Get ready to see a new generation and more in Pokemon GO!
Niantic has announced that Pokemon from Sinnoh will soon be coming to Pokemon GO. There has been no date to when we will see Generation 4 in Pokemon GO. Though, there will be changed to Pokemon appearing in an area and battle mechanics. Below are the changes from Niantic.
Changes to Pokémon Migration and Behavior
As you explore the world of Pokémon GO, the following changes will affect the Pokémon that appear around you:
- We are making adjustments to weather and, moving forward, it will have a reduced effect on the rate at which Pokémon appear.
- As you explore a given area, you will notice that a greater variety of Pokémon species will appear over time and at different rates.
- Certain areas, such as parks and nature reserves, will now contain more varied Pokémon species.
Changes to Pokémon Effectiveness in Battle
We also wanted to use this opportunity to rebalance in-game battle mechanics. You may notice some of the following changes in the coming weeks:
- CP values will be adjusted going forward to improve game balance.
- HP values will be adjusted to close the gap between high HP Pokémon and low HP Pokémon.
- Pokémon Defense and Stamina values will be retroactively rebalanced, allowing highly defensive Pokémon to be valuable in battle by outlasting opponents rather than simply running out the clock.
- Defense values have also been slightly retroactively reduced for most Pokémon. Changes like these will help narrow the gap between Pokémon with the highest defensive stats and other Pokémon.
The changes to appearance of Pokemon in the overworld must be due to the influx of new Pokemon in the game. After all, there will be over 400 Pokemon in the game. This could be done to help make it easier for newer players to find and capture older Pokemon.
The changes to battle mechanics has been a thing that Pokemon GO trainers have been asking for. The battle meta for the game heavily favors attackers. Pokemon with high defenses such as Regice are not highly wanted. Hopefully this change will give value to Pokemon with high defenses.
Are you excited for Generation 4? Let us know and get ready to catch more Pokemon!
Source: Pokemon GO