Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast
    Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

[RP] The Magi Saga - The Mandate of Magic

The Magi Saga - The Mandate of Magic

Role Play Sign Up and Background Link

Ariel's Story and the War of Mages

Upon the mystical world of Ariel, the whispers of war drift among the lands, all beckoning the same question...

Who has the right to use magic?

In ages past, magic existed for all and for any to use as long as they were willing to adhere to its demands of time, study, and training. Many of Ariel's wild creatures in nature used it as a way of life, practiced out of instinct, or passed down through ancestry throughout the ages. And through these many ages, magic has always been changing as new discoveries are made and the lore and findings of the ancient ways of old are rediscovered once again by adventurers and explorers.

But then came the reign of King Vrell Kartonis and his Platinum Crusade.

Throughout the continent of Dyrin, the Platinum Crusade, under King Vrell's command, have spread as the mad king's mighty armies have conquered much of the resisting rebel and barbarian groups through superior military training and equipment. After many battles, the lands of Dyrin were united under his flag, some after surrendering, and others wishing to avoid war altogether. Ultimately, the people of Dyrin thought it would finally be an age of new prosperity.

Far from it.

King Vrell understood that knowledge is power. Intent on keeping his dominion thriving with little chance of anyone challenging his authority, he instated that under the Royal Decree, only certain privileged groups and individuals could be allowed to possess the skills and resources to use magic. And only individuals, clans, and houses that are fiercely loyal and willing to pay generously to his dominion are able to access it. For those that refused or were too poor to contribute, he sent his armies across the lands to rip it forcefully out of the hands of everyone, even creatures and clans that had been using magic since the ancient times. Many that opposed this practice stated that the forces of magic were like the air they breathed and the water they drank in that it should be accessible to everyone that wanted to use it. However, despite these decrees, the Platinum Crusade seized magic in all forms, such as scrolls, book, artifacts, and relics. Whatever the kingdom needed was kept and only shared with the Crusade's loyalists, while everything else was destroyed. Meanwhile, skilled magicians and teachers that refused to comply with the king's demands were locked away or killed, and all institutions of magic that did not comply with his strict decrees were burnt and destroyed.

The genocide of the elementals, the golems, and the arcanes, all creatures born and made entirely out of magic, was the final straw. In the underground networks, the Circle of Guilds was formed. Each of the five Magic Guilds, Wind, Fire, Water, Light, and Shadow, were assembled as one despite previous rivalries of the eras past. Within these Guilds, many creatures, races, clans, and livelihoods made up the new Circle of Guilds with the common goal of stopping the Platinum Crusade and once again making magic available for any and for all. Gathering the remnants of magic and rekindling the ancient ways passed down through the generations, the Circle stands against the Crusade and the dark atrocity it has become.

However, this isn't the only war that is being fought. In the recent months, an unsettling darkness and plague has been creeping over Ariel. Hills and valleys are becoming mysteriously blighted, crops are withering, the trees and grasslands are becoming corrupted, and the wild creatures of the world have been driven mad and deranged, attacking and killing on sight. There are rumors in the wind and in dreams, hinting at "the Shadow Plague" and "the Lifestealers," but the ancient tomes that once spoke of them were destroyed by the Platinum Crusade, who have blamed these new threats upon the Circle of Guilds.

What has officially be declared as the War of Mages has begun, and the future of magic and the whole of Ariel are at stake...

The World of Ariel

The is the world of Ariel.

BLACK - Continent names
    WHITE - Landscape Locations and oceans
    YELLOW - City locations. Large dots are capitals while small dots are towns.
    BLUE - Underwater capitals and towns

Not all places of interest are depicted on the map. Dungeons, towers, small villages, temples, and the like exist far and wide throughout Ariel and can be placed and used by anyone in the RP.

Currently, the continent of Dyrin is in the hands of the Platinum Crusade, while Raya, Mavi, and Krysara are on his list to be overthrown and forced under the Royal Decree. The Circle of Guilds has been active throughout these three continents and in Dyrin working in the underground networks, but while they have the people, the Platinum Crusade maintains more of the military might, power, and wealth.

Senior Administrator

Lore of the Magi Saga
    The Mandate of Magic

Prologue: A Drum of War Has Thundered

The newly unified Dyrin, under the leadership of King Vrell, has now set their sights upon the small continent of Mavi to further pursue the expansion of the Platinum Empire to make the Royal Decree a universal law and ordinance. The collective Mavi Allegiance, the united nations of Mavi, have rejected Vrell's decree of unification even under the threat of war. In light of this refusal, tacticians and military generals on both sides are anticipating heavy naval conflict. Mavi, knowing too well what would happen if the Crusade took over, has called upon its own warriors, as well as the Circle, to assist with the defense.

But not all is harmonious within Dyrin either. A few of the cities and regions within were reluctant to join the Platinum Crusade in the first place. A few of them have been harboring exit strategy plans and have been offering safe haven to remnants of the original Dyrin Rebellion forces, as well as the lost barbarian tribes. Many of these forces are scattered and desire a resurfacing of a second resistance, but simply lack the military strength and leadership. And with their magical resources stripped away, they need outside help to be able to rise up once again.

