View RSS Feed

Coru's Void Blog

My Etsy shop is up!!

Rate this Entry
Hi guys! Really hope this isn't against the rules but if it is feel free to take it down. :/

After having a fairly terrible summer i've finally gone and done something i'm really excited about. I've set up my Etsy shop and it's all up and running now. I've currently got 14 listings up, the majority from the Smaugust challenge I did over august. Some are still yet to go up. I'm really excited for this to work and for me to start to build it up and work on it. I've had it up for a few days and am yet to get any sales but I know that comes with time and patience. The content will mainly be fantasy based art prints with a few stickers and other art based products scattered here and there.
Feel free to go over if you fancy a nose. Also feel free to check my social medias to keep up to date if you want. It's Quinny Illustrations and i'm on facebook, instagram, twitter and pinterest.
www.Etsy.com/uk/shop/quinnyillustrations
(Hope that doesn't break any rule on promotion or anything, just excited and wanted to let you arty guys know if you are interested)
I would totally recommend setting up one to anyone on here who's thinking of eventually selling your art. It is an investment and you will doubt yourself like I do constantly with it, but it will give you such a boost in confidence and it's something fun to work towards! :D

In other news, along with Oakie passing, my luck gets even worse. Turns out I have Vitamin B12 deficiency, so I've got to have an injection every other day for two weeks and then one every three months to keep my levels right. My levels were less than 150 mg/L in my blood apparently and the normal levels are 450-700 mg/L.. oops. Apparently it's most likely a life thing because most is caused by an auto-immune disease making it hard for the body to absorb B12 from the diet, so I'll have to have them for the rest of my life now.. I'm glad it's getting sorted now but ughh. Can my health catch a break haha. It's not a major problem but it's just an annoyance and i really don't like injections so I guess I have to get used to them now.

I start my final year of uni at the end of this month and I really am not sure how I feel about that haha. I've got so much planned but I'm so unprepared. Activity on here might be a bit sparse from then onwards whilst I focus on my final year and working on my shop. So busy..

Submit "My Etsy shop is up!!" to Digg Submit "My Etsy shop is up!!" to del.icio.us Submit "My Etsy shop is up!!" to StumbleUpon Submit "My Etsy shop is up!!" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

That's nifty, all the best with it! I've gotten some really awesome things off Etsy and it's got plenty of really cool things that you just can't get from Amazon. I checked out your store and it looks really well set up and definitely presentable!

As for the Vitamin B12 deficiency, geez, that sucks. Well, hopefully the two weeks thing goes by quickly, but having to have an injection every three months doesn't seem too bad at least. A bit more than the usual dentist visit every six months, but at least you're keeping on top of the problem.

And all the best with your final year of Uni. Yeah, I remember my last year and it was a bit hectic, but it feels great when it's all done and that stress from studying and working is gone. I've been to high school, to college, and now I'm working at the office, and I can say working at the office is the best gig out of all of them. Sure, there's stressful times, but not nearly as much as high school and college. Plus you get paid for your work now so you can buy all the silly fun things you've always wanted but couldn't afford as a kid.
    Congrats on getting the shop up and running! :D I'm so happy you were able to do it! Best of luck for business. :]

As for B12 deficiency, yeah, a lot of people have it. It's not a big deal as long as you get shots or find some other way to absorb it. :] I know that there's a spray you can buy which you spray under your tongue. I don't know if that method is as foolproof as the shot though.
    @Neo Emolga Thank you. I haven't had any sales yet, which sucks, but I'm hoping to get some in the next few weeks. I'm starting up an Inktober thing on my shop which is going to be halloween related so I'm hoping I will get some sales from that. Yeah, the B12 thing is done and over with now but I'm still waiting for the improvements of it, gonna take a while I think but at least it's sorted now. I've sorted a lot of my uni stuff out now. We need real clients for our final year to do Graphic Design work for and I have 4 or 5 lined up, one being my old High School so hopefully that will work out well. Fingers crossed, haha. @Suicune's Fire Thank you! I'm really glad it's up and I have had over 100 visits and 200 views in the last 3 weeks which I assume is good for a start up, but no sales yet, which is a little frustrating. Just waiting for that first one and then more should slowly come in. Yeah, I didn't realise how common it was until when I had it, people I know were saying that they knew others that had it too. Not sure if this was a one off but i think I need a blood test to make sure that i need the injections or if it was just a one off. I'll have a look into that spray, see what it's about, thank you. :)