Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    ERROR! DOES NOT EXIST! The Nonexistent Tazz's Avatar
    Hyperion/Pheobe/Oceanus
    Fullmoon Highway
    Cloudview Cliff Safehaven
    The Affected: @LKWayvern

<"You...Don't say..."> Perish 'said,' sounding very curious.

Pheobe, Hyperion and Oceanus could only look on as the trio of Pokemon before them made their statements to each other in a language they didn't understand. The Gourgeist looked only mildly off-put by that revelation, the Azumarill looked positively shocked, and the Linoone looked positively awestruck. The statements the three made were indecipherable in language, but not so much in tone; the Linoone was clearly the hasty, optimistic sort, the Gourgeist could have Arceus appear drunk and grant her the power over all creation and she wouldn't have flinched, and the Azumarill appeared to be the most rational and concerned of the three.

"...I think our status as Foregin Pokemon is...Bigger than we thought," Pheobe said, mildly curious.

"You don't say?" Hyperion said.

"Well they're not trying to kill us for it..." Oceanus said. "They seem like good folk."

"I still don't trust 'em that quick. That...Prejudice thing, it can run deep," Hyperion said.

Then, the Gourgeist spoke, and Pheobe quickly translated for the other two.

<"Let’s start with the basics,"> Perish began. <"Welcome to Kaelus. I sincerely hope you enjoy your stay because, well… Not a single Pokemon for a very long time has been able to leave, and I don’t recall any Foreigners entering our region before you three, for an equally long period of time. The red clouds above us cover the entire region, and if you go into them they whip up ferocious winds, kicking you back inside at best and killing you at worst. We call them the Bloodcloud Wall, and were constructed by Rayquaza. The creature that attacked you was the Legendary Pokemon which supposedly created the oceans, named Kyogre. Whenever any of us try to leave the region by boat or swimming, we are always attacked by Kyogre, and either forced back to the shore or eaten. Bandits, ferals, Mystery Dungeons, and Legendaries have been running amok for the past several decades, generally making life a living hell.">

Perish took a pause, as Hyperion started to have the revelation sink in. "Wait, we're being attacked by gods?! The crazy Wailord was a Legendary?!"

"It appears so, but...Augh!"

"...What's a Legendary? Or a God?" Oceanus asked.

Hyperion groaned. Pheobe offered to respond. "Uh, basically a powerful being-and I mean 'shapes the world as we know it' powerful being. Some say they reincarnate, some say they're impossible to kill or even injure, and some say they've created the world as we know it and kept it well and prosperous. They'd pray-beg them-to grant good harvest or such...Of course, they're real, and they're using the entirety of their massive power to murder us. Wonderful."

"...I think I scarred the eye of that thing," Oceanus said, having already stated it earlier but conveying a greater meaning.

"I'll be blunt, I thought it was just luck before and I'm only more convinced of it now," Hyperion said.

Perish resumed. <"Roughly 40 years or so ago, though, Pokemon began banding together for protection and shelter. We call these groups ‘Safehavens’. There are five right now. Persevering Spirit, Relic Graveyard, Fractured Heavens, Last Vestige, and the one I lead, Cloudview Cliffs. Most of us have developed a particular specialty. My Safehaven focuses on growing food and medicinal berries for others, and so we have a good relationship with most other Safehavens. At any rate, my betas and I were on our way to a meeting called Fractured Heavens’ leader, when we were attacked by bandits.">

"I suppose we have a favor to pull?" Hyperion asked.

"Don't push our luck. I didn't tell them about the fact we came in on a prisoner boat." Pheobe retorted.

"Farms...Don't sound familiar, nope." Oceanus said, mostly to himself.

The Gourgeist smiled. <"You’re welcome to come stay at our Safehaven. We can find jobs for all three of you. You could become a farmer, train as a medic or a messenger, create a shop of some sort or work as a shopkeeper’s assistant, cook in the kitchens, or even join a scavenger team. Scavenger teams do spend a great deal of time outside the Safehaven, and occasionally have to go into a mystery dungeon, however, but we won’t be sending you on extremely difficult missions right away. I actually used to be on a scavenger team, Team Reminisce.">

They were about to talk more when another newcomer came. Hyperion defensively backed up-and rightfully so, for the thing was a monstrously large construct, a Golurk. How the thing could fly was a mystery to pretty much everyone, but it could, and disturbingly fast (though they weren't the quickest thinkers). As they conversed, it almost looked as if the Linoone, Starr, was about to say something important-perhaps their foreign status-before the Azumarill, Clara, crashed her foot down. Pheobe decided that any further conversation would be handled strictly through telepathy right now.