Lonoxia and Junera: Darkwater Wetlands - These two cities in the Darkwater Wetlands were only just recently admitted to the Vrell Empire. Junera has taken a very passive stance when it comes to supplying the Empire, while Lonoxia has done their absolute best to avoid getting involved at all. Their relation to the Empire is shaky at best, and where there is a will to backstab the Empire, all they are missing is the proverbial knife and opportunity to do it. The Circle of Guilds is not ignorant of this information, and could potentially use it to their advantage.

In addition, humans make up a very small percentage in this region. The denizens of this area do not at all take a liking to the new decree that puts humans in a higher caste than the rest of them.

Tyanis: Icehorn - Tyanis was home to many barbarian tribes that only lost the war due to weaker weaponry and lack of siege equipment. In wake of Vrell's war, a large portion of Tyanis was left in ruins before the barbarians were forced to surrender and become slaves. Only three barbarian tribes remain: The Wildlanders, The Snowhand, and the Frostfoot. The resentment of these tribes is like black powder, simply waiting for the spark to ignite their vengeance. Humans have occupied many of the Icehorn and Southmarch lands to the resentment of the barbarian tribes, and they desire whatever help they can get take back their homelands.

Savire and Ianku: Slven Forest - Despite the war that technically unified Dyrin, Savire and Ianku are homes to pirates, swindlers, mysterious mages, and other shady and shadowy characters that certainly don't care for formal politics or even most laws. The conquering of these towns was done with only a pen to avoid all out bloodshed, but for many of the rogues, assassins, and smugglers of this area, it would take much more than simple ink to put an end to their ways. The people of this area have very little liking for King Vrell, and would not be above being the proverbial dagger in the dark when it comes to countering his internal operations. With the Crusade's actions getting to be more and more overbearing to their ways, it may spell an opportunity for the Circle if they play their hands right.

Senior Administrator

Jysan Ryderan, Faerie
    Shadow Guild
    The Rusty Shield Tavern, Savire, Dyrin

The Rusty Shield Tavern.

This would have definitely been my kind of place, if the alcohol wasn't so skunky and they didn't laugh when they served beer to me in a shot glass. I laughed with them though, even though I was pretty sure I was one of maybe only a handful of fae around town. That was the trick about being ridiculed. If you acted like you enjoyed it, it didn't make it as fun for the ones trying to cause trouble.

Meanwhile, there were plenty of tables to cheat at cards, get a hand cut off for stealing, try your luck at swindling, hire a merc to do the dirty business, or find a friend that might cut you in the back if it might benefit them. Normally, most others would give up on a place like this and let it go to the dogs, but they refused to fly the Platinum Crusade's "swords over sun" flag and I took that as a promising sign that maybe this band of hooligans could be useful to the Circle's cause. Beyond that, it looked like the Crusade couldn't keep guards on patrol long enough here before they quit or demanded to be relocated. I couldn't read minds, but I could at least read faces and had the magic to hear their muttering.

Around here, there wasn't much reason for a faerie to be carrying around gold. Heck, even if a few gold pieces felt like quite a burden and to society, a few gold pieces didn't buy very much. Besides, we got by just fine without buying things. We'd either just make them ourselves in our own custom size or we'd indefinitely borrow them from someone else. But really, most of the things other races had and used were too big for us.

I had been observing this tavern for a while now, sipping on my Vilecider for a while, just hearing the gossip and the rumors, piecing the puzzle together from scraps of information that I got from creative eavesdropping. That was, until, I got a little interrupted.

"What's a wee, miserable little bug like ye doin' 'ere?" some dark-clad, black-bearded dwarf scowled at me. "I don't trust ye lil' fae folk. Neva up te any good, so git out an' go back to where ye came from."

A ship-faring dwarf? It was unusual, but not too out of the ordinary. Dwarves mainly liked the mountains and never enjoyed the high seas, so that was already one reason for the bitterness that was probably pecking at his mind when it came to certain life choices. Case in point, he wasn't here because he wanted to. Chances were good he had been beaten out by someone else when it came to his dream career, and he never did let that pass along.

"Jysan Ryderan, at your service," I replied and bowed sarcastically with a smug smile. "I don't believe we've met before."

"Aye, an' a good thing that is!" The dwarf snarled. "Why don't ye jus' go back to whatever hole in the woods ye came from!? Yer a fool if ye think yer welcome 'ere."

"I'm on a scouting mission," I told him with a smile, standing and looking up at his dark, questioning eyes. "You see, I was informed certain parities in Savire were unhappy with your recent change in administration..."

"Ye mean that good for nuthin' Vrell!?" the dwarf asked with hatred on his tone. "Like ye wee lil' bug could do anythin' about im!"

