Get ready to travel without going too far from home!
Pokemon GO has teamed up with the United Nations for World Tourism Day! You will be able to explore while catch many Pokemon. Some of these Pokemon would normally involve plenty of traveling around the world! But not for this upcoming event!
Below are some of the features involving the World Tourism Day Event.
These new features will be in Pokemon Go starting on Thursday, September 26th.
- New shirt! Check out a new United Nations World Tourism Organization T-shirt, available in the Style Shop!
- Region-limited Pokémon available in Eggs! The following Pokémon will be available in 5 km Eggs in their respective real-world regions: Farfetch’d, Kangaskhan, Tauros, Heracross, Corsola, Volbeat, Illumise, Torkoal, Zangoose, Seviper, Lunatone, Solrock, Tropius, Relicanth, Pachirisu, Mime Jr., Chatot, Pansage, Pansear, Panpour, Heatmor, and Durant.
- Shiny Pokémon rivals spotted! If you’re lucky, you might encounter a Shiny Zangoose or a Shiny Seviper in the wild in their respective real-world regions!
- Mime Jr., the Mime Pokémon, will be making its debut in Pokémon GO! It will be available in 5 km Eggs in Europe. If you’re lucky, you might hatch a Shiny Mime Jr.!
Features for World Tourism Day Event
- Decreased Stardust costs for trading! Trading Pokémon will cost 1/4 less Stardust.
- Spin PokéStops for extra XP! Earn 2× XP when you spin the Photo Discs of PokéStops you haven’t visited before.
- Specially themed Field Research tasks will be available for a limited time during this event.
The World Tourism Day Event will start on Thursday, September 26th and end on October 1st. Happy travels! Let’s go out and catch some Pokemon!
Source: Pokemon GO