<"If you don’t want LOTS of attention, I recommend using only telepathy when other Pokemon are around. Foreigners are really unheard of. You could… pretend that you’re mute, or something? Just an idea,"> Perish suggested.

<"Agreed,"> Pheobe 'said,' sending the message to Hyperion and Oceanus as well. <"I don't want everyone looking at us funny. They'll either kill us or be obsessed with us, and neither is good. Until we can learn the language we pass off as being very, very quiet, OK?">

The other two Pokemon just silently nodded.

<"We really don't have anywhere to stay or go and, uhh...Oceanus is good at fighting,"> Pheobe said. <"I think it's in our best interests to stick together for the time being, right? We trust each other, right?">

"I wan to see what this meeting is about..." Oceanus thought.

"I just want to go somewhere safe, and these Safehavens have 'safe' in the name!" Hyperion mentally exclaimed."But I suppose keeping together for the time being is probably for the better..."

Pheobe was in deep thought. Oceanus...She didn't look too hard but she had a good feeling he was as ferocious and powerful as he looked. It would be a waste to put him to doing anything that wasn't labor or joining a Scavenger team (which sounded an awful lot like the Exploration Teams). As for Hyperion, well, he was a thief...And didn't trust him to do anything in the Safehaven, not even shopkeep like he might want to.

Plus...Pheobe herself was mildy intrigued at adventuring and such, and it felt better to actually go about and do something. She did make a Machamp's head explode...It would be a shame if that kind of power went to waste...

<"I think there might be more to discuss between the three of us. Want to tag along with her for now?">

"Sure." Oceanus thought.

"No, I want to go back to the Safehaven." Hyperion thought.

<"Well, they're heading towards a Safehaven, so it looks to be unanimous."> Pheobe 'said.' Hyperion gave her the stink-eye but she didn't care. <"...Do you think we should join a Scavenger Team?">

"I'm fine with that."

"I don't believe so."

<"Well, I do, and with Oceanus that's two of three, a majority. You're outvoted,"> Pheobe 'said.' <"If you feel to disagree, I can inform her that you were a petty thief and con-artist.">

Hyperion looked angry, but quite frankly unable to respond at the idea of his little credibility being destroyed. He was really sour about having said that to two people he was mildly assured would be somewhat appeased by his criminal nature, and not amnesiacs.

Satisfied with the outcome, Pheobe turned to Perish. <"We've decided to go with you, for now at least, and join a Scavenger team of our own. If it isn't much trouble to you, anyways. Would be too much of a shame to let Oceanus'es...Err, combat potential, go to waste.">

Avatar by the incredibly awesome Neo Emolga.

Zigzagoon: Hatch @8,669; Linoone @ Level 100: 8,829

My VPP Stats! - My Prism Stats! - My URPG Stats!
    BEHOLD THEM AND DESPAIR!!

GUITAR WARROIR! medeleymedeleymedeleyMOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!

RGS, FHS, LVS, PSS
    Fractured Heavens Safehaven
    ARPers: @Neo Emolga, @Gef, @Alphys, @Morzone

“...I do not know which Corrupted will try to attack me, only that there is a very high chance of one or more locating me, and if they locate me then they will attack and attempt to turn me into a Corrupted as well. As I have already told you, it seems to be an instinct of the Corrupted to seek out and corrupt any other Legendary they can find,” Darkrai said. “I… believe there to be a few Legendary Pokemon living in Silent Tundra, who have avoided detection by Corrupted because of how difficult Silent Tundra is to navigate. However, I do not know how many there are, which ones they are, or where exactly they are located inside it. However, most Legendaries can detect the presence of another when close enough, and I am hoping to rely on that to find them when I arrive there.”

“Then again,” Isa said, “He could be lying about this all. He’s had hundreds upon hundreds of years to perfect acting skills, and everyone knows Dark types always lie.”

Aurora frowned at Isa. “But why would you say that? You’re a Dark type, you’re saying that you’re lying, but that’s a… paradox… Ugh.” The swoobat groaned.

Yuko facapalmed. “Isa. This is serious. Please stop toying with everyone’s heads.” Isa shrugged, chuckling.

Darkrai remained silent for the moment.

