Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Chapter Six Sneak-Peaks, Progress, and Discussion

Since Chapter Six has officially started, I decided to create this thread. This is for Chapter Six discussions- please don't discuss any Ch. 6 related stuff in any previous chapter threads to help minimize spoilers in those. You may discuss Ch. 5 stuff in the Ch. 5 thread still- I won't lock that.

Thoughts? Predictions? Hopes?

(No sneak-peaks today- I'm behind on PRS work)

Behind on updates right now, but slowly working on the buffer. It's been busy.

Here's a random sneak-peak panel from the next page.

Working on the next page. Should have it done tonight.

Hiatus will be ending soon! Hoping to get this page done tonight. I'll start posting updates... sorta of regularly starting next week. I'll be taking my usual end chapter break to prep the next chapter. I do hate having to do two hiatuses in a row, so I'll try to keep it short-ish.

HIDE, BERN, HIDE. I mean obvs you survive, BUT HIDE!!!! Glad to hear the hiatus is ending soon. :D Stupid lame easter egg people. XD

@Suicune's Fire
    Poor Bern. </3 I'll put the page up next Friday. Just finished. So tired- this one took ages.

Looks awesome. O: Poor guy is bleeding. I wonder what's gonna happen to his mama. D: Nice job. :)

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

I've always liked the way you draw eyes, and the ones on this guy are no exception. They definitely stand out and are usually the first thing I notice when it comes to your art.

And I didn't realize that was blood until Suicune's Fire pointed it out. That's rather grim...

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Emolga View Post
    I've always liked the way you draw eyes, and the ones on this guy are no exception. They definitely stand out and are usually the first thing I notice when it comes to your art.

And I didn't realize that was blood until Suicune's Fire pointed it out. That's rather grim...
    Well he was just punctured by giant teeth. xD But yes, poor widdle guy. :C

Quote Originally Posted by Suicune's Fire View Post
    Well he was just punctured by giant teeth. xD But yes, poor widdle guy. :C
    Yes- poor Bern. He's been thrown around a lot in this flashback. </3 He's not too badly hurt though- just some bite marks (that wasn't a bite attack, that would've been worse) and a few scratches/bruises from being tossed about and having the roof collapse in from the... Dark Pulse. Yes. Dark Pulse. >.>

As for his mother... well. The next two pages will answer that.

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Emolga View Post

Thank you! I've always believed the eyes to be one of the most important parts of facial expressions- so I do my best to make them look expressive and stand out a bit. Especially in these darker scenes- I'll have a multiply layer mask over the base colors to darken everything, but I always make sure the mask doesn't cover the eyes. Of course, I'm sometimes a bit inconsistent with how I'm shading them in the comic- some pages I only have simple hard shading, others I do like the above sneak-peak. It's usually I just forget. xD

One more page to finish in this chapter. I need to rest though- killed my shoulder on this page.