"Oh, I'm not in this alone, my friend," I smiled, looking up and just enjoying the idea of how much I knew that he didn't. "I can't disclose too many details, but in a sense, the Platinum Crusade is like trying to untie a knot. We just need to pull it apart in the right places. Pull in the wrong places, and you just make the problem worse."

He still didn't trust me. Which was totally understandable! Fae are definitely not trustworthy, and I could have confessed to pulling many an act of pure, ice-cold mischief on dwarves before. But I was not the confessing type.

"Here, to take down Vrell?" the dwarf laughed. "Ye couldn't, but even if ye could, we neva saw 'im as king-folk anyway. He knows he has no place 'ere."

"Not yet anyway," I smiled, looking away with a smug grin as I pretended to daydream.

"Wut do ye mean?" He asked.

"Just wait until you start paying taxes to the kingdom," I smirked. "To him, Savire isn't a town or a culture. Psh, to him, it's an investment, and he's hoping to yank out more from underneath your feet than he paid in. Let me guess, you're a ship-builder by trade, aren't you?"

"What's it to you!?" he demanded.

"All I'm saying is Vrell has his sights on world conquest," I told him. "He has an ego that wants to write history with his name all over it. Your superiors will likely sign a military supply contract with him and soon you'll be working on his naval fleet. Once that happens, say goodbye to Savire's culture. You'll be working for him all throughout the war and you'll see Savire transform into a military shipyard port if you don't stand up against it."

He definitely seemed doubtful about it, but it was getting him to stop and think.

"Vrell will have grounds to negotiate and get the cheapest and best deal, and your superiors will be swayed to agree out of fear of being left aside for another company, which will cripple their business," I smirked. "Missing the Vrell military contract, ooh, that's bad news. Your superiors won't like that and they'll see there's lots of money for them if they get involved, but not so much for you. So imagine what that will do to your living wages when the money doesn't trickle down far enough."

"How do ye know this!?" the dwarf demanded.

"I know what greed does to people," I kicked back with a smile, leaning against a neglected beer stein. "It's a drug, really. That little extra money opens new doors and suddenly the old you no longer seems satisfying. And once you have a little taste, you want more and you start inviting the demons in. Demons like 'to hell with the law' and 'let that chump take the fall for it' and 'if this works, could I get even more doing this?' Your superiors will have more in their coffers if they get the contract with Vrell, and you won't see a farthing of it. Next thing you know, they cut your wages and make you work longer."

It was making sense to him, even though he really didn't like the sound of it. Ah, the things you can learn when you use your ears and read between the lines...

Senior Moderator

Arryn Shinesong, Elf
    The Guild of Light
    Headquarters of the Guild of Light

The guild library was quiet, save for the thumping and rustling of a brown haired elf taking books down, reading through them, and then putting them away. Based on the almost rhythmic frequency of books being put back on the shelves, she was not having much luck in her search for answers.

Her goal was to learn more about the tyrant that had taken over Dyrin, and forced many of her fellow elves into effective slavery. But her most burning question was why someone would go so far as to attempt to mold the world in his image.

While most of the time, it had been humans that dreamed up these grand ambitions, other races were not innocent of this crime either. Even some of her own had fallen for the siren song of power and glory.

But her quest was not one for power and glory--all she wished to do was overthrow the tyrant--Vrell, was it?--and return peace to the world.
    Everyone has a dream that fills their heart. A journey they must take. A destiny to fulfill. As close as your imagination exists a magical place, where wondrous creatures with incredible powers help make dreams come true. It's the world of Pokemon!!"

((Just saying, I think it would be really rad if Dracora was carved out of hoodoo-like formations, like Bryce Canyon in Utah, but darker rock))

Valryssa Scarlet, Dragon
    Fire Guild
    Fire Guild Headquarters, Dracora, Raya
    [Destination: Tyanis, Dyrin]

The waning light of the afternoon sun, descending behind the peaks of the Dragonrise Mountains, swept across Valryssa’s desk, warming her hands as she read the letter. A scowl formed itself deep in her porcelain-white face—not an uncommon sight, of course, but even those familiar with her attitude would’ve felt uncomfortable if they happened across her now. Fortunately, Valryssa’s housing was fairly secluded from the rest of the Guild. Carved into the side of a small peak (hoodoo, if you want to be specific), it gave her privacy and a view of her ancient homeland. And, for the rest of the Guild, some sanity.

Finishing the letter, Valryssa held it aloft and muttered a word. The parchment burst into flames, transforming it completely to ash within seconds. Valryssa swept the remains off her desk before throwing her glasses across the room. They probably broke, again, but the dragon-turned-human couldn’t bring herself to care much. She hated them anyway. Along with everything else she couldn’t perfect in her transformation, she apparently could not form her human eyes correctly, leaving her farsighted. Ridiculous—just like the letter she just read.

A knock came from the door. Valryssa’s eyes flashed up at the intrusion, and she snarled viciously, “Who dares disturb me during my study hours?”

If it was one of her apprentices, bothering her at this time of day, she swore she’d give them a lesson in hellfire.

