View RSS Feed

Rival Max

RIP Microsoft Paint and maybe Gible Bites

Rate this Entry
Jeezus, things havent been going great for Gible and his friends. First my whole comic was blocked by photobucket after they sold thier users out. Now they announced that Microsoft is getting rid of paint. This breaks my heart because thats what i use for my comic. If it goes..maybe my comic goes too.

Submit "RIP Microsoft Paint and maybe Gible Bites" to Digg Submit "RIP Microsoft Paint and maybe Gible Bites" to del.icio.us Submit "RIP Microsoft Paint and maybe Gible Bites" to StumbleUpon Submit "RIP Microsoft Paint and maybe Gible Bites" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I think it'll be ok. Even if they remove it (not sure if this is what they intend or they just mean they won't update it anymore) I'm sure you can download a copy of it from somewhere to use. :)

But geez what a lame move by Microsoft! Paint is still great for lots of stuff and Paint 3D (which it seems like they wanna replace Paint with) is overcomplicated. I don't even know if you can draw single pixels on there and I'm not sure about the cool eraser trick you can use to recolour sprites with. Definitely gonna try and keep a copy of paint. I use it all the time for resizing stuff even when I can't bothered opening Photoshop!
    Even as the Photoshop junkie I am, thats lame for them to do that. 2D art will always have a place. And I've had to use Paint while at work simply for clipboard stuff.
    I heard that MS Paint will still live on as an app in the MS App Store