha then sees you and greets you. She introduces herself, and you do the same back to her. The absol seems like a fairly peaceful individual, which you can almost immediately tell. You explain to her that you are on a mission to destroy the Stalkers and break their influence over the town of Salvage Keep, and that you have come to her to ask if she can teach you the skill of Clairvoyance.

The dark type bows her head and mutters a quick prayer before opening her eyes to you again, bearing a small smile which you get the feeling is a rare sight. She brings you into a secluded, slightly colder room off the main hall, and sits you down. She begins to explain the history behind the talent known as clairvoyance, and then begins to walk you through how to gain the skill yourself. She sets up a few candles around you, and brings out what looks like a tome. She read some passages from it before she asks you to do the same, and a few hours later, you believe you have absorbed the necessary information needed to execute this skill, as well as the ritual needed to properly utilise it.

Lita the Pikachu has learned Clairvoyance.

Yasha then asks you if you would like to try out the skill, and, surprised, you accept. She walks you through the process, and you close your eyes, feeling the power surge through you as you focus on the first location you can think of, and try to locate a corresponding item. You witness a vision that draws you into the first location, pauses, and then shows you the "answer" location second.

You think of {Fountain Mosaic Indents: Six Missing Patches} at Swollen Blister Tavern.

Your feel an answer come to you as (10) Fabulous Furnishings

The vision fades as you open your eyes, blurting out the location to Yasha. She gives a nod and another rare smile, then praises you.

"Congratulations, Lita. You have mastered Clairvoyance."

Lita the Pikachu (S: Electric)
    Health: 8/8 | Sanity: 5/8 | Purity: 12/12
    Perk: Security | Abilities: Clairvoyance
    Trait: Nimble

9. This post has been liked by:

Quote Originally Posted by Chakramaster View Post
    Firstly let's make sure Lillian can heal by trading her my Sitrus Berry for her to use.

Then use my Medicine perk to heal the wounded Yungoose in (34) Bizzie's Fruit Farm
    It’s still early morning when you greet your fellow Emissaries, and pass your sitrus berry over to Lillian. It’s a generous thing to do, but something you’re willing to give up for the safety of your companions.

Then, you set out to Bizzie’s Berry Farm, which you were told by Carly was absolutely ridden with shadowy malevolence. A stray thought in your head can’t help but wonder if the evil that resides there is related to Bizzie’s death at all, but you are also fully aware that the two incidents are potentially not at all connected. Regardless, as you stand staring into the murky horror yourself, a sense of strong foreboding strokes your skin, and you can’t imagine what the poor yungoose who has been trapped in there for likely days is feeling. Using the helpless pokémon as your motivation, you creep onto the property, slowly delving deeper into the tendrils of swirling darkness.

As the sense of closing darkness descends upon you further, you break into a bolt, feeling leaves brush against you as the soft earth beneath your paws leave your imprints behind. Slowly you hear an increasing band of whispers seep into your ears and begin to gnaw at you from the inside. You try to shake it off, but they only sink their teeth in further until they’re the only thing you can hear, and the only thing filling your thoughts. Your breath is laboured and your limbs begin to fail as pain shoots through your muscles with every passing step. You try closing your eyes in an effort to drive away any part of what you're feeling, but doing so only gives you the horrible visage of one of the shadowy forms themselves, saliva dripping from pointed teeth and crackling red energy scaling its form. It’s void-like eyes pierce your soul, as if trying to force their way in. It feels like a dagger in every inch of your body, s̨t͜a͍̲͉͇̮̍͐̑͐b̟͈̘̳̮̣͈b͔̠̠̪̺̫͟i̴ṇ̝̹̦g͏ ̩͈̲͚̫ͅat you u͈͓ntil̯ pa̦̺͚̦͞rt of you b̟̣͎̠̥̮̯̀͂r̓ͦ̇̅ͩ͂̓͝e̤̱̽͌̇̓̽aķ͉̺̠s̛̺̮̞.̫̠̗̞̤͖̲

Sparkstrike the Pikachu suffers 2 points of Purity damage.