Hardly dissuaded by her harsh challenge, the door creaked open and a familiar feathered face waltzed in. Ynaz, one of the Guild’s other instructors and technically Valryssa’s overseer. Valryssa was only slightly pacified.

Crossing her arms, she said, “What do you want, bird?”

The colorful Phenixu, used to the derogative (and Valryssa’s attitude in general), said, “I take it you’ve read the letter.”

Valryssa scowled, flicking a piece of ash she missed. “You knew of this?”

Ynaz made her way casually to an open stool, her long tail-feathers and robes dragging across the floor. As she settled down and brushed the ruffles out of her ornamental dress, she answered, “I was notified ahead of time, yes.”

The dragon huffed crossed her arms, a habit she had learned from the humans. “Of course you did. Why am I not surprised? What else are they keeping from me? And why didn’t they bother asking me in person?”

“They figured this way would be less… messy,” the Phenixu’s eyes glinted with amusement. She did not fear the dragon’s wrath in anyway; her race, being relatives of the phoenix, were naturally immune to fire. At worst, the most Valryssa could do was reach out and strangle her long skinny neck—which she felt tempted to do. Her rank and renown in the Guild prevented her from doing so. And, as much as she hated to admit it, she did have some respect for the bird.

“Also,” Ynaz lifted her beak, “this is not a request. It is an assignment.”

“A stupid one,” Valryssa countered back. “Why should the Fire Guild be concerned with Icehorn, of all places? Wouldn’t the ice mages in the Water Guild be better suited?”

Ynaz sobered. “Perhaps you are not aware, but the Platinum Throne is moving its eyes to Mavi. Their naval forces are bolstering for invasion, and the Water Guild have their wings full preparing to challenge them. The next best choice, naturally, for combating the frozen tundras of Icehorn is the Fire Guild.”

Valryssa snorted. “And out of the talent found in this Guild, they chose to send a dragon on a diplomacy mission?”

Ynaz leaned back, folding her arms into her sleeves. “You will not be alone on this mission. Others will accompany you. The Water Guild is sparing an ice mage or two to accompany you. Did you not read this in the letter?”

Admittedly, Valryssa might have burned the letter before she got to that part. But she said not a word of this, instead continuing to fix Ynaz with a sharp glare.

“I think you might find that you and the barbarians of the south share a like mind…” The Phenixu continued, nonchalant.

Valryssa snorted again, out of offense and sarcasm. “A like mind? With barbarians? How kind of you…”

Ynaz stood, her robes and feathers falling to the ground once more. “Your classes will be notified of your absence. I will see to their education while you are gone. Prepare yourself quickly—your comrades will be waiting for you near the Kindred Flames. You are to take the Flames to Skybound City, and then to a location near Tyanis. If you could set up a Flame there, that would be lovely as well.”

Her trademark scowl made a return. “Of course it would.”

The Phenixu bowed. “Safe journey, scarlet one.”

Valryssa rolled her eyes and waved.

Banner by the legendary Neo Emolga!
    Little Lizard's Library of Tales
    Paired with
    SlenderfairyComatose

Number III, the Argent Flame

Izuru Natsume, Kitsune
    Fire Guild
    Fire Guild Headquarters, Dracora Raya

Izuru had just returned to her room after spending some time outside practicing her powers when she heard a knock on the door. She shifted into her human form. "Hello?" "It's me." The familiar voice of her teacher said. "Come in." Izuru replied happily before shifting back to her fox form. The older, seven-tailed, silvered furred kitsune walked in, using her fox form as well. She told the younger fox that she would be heading to Icehorn with a few of the other members of the guild and that she had better get prepared for the trip. The silver fox bid her farewell and headed out the door. Izuru got her belongings, strapped them to her back, and headed out to the Flames in her natural form.
    Last edited by AWA1997; 06-10-2016 at 05:05 AM.

URPG Staff

My heart is in several places and all of them are fictional. u^u
    Lightthroat Hadran Lurel
    Wind Guild (High Speaker)
    Lesonia, Raya (en route to Shadow Guild chapter meeting)
    ARP’ers: @Saraibre Ryu

Hadran hated Windshots.

Some mode of fast transit was a necessity for most travelers between Skybound City and literally anywhere else, and Windshots were better than most of the other Guilds’ fast travel options. That didn’t mean that Hadran enjoyed being propelled at speeds high enough that friction would have torn her to pieces if it weren’t for the magic, only to be brought to an abrupt halt anywhere from ten to fifty feet above the ground and lowered down by another’s magic. If she was going to fly anywhere, she wanted to get there under her own power.

Aside from the odd case of whiplash, though, the Windshots were reliable and zippy - and were pretty easy to find most of the time, due to the Windshot spell being easier to cast and requiring a lot less focus than most other fast-travel methods. They were also good at carrying multiple passengers, such as the seven Wind Guild members she’d brought with her.