Perish, Clara, Starr
    Fullmoon Highway
    ARPers: @The Nonexistent Tazz

We've decided to go with you, for now at least, and join a Scavenger team of our own. If it isn't much trouble to you, anyways. Would be too much of a shame to let Oceanus'es...Err, combat potential, go to waste.

Perish nodded. Good, good… We can discuss this later today. The golurk is Adflatus. Adflatus is a pet feral, owned by a rotom named Gleam, who when battling possesses Adflatus so he can fight better. Also, Gleam is a beta in Last Vestige Safehaven, which mostly focuses on inventing and engineering things.

“So, if they’re really that strong, who are they?” Gleam asked.

“The braixen is named Phoebe, the pidgeot is named Hyperion, and the samurott is named Oceanus,” Perish said, nodding at each Foreigner in turn. “They’ve also decided to join our Safehaven, and create a scavenger team.”

Clara and Starr gave the gourgeist confused looks. ‘Telepathy, fill you in later’ Perish mouthed.

Adflatus’ head nodded. “Right. So… To be clear, you don’t have anything important to do on Fullmoon Highway, right?”

“Not unless using it to get to Fractured Heavens counts,” Starr said.

“And are you guys coming, too?” Gleam asked.

“None of them really talk a lot, they communicate through Phoebe’s telepathy,” Perish explained. “And yes, they are coming.”

Adflatus’ face frowned. “...Why?”

“I think they might find that question a bit rude,” Clara said.

“Oh. Right, sorry,” Gleam apologized. “Hmm… We may be slowed down a bit, but I should still be able to fly with all of them. So long as that pidgeot can keep up.”

“Wait, we’re really getting a ride?” Starr asked.

The golurk nodded, and knelt down. Starr let out a cry of excitement, before dashing over to it and clambering up until he was perched on Adflatus’ shoulder.

Clara muttered something, and she and Perish moved to get on to Adflatus. Perish wrapped her arms around the golurk’s arm, while Clara gripped as tightly as she could to its back.

“Hang on tightly,” Gleam hummed.

((OOC: Short post, but not much to really say.))

Hyperion/Pheobe/Oceanus
    Fullmoon Highway, En-Route to Fractured Heavens Safehaven
    The Affected: @LKWayvern

<"Good, good… We can discuss this later today. The golurk is Adflatus. Adflatus is a pet feral, owned by a rotom named Gleam, who when battling possesses Adflatus so he can fight better. Also, Gleam is a beta in Last Vestige Safehaven, which mostly focuses on inventing and engineering things."> Perish telepathed to Pheobe, who relayed the information to her teammates likewise. While the Betas and Perish chatted, the trio exchanged mental words at each other-using a mildly more advanced form of telepathy to commune between the three with no middleman, which was somewhat straining on Pheobe's telepathy. It was funny-she got more used to it the more she used it...

"Why specifically must we go on a Scavenger team rather than a safer occupation? I'd be perfectly content running a shop or farming in the Safehaven but-"

<"You know exactly why. Plus, we're the only ones that can directly communicate without telepathy-that can be useful on an island where no-one understands our language. Oh, and we can't just let Oceanus and his talent for violence go to waste...However gritty it gets.">

"Was it really that bad?" Oceanus thought.

<"Yes. Pray that your temper doesn't lose you."> Pheobe replied, looking as Adflatus frowned at a statement Perish made, for some reason.

"I kind of just did what came to me as, well, appropriate." Oceanus thought.

"While attacking bandits sounds all well and good, can we agree that you will have to restrain yourself better in, say, sparring matches?" Hyperion thought.

"A what?"

Pheobe was about to explain when she noticed Starr rush up the Golurk's shoulders. As Clara and Perish moved to climb on...<"I think...I think they're giving us a lift to the Safehaven.">

<"Uhh...So we just climb on?"> Oceanus thought.

<"I think...">

"I'm a fast flier, I can keep up with it, I believe...And I'd rather not get caught alone..." Hyperion thought, forgetting for a second that Pheobe and Oceanus were both listening.

Pheobe climbed and grasped onto the other arm of the Golurk, while Oceanus, having few unoccupied grab points other than the legs (which was risky for its own reasons), opted to wrap around close to the head (but not actually at the neck). Hyperion, meanwhile, took off high, ready to tail Adflatus to the best of his ability.

Members of Team FireStorm
    Fracture Heavens Safehaven
    Affected RP'ers: @Gef @Neo Emolga @Alphys @LKWayvern

Stone pondered Darkrai's words for a moment before motioning to Shock and torch to come over to him. "What do you two think?"

