View RSS Feed

Sealboy

Moving out day is near!

Rate this Entry
So I'm moving up into my University on the 19th of September. I'm moving out of my mum's house, going up to a University that is 90-odd miles away from my hometown.

Holy crackers that's a distance.

I'm excited. I'll be meeting new people, going on an adventure, studying a course that I'm thoroughly interested in (Media Production and Creative Writing). I'm thrilled. The fact that I'm going to be encouraged to film things and create... I'm hoping I'll have my opportunity to get myself out there to the world and say "hey, look at what I can do!".

But all those things terrify me at the same time. Being away from my hometown where I feel "safe", meeting new people who may not like me, studying a course which ultimately dooms me a failure in the skills I lead myself to believe that I have.

It's all so scary and thrilling at the same time. I'm scared about everything yet excited about everything. But hey, it's a step forward in my life and finally a sense of direction. Maybe other people will think I'm good at the whole camera thing.

Fingers crossed.

Submit "Moving out day is near!" to Digg Submit "Moving out day is near!" to del.icio.us Submit "Moving out day is near!" to StumbleUpon Submit "Moving out day is near!" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Good luck with the transition and great major. As one writer to another, best of luck to you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Noblejanobii
    Good luck with the transition and great major. As one writer to another, best of luck to you.
    Thank you very much! Felt like I had to dip a toe in Creative Writing, it's always been a passion of mine. The more I can practise and learn new things on it, the more I'm going to get better. So I'm very excited about that.

~Sealboy
    Awesome, dude, enjoy university life and best of luck with your classes!
    Man, I can't wait to move out! Good on you for taking the step! There will be so much cool stuff to go down! Keep me posted on the silly shenanigans that go down!