A guard greeted her little contingent almost immediately. “Hold!” the centaur ordered, trotting over to the endpoint of the Windshot. She stopped in front of the group and surveyed them, eyes faintly aglow with some manner of scrying spell. After a few moments, the examination ceased, and the centaur nodded. “Clear of illusions and enchantments,” she said. “Orphus. You are High Speaker Hadran Lurel, I presume?”

Lightthroat Lurel,” Hadran corrected. She couldn’t tell whether people thought that they were allowed to use her closed name because they weren’t orphi or because she was a public figure. Either way, it grated her. Not that she showed much of the grating; it wouldn’t do to appear as anything but the reasonable authority figure. “There is a small meeting of your local Shadow Guild chapter taking place approximately half an hour from now, and I have been asked to bring some of my own Guildmates to the meeting as well.”

Technically, Hadran had only been cordially invited when she was asked to send a few Wind Guild members whose skillsets complimented the stealthiest of the Shadow Guild - there was no obligation for her to make an actual appearance. The meeting would be presided over by one of the many chapter leaders of the Shadow Guild, and there was no real need for Hadran to go. However, recently, she’d been making as many appearances in public as she possibly could. Not only did she have to be a stronger leader than Jonah had been, she had to make sure that everyone knew her strength. Holing up in the Skybound City would make her appear out-of-touch, possibly even cowardly or hostile. Coming out would show that she was willing to work with the other Guilds, and would give others a chance to get to know her.

Thusfar, it had been fairly successful. Those she worked with treated her with respect for the most part, though she wouldn’t be surprised if others still held doubts about her. Frankly, after Jonah’s performance with Vrell, she couldn’t really blame them. Not to mention that the Wind Guild tended to get stereotyped as one of the weaker Guilds to begin with.

The centaur nodded. “Very well. Welcome to Lesonia, High Speaker, Guild members.”

Lesonia was quite beautiful. An old port settlement, one from whom several of the Skybound City’s founders and migrants had come, it was well-kept and home to many large, elegant buildings. Here and there, Hadran could pick out similarities to the Skybound City’s architecture, though Skybound tended to build upward more due to a preexisting abundance of flight abilities and more scarce land. Most of the commonalities lay in the heavy use of glass and other reflective building materials, and the many ornate pillars that dotted the newer buildings.

During the time of the Platinum Crusade, nearly all cities that had previously lacked local Guild chapters had gained at least some presence from each Guild. So far as Hadran knew, Lesonia hadn’t had much real Shadow Guild presence previously, but their temporary base was easy enough to find. A sign decorated with the Shadow Guild’s emblem showed that they were gathered in a repurposed warehouse.

Hadran checked the watch in her pocket. Early. She took the time to turn around and address her Guild members. “Each of you has been invited here to mingle with the Shadow Guild’s elite spies and saboteurs and to potentially work alongside them in those capacities. I trust that you will represent our Guild well and show your counterparts respect. We are part of a Circle now, which means reaching out and learning from new sources. Are we clear?” The assembled Guild members nodded, and there were a few murmur of assent.

She then turned to the Storm Kyte near her side. “Hazy,” she said. Nicknames gave Hadran mixed feelings - an alteration of an orphus’s closed name was considered an insult, but Aria-Haizen seemed not to mind. As for Haizen’s insistence on being Hadran’s impromptu bodyguard, Hadran hadn’t figured out an opinion on that yet. The Storm Kyte was a bit unruly, but Hadran wasn’t exactly in a position to turn down help. “Just to be clear, you’re not to volunteer for any mission offered here, jointly or otherwise, as I can almost guarantee it will not be at all in your skillset. I didn’t figure you’d try, but I want to make sure that we’re all on the same page. Alright?”
    Last edited by VeloJello; 06-17-2016 at 07:19 PM. Reason: it took me over a week to notice this typo

Button by K'sariya!

URPG Stats!

Paired with noob dummy crazy kid rad friend Nar.

Character/s: Arus (Half-Dragon) & Munchie (Mohawk Mouse Pet)
    Destination: Tyanis (Dyrin) via Wisp Islands Harbor

It was a bright, sunny day, just like any other. The Fire Guild was bustling with activity and with recent rumors about the Platinum Crusade making rounds almost every day, this guild rarely is without any liveliness. In this very Guild, Arus joined not too long ago, in an attempt to find more about himself, his lineage, his lost memory. He climbed through the guild ranks quite steadily, but didn't want too much popularity which might obstruct him from his own goals, so he decided to slack off a bit for a while. Arus was just making his way back to the Fire Guild HQ after completing a quest in a town situated nearby Dawnwood Forest.

