Time to celebrate the sun and moon!
That is because the Solstice Event in Pokemon GO is going to start tomorrow! There will be changes happening around the world with the days getting long but also changes in the game! All of this starts tomorrow, Friday, June 19th at 8AM to Wednesday, June 24th at 10PM.
Some of the Pokemon that you can expect to be Shiny during this event will include Clefairy, Sunkern, Solrock and Lunatone.
Below are the details for the event.
- Pokémon associated with the sun and moon—including Clefairy, Sunkern, and more—will be appearing more frequently in the wild, hatching from 5 km Eggs, appearing after completing event-exclusive Field Research tasks, and appearing in raids. If you’re lucky, you might encounter a Shiny Clefairy! Previously, you could get a Shiny Clefairy only by hatching a Shiny Cleffa and evolving it, so this will be the first time you’ll have a chance to encounter Shiny Clefairy in the wild.
- Throughout the event, Lunatone and Solrock will both be appearing in three-star raids and hatching from 5 km Eggs, regardless of your location.
- Lunatone and Solrock will be appearing in the wild in different regions. See the schedule below for details on when Lunatone or Solrock will be appearing in the wild near you.
- From Friday, June 19, at 8:00 a.m. to Saturday, June 20, at 11:59 p.m. local time, Lunatone will appear more frequently in the wild in the eastern hemisphere and Solrock in the western hemisphere.
- From Sunday, June 21, at 12:00 a.m. to Monday, June 22, at 11:59 p.m. local time, Lunatone and Solrock will be appearing more frequently in the wild everywhere.
- From Tuesday, June 23, at 12:00 a.m. to Wednesday, June 24, at 10:00 p.m. local time, Lunatone and Solrock will be swapping hemispheres. Lunatone will be appearing more frequently in the wild in the western hemisphere and Solrock in the eastern hemisphere.
- Once the event is over, Lunatone will stay in the western hemisphere and Solrock will stay in the eastern hemisphere.
- 2x Stardust Catch Bonus
Best of luck in your catches!
Source: Pokemon GO