You try to seal your mind off from incoming attacks, but it’s a futile attempt, and the growing malevolence only w̫̓ͪ͊͂̚raps ̺͚͎͔͕͇͑ͩ̀̾͞m̨̻͙̮̗͇ͤ͆͒͊ͧͅore tii̖̯͎̰̖̎ͦ͜g̟̼͕̥͈͙ͫͭͨ͡ḧ͕͍̲͍̬̳̔̎̓ͪͪẗ̷̜͖́̀̽ͫl̪̺ͦyͫͪ ̧̳͕͈̦ͨ ̟͇̞̖̞̭͑̓ͅa̩͉̥̗̹̺͓̒ͥ̐͂͠r̤͉͛ͦ̓̽͛oun̬ͯ͊͗ͧd̫̩̮̩̆ͮͅ ̾̉̇̄͆͒y͎̥ͮ̏ͪͧ͋ͤ͑o̵̯̬̟ͬ̿̄̒u. You focus on powering through to find the yungoose, shouting as loud as you can to try to give the pokémon some idea of where you are, but the words get caught in your throat and you feel yourself start choking on them. Various attempts to stop any percentage of this from happening merely result in louder voices and more painful scrapes into your flesh, and you can more tangibly feel your failure now than ever before. Helplessness taunts you as you run, panic escalating your poisoned mindset.

Snapping holes blink in and out of existence around you, capturing your limbs every few seconds and then vanishing again whilst trying to take them with you. You feel yȍ̢̖̭̱̎ͤ̇͗̍̚ṳ̩r skin ̧͈̞͖̱̖̠̫s̩̫̔̔̌͆ͬ̀ͅe̥̳̯͔̫̫͒ͪ̇̒ͪͅa̢͙̰͚͉͙̰͊ͮ͐͋̅̔̒ͅrͤ̍ ̧̻̣̪͇͗̿ͬ wï͎͊ͨ̓tḣ̤͉̻̦̮͋̚ ͓͖̯͇̫ͅpain with ẻ̲̭͖͇̻̱ͪ͌ͬ͜v̟͚̻̼̠̹͂͑̉ͧ͡ͅe͔̮̼͇͓̭̣ͮ̓̓̄̑̚r̹̹̦̬̜͓ͦ͒y̿ ̫̯͉̐̍̀ ͏̗͉͇̺̲̜clasp.

̶͙͕̞͔͈̞̭I͇̣ ͖̘͔̹w͞i̷̟̜͈̣͓l͇̗͈̞̬l̟̪̞̜͉ ̮̼̠͙̞̗̫̕d͏̬̞ẹ̴͈͍̥̪͇͕v͈̩̻̘̦͎o̷̱͍̳̹͚̫ͅur̤̩ ̵͉̟̝͙̱̝y͖͝o̝͓̺͞ͅu̧̖̯̖,̫̱͇͙͇̲̰̀ ̲̞͓̱̺E̸m̟̬̫͙͕ͅͅḭ͇̖ͅs̻s̲͎̻̹̻a̦̜̯̠ͅr̞̩̤̼ͅy̬̻̫.̝̻.͏̣ .̝͝

Sparkstrike the Pikachu suffers 4 points to Purity damage.

Your body suddenly seizes up as you’re sprinting through the horrors around you, and you plummet into the dirt, dragging with you bits of undergrowth and fallen sticks. You hold onto the image of the plants around you, some semblance of normalcy in this disturbing place, and try to shake free the persisting darkness progressively swallowing you up.

It’s then that you hear a voice shouting, “Hello? Have you returned?!” and your ears prick up. This voice is not like the whispers. This voice sounds real.

You break away from the churning waves of corruption and follow the voice, navigating through the menacing talons and spikes of the crops, each one more threatening than the last. Finally you come to the small form of an injured yungoose lying in the midst of fallen, crumpled crops. The normal-type looks up at you, hope in his eyes, and asks if you're there to help him. You confirm that you are, despite the attempts of evil spirits trying to overwhelm you, and you wince as you lean down and start the process of healing him.

{Wounded Yungoose: <Medicine>}

Satisfied with your work, you tell the yungoose that he should be fine for now, but that he probably needs further attention as soon as possible. The pokemon shakily stands, then thanks you, and offers to help you find a way out. He notes that you aren't looking too good, and, still feeling the corrosive sickness in your belly, you are inclined to agree.