---

Quest Log - #1 The Disappearing Act

A case in which most of the town's men have gone missing in the Dawnwood Forest. Arus has a knack for finding missing people, especially a given for since he's a part dragon, and his senses are much more heightened than any other average human being. He was the only one assigned for this mission, as Arus prefers to go solo, most of the time. It was a quick work for Arus at the end of the day, as it seemed like the men from the village have been abusing the forest to an certain extend by extinguishing and ripping the entire place of its trees, which angered the Forest Guardian; Marigold. Soothing an angry human would be a feat, and now it's a Forest Guardian to boot. But much to the contrary, non-humans tend to give more of a listening ear than your average humans nowadays. Arus also has gift with his words. So much that it doesn't matter if his oppressor was a human or non-human, he would find his way through and turns the favor to himself without too much hassle. Marigold was a gentle soul, and she saw Arus' genuine heart when she peered straight into his eyes. She calmed down quite fast, but was still stricken with fear that her beloved forest might not last long. Arus made a quick deal with Marigold, which was favorable for both the Forest Guardian and the village, so it was good at the end of the day. The forest would be visible only to the village folks who bears a insignia blessed by Marigold. They will be the Forest Guardian in her stead, refurbish and take care of the forest, and in return, they are paid with invaluable gems and minerals as a gift of appreciation by Marigold. It was not all that bad, so Arus thought this deal would be able to put the forest back to its fertile self and maintain it in a long run, while Marigold doesn't have to reveal its presence to the outside world, considering the latest Platinum Crusade and King Vrell's tyranny which is throwing the world into chaos and turmoil.

---

"...heh, that was a very short quest, but I'm glad things worked out at the end, Munchie!" Arus looked at his pet mouse which was perched upon his right shoulder.

"It's just that sometimes, human beings are just so selfish and heartless. I'm beginning to doubt what my dragon parent saw in my human parent. This is like a curse. Walking around in this form. I can't even fully transform into a Dragon yet. It has been 2 years since I left the village, you know?" Arus sighed.

"Mmmmmmm..." Munchie hopped about, trying to cheer Arus up.

The walk was quite short, as the Fire Guild HQ could be seen. Arus walked to the doors, and greeted the sentry before making his way into the Guild's Tavern. His primary hangout spot, he quickly shuffled his way over to the Pub, to report his just completed quest. The Bar Owner, Khelfi, was out on a hunt for ingredients as usual, so Arus had to look for the assistant, Noma. She was dealing with some Guild Adventurers herself, handing out the rewards and updating the completed missions and quests in the Guild's Database. Arus queued up like the rest, and had to wait a while for his turn.

"Hey Noma! Why does Khelfi disappear at a time like this?" Arus asked as he stepped up towards the elfen girl.

Code:
    Noma - Maroon
    Arus - Fire Brick
    "You should know this more than I do, you brat! She's always gathering new ingredients and the like to fill up endless stomachs like yours! You better be thankful for all this. And what happened to that quest of yours now? We tried to contact you from time to time, but you never ***ed to pick up the call as always!" Noma was clearly frustrated, but she deeply cares for Arus, ever since he turned up at the Guild as a kid.

"Eh..REALLY?! ****. I must have missed that again. Sorry about that Noma. It's a mission well done as always! Hahaha, what do you expect? A screw up?" Arus chuckled as he handed over the report.

"...you're surprisingly good at these kind of quests. Why are you so obsessed about non-humans or creatures so much? It doesn't hurt to feel for the humans sometimes, you know?"

"Heh, that coming from a full fledged elf like you surprises me. But that's what I love the most about you as well! You're so loving and caring to everyone regardless. But hey, let's stop the chit chat. I need the rewards, as usual. I need to get some rest. I'm all worn out."

"Yeah, it's a surprise you've traveled to that place by foot. It takes a day even by a ride on the road. But impressively you took the same time as well. Are those feet of yours filled with some kind of fuel? Did you torture Munchie with your lame *** jokes and crappy attitude?"

Munchie jumped over to Noma and started playing with her hair.

"Hahaha, you look well, dear. Have you been hungry? I've got some snacks for you! A couple of spicy cheese and cold cheese."

"...man, you can spoil Munchie a bit too much, you know? Oh well. Noma, where are my rewards?"

"Jeez, here you go. A bag of 5000 gold coins, and a parcel came for you just before arrived. It's signed Magnolia. Who is Magnolia?"

"She's a good friend of mine. Well, I'm heading to my quarters. If there's anything else, you know how to get to me. Come Munchie, it's time to scoot."

Code:
    Items Obtained:
    1 x bag pouch of 5000 gold coins
    2 x Spicy Cheese
    2 x Cool Cheese
    1 x small parcel bearing a dragon-like insignia
    "Wait, Arus! There's a letter for you!"

"....what....You know if its not reward or anything, I will kindly refuse, Noma."

"You fool! This is a request from the Guildmaster. You know what happens when you refuse requests from the Guildmaster, don't you?"

"....how does the Guildmaster know specifically who I am. Damn it. I wanted to lay low for a while too. What is this request about, Noma?"

"You know the nerds, the Platinum Crusade, yeah?"

"...the snobby king's underlings. What about them?"

"I'm going to tell this once, so listen well. They have set their eyes upon Mavi. It could be anytime they're going to overrun that continent, but Mavi wouldn't give up without a fight."

"So am I being sent there to die fast?"

