View RSS Feed

The Ramblings of an ASB-mad Englishman

This blog is probably not for you if you:

a) Do not care one bit about myself.
b) Do not care one bit about the ASBL.
c) Object vehemently to the letter 'u' in words like 'colour'.

1. The ASB and me

by , 03-22-2016 at 02:41 PM (The Ramblings of an ASB-mad Englishman)
    Just to be clear, the title is very literal; I'm going to be talking about the ASBL and then myself. Not together (well, not much) or any link between us. Just as separate topics. I just likes the way the title sounded.

So the ASBL! And the perpetually delayed update to 3.0!

...Yeah, sorry about that. And we're unlikely to see it in the next couple of weeks either. Sorry about that too.

See, the problem is that we were trying to set a near impossible ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Mr Elbub, MSci (Hons)

by , 06-18-2014 at 05:20 PM (The Ramblings of an ASB-mad Englishman)
    I got my final year and overall results today, and it's all good news :)

I don't really have much to say about it, except to express my delight. I'm overjoyed with the final results, especially as at times it really didn't seem like I was going to achieve this.

The work was difficult and testing, but now I see how it is totally worth it on the other side, and I would always recommend it to people, especially if you want to avoid entering the real world for another three ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. My Six Year ASB Anniversary

by , 02-12-2014 at 10:28 PM (The Ramblings of an ASB-mad Englishman)
    Six years ago today, I joined an ASBL which is, arguably, the same ASBL as the one we play on this forum today.

The details of that ASBL and its demise can be found here; the events at the bottom of the article would lead into the ASBL being brought to PE2K and, inevitably, to here on PXR.

The PFUASBL was my favourite ASBL. This is an opinion which may annoy (or not; people might not care all that much really :P), but I hold it because it was a) pretty much the last ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Pokémon Yellow Playthrough

by , 02-03-2014 at 11:50 PM (The Ramblings of an ASB-mad Englishman)
    Oh hi there.

This post is going to be part story-time and part... something else. I'll summarise for you, in case your um-ing and ah-ing whether or not you can be bothered to read this (you don't have to; we're coo'); part one will be the story of my first Pokémon game; Pokémon Yellow. Part two will be a description of what I intend to do with said Pokémon game today and in the coming weeks.

Part One

Picture it; a cold Christmas morn' in the (very) late ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized