View RSS Feed

Dragon Master Mike

This Weekend Has Been Amazing.

Rate this Entry
So, this weekend I went to my cousin's beach house for the fourth of July. Literally my whole dad's side of the family went and stayed for 3 days and 2 nights. That's like, 30+ people in one house. Not to mention a few extras who were friends of family members. Somehow it worked. Anyway, we did exactly what you'd expect: Swam, sat out on the beach, and relaxed. We also ate awesome food. At one point I went fishing with a few cousins on the beach and they caught a small striped bass and fluke.

The last day we were there, I was swimming and the waves were getting kinda rough. At one point a wave hit me, spun me around, and slammed my back into the sand. I only stayed out a little bit longer because I started feeling a bit of a rip tide coming in. I wasn't stuck out there or anything, but I was struggling enough that the lifeguard came out to me to make sure I was okay. A bit later they shut down that entire strip of the beach because of riptides.

Anyway, since my cousins were catching fish and me and my dad went back the other day and fished on the beach by their house. We got there yesterday at like 6 PM, started fishing at 6:30, and stayed until like 11:00 PM. We didn't catch anything until we were reeling in the poles to leave. Me and my dad both grabbed a pole and started reeling and I hear my dad yell "Grab a lantern, I've got a fish!"

I think it was just a fluke. ... I meant the fact that we caught a fish. The fish was a tiny sand shark. It was so small my dad didn't even know he had it until he saw it when he dragged it up onto the beach. This is the first fish we've caught in saltwater in years. The last fish we caught was five years ago when I reeled in a small fluke. My goal since then has been to catch a fluke we could keep and cook (Since I love flounder), but we've been trying to catch something for so long that I'm happy we caught ANYTHING.

Submit "This Weekend Has Been Amazing." to Digg Submit "This Weekend Has Been Amazing." to del.icio.us Submit "This Weekend Has Been Amazing." to StumbleUpon Submit "This Weekend Has Been Amazing." to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

That's awesome that we both happened to go to the beach this past weekend. xD Sounds like you had a lot of fun! I guess you live pretty close to the beach?
    Quote Originally Posted by Speed-X
    That's awesome that we both happened to go to the beach this past weekend. xD Sounds like you had a lot of fun! I guess you live pretty close to the beach?
    Close enough. The closest beach is about 20 minutes away. This particular beach was like, 30 minutes away without traffic.