"...let me finish. Mavi's going to need some help. There are rumors of three places which under the unity of King Vrell's Platinum Treaty are waiting for an opening to overthrow his hold anytime soon. All they need are some reinforcements. To one of the three places you're being called upon. The good news is that you're not going in alone, but the bad news is that the place you're going to is Tyanis. Previous home to the Barbarians. Of all the tribes which existed back then only three of them remain now. Gather whomever you may find, and take back Tyanis"

"If indeed we reclaim back Tyanis, you reckon the Empire is going to keep quiet about this? Won't they come back with a bigger army and make siege once again?"

"This is where your smart *** is being handed to me. The border which divides the Tyanis from the Empire, The Shattered Badlands is experiencing some heavy tremors and landslides throughout for the next few weeks. It's strong magnetic field also disrupts any machines which would travel by land. The only chance that spoilt brat of a king is going to have is either by the sea or air, by which either Skybound City or Mavi would be aware off and I don't think Vrell would take any chance which depletes his army. It's a win-win situation, only if you successfully reclaim Tyanis. This is a Priority S Class Mission. Finish this and you can expect big reward from the Guildmaster."

"...Tyanis. I've been wanting to visit that place sooner or later. There's a particular gem I'm looking for and it's only found deep within Icehorn. What are my travel options?"

"I just received a call earlier from the Chief of Wisp Islands. He's willing to give you a free coastal ride, however, it will be a few meters away from Tyanis mainland for some obvious reasons. Still, it's free, so don't complain. You will travel there by air due to time constraints, so after you've done with your essentials, get out of the Guild and look for our HeliBalloon (helicopter and hot air balloon contraption) pilot, Ari. You might be thinking why not fly into Tyanis straight off, but if your sorry *** gets shot in mid air, don't expect backup from the Guild. Also, that chief also mentioned he had something to give you as a form of thanks since you sorted out their certain "fish" problem the other day. Jeez. He wouldn't even hand it to me, he said he wanted to give it to you personally, so all in all, it's not a wasted trip."

"Bahaha! That guy is sure a handful, alright. Okay. I'm going to pack a few things back in my quarters before I move out to Wisp Islands. Update my database will you? By the way, I forgot to ask, but who else is coming along for this less-of-a suicide mission?"

"You will find out when you reach Tyanis. The recce point is somewhere on the outskirts of Tyanis. You will know when you get there."

Arus smirked a bit as he made his way back into his room, which wasn't too far away from the Tavern. He got a shower, and a quick change of clothes in a matter of minutes. He repacked his pouch and inventory and made his way towards Ari, the hybrid Dwarf & Human Airship Engineer well known around the Guild. He was ready with the airship, and within seconds, they were off to the Wisp Islands.

"....Munchie, hold on tight yeah! God knows what will happen to us in Tyanis, yeah!"

And so, Arus & Munchie made their way to the first pitstop before their Destination in Tyanis, the Wisp Islands...
    Last edited by Trainer17; 06-12-2016 at 09:21 AM.
    Paired with the lovable 💕 Kaoru 💕

- I has risen from the ashes of the flames -

Senior Administrator

Jysan Ryderan, Faerie
    Shadow Guild
    The Rusty Shield Tavern, Savire, Dyrin

Ever since Vrell took over, rumors were floating around. And now I was starting several of my own rumors that were already making their way out of the tavern and into the streets. I saw my dwarf friend was back, who still hadn't introduced himself to me, but eh, I didn't care about that. He was now with some of his friends, a burly, bald-headed human and a stocky, shorter human with a survivalist beard. Definitely had to be his shipmates.

"I take it you're the one starting rumors around here?" the burly human asked with a gruff voice. "You'd better not be messing around, because I could crush you into a ball with these hands!"

"Gentlemen, relax," I smiled, knowing he wouldn't be doing that even if I failed this negotiation. "I've got nothing against any of you. It's Vrell I'm after. He wants to tear apart the magic clans and he wants to turn your way of life here into a bidding war. I don't think any of us want that."

"We ain't declaring war on that bastard!" the dwarf shouted. "I'm a shipbuilder, not a soldier!"

I could see where he was getting at, but there were other issues at the table.

"Take it from me, I'm sure you'd rather be a soldier than a slave, am I right?" I asked them all. "It doesn't have to be formal. In fact, if all you do is refuse to support the Platinum Crusade and join up with Ianku to separate from the kingdom, that's already a big help."

"We never considered ourselves part of his damned kingdom," the bearded man snarled.

"The papers that were signed said you did," I corrected him. "Now, all I'm saying is we need to be all in this uprising together. If only a few of us are, then we're just going to be executed for treason while the rest of the cowards just continue living out their lives in indentured servitude. Doesn't sound good, does it?"

They were silent and just looked at each other with suspecting glances.

"And what exactly are you going to be doing during this whole thing?" the bearded man asked me. "I very much doubt a faerie like yourself can stand up against Vrell's armies."

"Please, I have my ways," I smiled and shrugged. "My ways usually go along the lines of getting them to distrust each other and baiting some traps. You don't always need to fight a war with weapons."

