Things are going to get wet today!
That is because the Water Festival is coming back in 2019 for Pokemon GO! Expect to see plenty of Water type Pokemon hit your eggs, raids catches and more!
The Water Festival is late for 2019 but it is back with tidal wave of fun! Starting today at 1pm PST and ending on Friday, August 30, 2019, expect to see plenty of Water type Pokemon to catch. Also, your raids should see a change as Pokemon such as Blastoise and Lapras will flood gyms.
Below are the full details for the event.
- Water-type Pokémon like Magikarp, Wooper, Wailmer, and more will appear more frequently in the wild.
- The following Pokémon will be appearing more frequently in the wild around water: Wartortle, Poliwhirl, Seaking, Lapras, Qwilfish, Mantine, Lotad, Feebas, Piplup, Buizel, and Finneon.
- Water-type Pokémon will hatch more often from Eggs.
- Kingler and Crawdaunt will be able to learn Crabhammer, a Water-type Charged Attack that is newly available in Pokémon GO.
- If you manage to surf the waves of luck, you might encounter Shiny Carvanha or Shiny Barboach!
- Water-type Pokémon like Blastoise, Vaporeon, Lapras, and more will appear in raids.
- On Wednesday, August 28, 2019, from 6 p.m. to 7 p.m. local time, you’ll be able to encounter Uxie, Mesprit, or Azelf in five-star raids in their respective regions!
- 2× Hatch Candy
- If you have a Water-type Pokémon as your Buddy, the distance to earn Buddy Candy will be halved.
Half walk distance for Buddy Pokemon will be great for those needing Feebas Candy for the Jirachi Special Research. Overall, plenty of ways to end summer with the advent of school for many! Time to flood the streets with Pokemon GO fun!
Source: Pokemon GO