The small normal-type begins leading you out of the property, and while he seems to be pretty unimpeded, you're constantly having to dodge fingers of darkness that spring up from below, or avoid the crashing energy whizzing around you. You can see more clearly now that there is an enormous spherical mass of darkness in the heart of the property, something that was seemingly invisible before the yungoose was healed. You don't know how, but you can determine that this is the source of the shadows.

{Corruption's Eye: <Seinaru>} was noted in the Team Records.

It's a harrowing experience, but finally you find yourself off the farm and away from the crops. You turn around, watching as the whipping, shapeless forms of darkness attempt to reach you, but are stopped by the confines of the property. Watching its failure brings you relief, and once you're sure that you're free of its grasp, you take some time to wind down and attempt to flush the negativity from your body.

The yungoose notices you and you reailse he's probably been watching you this whole time. "Are you...okay? Do you need me to take you to the apothecary?" he asks, but you politely decline, explaining that you have other means of recovery. "Okay...well, I'm heading there just to make sure I'm okay. Th...thank you very much for your help, Sir Pikachu." He deliberates for a moment and then springs forward, latching onto you in a hug. Then he pulls away and bids you farewell, leaving you along again.

Sparkstrike the Pikachu (S: Electric)
    Health: 8/8 | Sanity: 8/8 | Purity: 6/12
    Perk: Medicine
    Trait: Lucky

11. This post has been liked by:

Quote Originally Posted by HorusMyDude View Post
    I'll go ahead and talk to talk to Eclipse the Houndour about getting trained in Protect. If need be, I'll use my Diplomacy perk to smooth things over a bit.
    You know where to find Eclipse, and head straight over to the Valley Wellness Centre. Once you fit your ginormous muscles through the door, you are greeted first by a kirlia, who marvels at your height. You ask to speak with Eclipse, and she leaves for a moment to go and notify him of your arrival. He finds you relatively quickly, and you watch as his head cranes up at you. It's pretty obvious to you that he hasn't seen many pokémon of your stature before, and you relish in the special attention for a small duration before getting down to business. You tell him why you have come, and he nods, explaining that he would be more than happy to help you out.

He leads you through into what looks to be some kind of meditation room, and begins to speak with you about the ins and outs of protecting someone, and escorting them safely from one location to another. The theory of both actions is very focused around safety and easy passage, which you gather very quickly. After some time, you seem to have it memorised pretty well, and Eclipse looks satisfied with the amount that you've learned in a short time.

Old Lace has learned Escort/Protect.

The houndour asks you if you wish to put the skill to use to test if you have understood his instructions fully. Figuring you might as well, you follow him out of the building (ducking where required) and bring up the map you carry with you. You can see one particular place that a ground-type pokémon is needed, which you let him know about. He gives you fairly simple words to follow, and names a few pokémon who are part ground-type. Unsure yourself who to pick, you go with his recommendation: Weikutt the krokorok.

You thank the houndour for his help and set off in the direction of Weikutt's workplace, Greg's Grog. However, you do not find her there, so you continue searching until you find her sitting outside Rusty Shine Units, speaking with a nidorino. As you come up to her and introduce herself, the nidorino takes his leave, saying he has to go anyway. Weikutt sees him off, then turns to you.

You ask her for her help with something requiring her unique ground-type, and although she considers for a bit, she ends up shrugging and agreeing. The two of you head to Jeek and Zundy Leisure Centre, where you head into the cryptic back room, where Weikutt mutters something about it being ominous, and take a look at the safe built into the floor. There seems to be an input for a ground-type move, so the krokorok hesitates, then vomits up something that could resemble mud, knocking it with her tail into the panel. The both of you watch as the panel crackles, then turns a strange pink colour. You hear a click, but when you attempt to move the trapdoor, it only prompts you for the "GAMMA Code."

{Hidden Room's Basement: GAMMA Code, +Ground-type+}

Figuring there's nothing more you can do, you thank Weikutt and part ways, happy that you now have another useful skill to help with your mission..

Old Lace the Buzzwole (L: Bug/Fighting)
    Health: 8/12 | Sanity: 8/8 | Purity: 6/8
    Perk: Diplomacy | Abilities: Escort/Protect
    Trait: Stealthy