"Prove it, then," the bearded man told me. "If you think so highly of yourself, I want to see it."

"Sure, give me a target," I told him, knowing I could have some fun with this one. "Someone high on the food chain that is close by. Let me know where they are and when, and I'll make it happen."

And I already had some fantastic ideas in mind.

"Fine, you have yourself a deal," the bearded man told me. "By the way, the name's Captain Blackwood. If I get word you've tricked us, I will find you and make your last moments of life very miserable."

"Oh come on, enough with the threats," I shrugged with a casual smile. "It won't come to that, I promise."

"It better not for your own sake," Blackwood told me.

Sheesh. Really now. I saw this as a fantastic opportunity for my own enjoyment. Why would I ever pass up on that!?

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Rima Omarah
    Shadow Guild
    Lesonia, Raya (en route to meeting between Shadow and Wind guilds)

"You know, I still don't get how you haven't mastered Shadow Travel yet."

"So you keep mentioning."

"I mean, it's one of the most basic forms of shadow magic."

"As you have told me before."

"Literally, every other member of the shadow guild that has been here the same time as you or longer can use it successfully. Even some of those who haven't been here as long can!"

"Mhm. Please inform me of how much of a failure I am to the Shadow Guild."

"I mean, it just makes no sense! You're really good at all the other magic, so why not shadow travel?"

"I don't know. Why can't you learn when to shut up?"

Rima knew Kilyni wasn't going to be shutting up anytime soon, so at this point she just stopped listening and rattled off the robot phrases she had adopted around the Dunmer. By now Rima already knew the lecture word for word. For some reason or another, Rima had never been able to completely master shadow travel. She could do it if someone was traveling with her, so usually Kilyni had to go with Rima any time she wanted to shadow travel. And while Rima had nothing against Kilyni, since the Dunmer had been the one to introduce Rima to shadow magic, Rima had grown very tired very quickly of the constant lecture that came with the travel. So instead of listening, Rima was running her agenda through her head.

She had just gotten back from a mission when they had pulled her aside for this meeting. Rima had not really wanted to attend but she was required to for some reason or another. Rima had been so annoyed at the time that she hadn't really listened to the whole speech, but she remembered something being mentioned about diversity. Either way, it didn't matter. Rima was here whether she liked it or not.

The group of shadow guild members walked in absolute silence (other than Kilyni) towards the warehouse where the guild's chapter currently resides. You could always tell the difference between shadow guild members and visitors because members always entered through the back while visitors went through the front. Common courtesy or something. Maybe they just didn't know any better. Thus, Rima and her group traveled to the back of the warehouse, and after uttering the words of secrecy required to enter, the group was allowed in.

Upon entry, Rima quickly noticed that their arrival was early to the meeting. So be it. They would have to help with preparations. As Rima helped with the last minute finishing touches, she overheard conversations between the local chapter members. The Wind Guild was visiting today, and from the looks of it, High Speaker Lightthroat Lurel had joined the party as well. How interesting. Rima made a mental note to watch the High Speaker very closely. Currently the motives of the woman were unknown, but it was suspected it was just a means of making peace. Rima didn't doubt this, but she still felt it best to watch the High Speaker, just in case.

Delbin Kawa
    Water Guild
    Goldsand City, Dyrin (awaiting meeting of partner for a mission)
    Affected RPers: @Gaster

Delbin rolled a silver ball back and forth between his hands on the table in front of him. He was currently seated in a tavern, the designated meeting place for his partner in the upcoming mission. It was nothing more than a scouting mission, from what Delbin had gathered. But that raised too many questions for Delbin. He could scout quite easily on his own. His practiced charisma made him look anything but suspicious to potential enemies. Yet, his guild had insisted on sending someone from the shadow guild with him. Someone big. Someone strong. Delbin didn't think he was necessary, but then again, the tumors of Slven Forest were unsettling. Plus, maybe the guy was cute or something. Couldn't hurt to have him tag along.

So Delbin had ordered a glass of water to bide the time and then began to busy himself with his shiny things that he had collected since his arrival here. Currently, spread out around the table, Delbin had a fair amount of shiny items. He had the silver ball he was playing with, a few nails from ships, what looked to be the needle from a compass, a few chunks of crystals that had picked up near a jewel dealer, what looked to be the casing for a small looking glass, and a small bronze ring that looked to be made to hold a jewel but was not currently holding one. Delbin smiled at his collection. So many shiny things! He couldn't wait to take these back to his collection. These would make his collection glitter like never before! Then again, Delbin always thought that whenever he got knew shiny things, but it wasn't entirely untrue. Delbin looked up as his waitress arrived with his water. Delbin thanked the lady and began to drink his water. Ah it was so refreshing to have fresh water again. Delbin couldn't go too long without it because his body required it to survive. He hated that the water guild bases had to all be in the sea. He also felt so confined in those places. So Delbin enjoyed when he could get out and down a glass of fresh water.
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire