Team GO Rocket is at it again!
It looks like Team GO Rocket has made another wave of trouble in Pokemon GO. This time they have brought their Leaders out to battle and have made an event out of it! Below are the details for battling the GO Rocket Leaders & Giovanni and the current GO Rocket Event.
Battle Go Rocket Leaders and Giovanni
For the last few weeks, Pokemon GO has been hinting at the arrival of the Team GO Rocket Leaders Cliff, Sierra, and Arlo. These three powerful admins each seem to have a rivalry with Team Leaders Spark, Blanche, and Candela.
Now they have made their debut in Pokemon GO and ready to battle on behalf of Team Rocket. Though, if you want to battle the GO Rocket admits then you need to collect components that GO Rocket Grunts leave behind.
If you want to battle Giovanni then you will need to complete Special Research. Only then will the Boss of Team GO Rocket entertain the idea of battling you. If you can find him.
Below are the details to battle the leaders of Team GO Rocket.
- Open up your Special Research: Looming in the Shadows — Professor Willow has issued new Special Research for you. By helping Professor Willow, you can track down the villainous Team GO Rocket Leaders and even Giovanni himself.
- Find Mysterious Components — Team GO Rocket Grunts may drop Mysterious Components.
- Assemble Rocket Radars — The Team GO Rocket Leaders are concealing their locations at PokéStops. By assembling six Mysterious Components, you can create a Rocket Radar. Use the Rocket Radar to scan the area around you for the hideouts of Team GO Rocket Leaders.
- Battle the Team GO Rocket Leaders — Cliff, Sierra, and Arlo have made their move, and they’re here to challenge you! Approach the hideouts that you locate with your Rocket Radar, and have your best Pokémon battle parties ready. Defeat the Team GO Rocket Leaders, and rescue their Shadow Pokémon. These Pokémon might have special qualities! Only those with Rocket Radars will be able to detect hideouts and battle Team GO Rocket Leaders. But Trainers can still collaborate—if one Trainer detects a hideout at a particular PokéStop, others can detect the same hideout in the same place.
- Complete Special Research to battle Giovanni — By battling Team GO Rocket Grunts, defeating Team GO Rocket Leaders, and proving you’re an accomplished Trainer, you’ll be able to complete research to receive a Super Rocket Radar from Professor Willow. The Super Rocket Radar will help you locate Giovanni! But watch out—some Grunts have figured out what we’re up to. They may pretend to be Giovanni and get in your way! But keep at it, because if you defeat Giovanni, you may be able to rescue Legendary Shadow Pokémon.
Watch the video below to get an idea of who each GO Rocket Leader is like.
Team GO Rocket Event
The arrival of Team GO Rocket Leaders have had several different effects on the world of Pokemon GO. One of those effects involves disrupting several Pokémon habitats. This includes the sudden surge of Pokemon Ekans, Meowth, and Koffing. You may even see a Shiny Meowth running around in the wild.
Below are the features for this event.
- Oddly specific Pokémon have started appearing more often, like Ekans, Meowth, and Koffing! Our research has found that if you’re lucky, you may encounter a Shiny Meowth in the wild or in raids!
- Raids will feature Pokémon that we believe are significant to Team GO Rocket and the Team GO Rocket Boss, Giovanni!
There has also been some changes to the lineup of Pokemon that Team GO Rocket may have. Below are some of the noted changes.
- Team GO Rocket has started using the following Shadow Pokémon: Sandshrew, Bellsprout, Magnemite, Porygon, and Wobbuffet.
- The Team GO Rocket Leaders seem to be the only Team GO Rocket members who now have access to the following Shadow Pokémon: Meowth, Scyther, and Sneasel! The only question is…which leader has which Pokémon?
This Team GO Rocket Event will be running from November 7th to 14th.
Best of luck trainers in taking down Team GO Rocket!