"I don't like it, it feels like a trap and a trick." Torch said.

"I didn't see any signs that he was lying as he spoke, but he may be good at hiding such signs as well." Shock replied.

Stone thought. "Let's say we agree, what would the situation be?"

"Well, if we went alone its likely we'd run into a legend, possibly multiple legends. We haven't been able to test ourselves against a legend so I can't say for sure, but I highly doubt we'd stand a chance if multiple attacked us. But there's also the possibility we will lose the support of the other pokemon as well as from our own safehaven. The crowds believe legends to be mindless killing monsters and our current leader doesn't like to get involved with dangerous things, or even other safehavens." Shock described.

"A gloomy picture, though if it came to light that some legends were not evil and we'd helped save them as well as helped defeat the evil ones, we could be seen as heroes." Torch added.

"And if it turned out to be true when we refused we wouldn't be doing our jobs" Stone included. All three were silent for a moment before Torch sighed and said,

"We don't need to go to a vote do we? There's only one real option here. I just hope we're strong enough when worst comes to worst."

Shock nodded in agreement and stone turned back to Darkrai.

"In risk of losing our positions as well as a number of other things, Team firestorm accepts your mission, Darkrai."

VPP

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Magnum/Apex/Zilch/Sledge
    Team Lockdown
    Relic Graveyard Safehaven
    Affected RPers: @Gef @Morzone @Alphys @LKWayvern

Magnum and his followers were extremely skeptical of Darkrai's initial claims. To the Typhlosion, it didn't make the slightest bit of sense for there to be a civil war among the legendaries. In the meantime, he found it hard to imagine a time when the legendaries were once worshipped. The very idea of kneeling before idols and repeating chants and offering tributes to the legendaries was something Magnum couldn't help but be disgusted at.

Upon hearing that it was from an unknown source of corruption, Magnum refused to believe that either and felt it was simply Darkrai attempting a bluff to save his own hide considering he was in a very desperate situation. He also found it amusing that Darkrai claimed he would be able to escape if he were to be attacked with this many Pokémon facing him down.

"You're full of crap!" Zilch shouted. "What proof of this do you have, huh!?"

Stone, however, politely asked for more of the details. Zilch looked at the Rhyperior, wondering why he was willing to believe Darkrai, but decided hearing the dark legendaries bound to be bogus response might be amusing before the order was given to strike him down. Normally, Team Lockdown didn't hesitate or taunt the intended targets before striking, but this was a special case scenario.

Darkrai, instead, only claimed that the Corrupted sought only to spread this unknown corruption even further, and that being relocated to the Silent Tundra was simply to avoid detection. The details were also very vague. Darkrai claimed to not know how many legendary Pokémon were involved and affected.

Isa claimed he was lying, and Zilch nodded, just itching impatiently for the order to go ahead and strike him dead. However, she wasn't expecting what came next.

"In risk of losing our positions as well as a number of other things," Shock told Darkrai and the others. "Team Firestorm accepts your mission."

Zilch looked to the Electrivire like he had suddenly grown two additional heads.

"I hope you're kidding," Zilch spat at him. "You actually believe this vague-sounding crap and you're willing to help him for it!? Do you have any idea how difficult it's going to be to track him again once you drop his sorry carcass off in the Silent Tundra? He doesn't have any proof of any of this! He's desperate and he's bluffing his way out of extermination!"

"Zilch and Isa are right," Magnum growled, a bit aggravated they were having this discussion in the first place. "There's no evidence that any of this idiocy is true. Don't even dare thinking of giving him sanctuary in Silent Tundra. But if you really believe his lies, I say at the bare minimum, we keep him prisoner until he proves his claims are true. But if he can't prove them within a month's time, his life is over."

Zilch wasn't too fond of Magnum's alternate recommendation and would have preferred to just strike Darkrai dead on the spot, but she could see the Typhlosion was trying to negotiate a middle ground to at least justify the kill before the Team Firestorm naysayers. Normally, Zilch wouldn't have considered using a captive legendary, but she could see where leveraging him to achieve more of their goals might be beneficial before they eventually disposed of him.

RGS, FHS, LVS, PSS
    ARPers: @Neo Emolga, @Gef, @Alphys, @Morzone

Darkrai closed his one visible eye, and nodded respectfully to the rhyperior, magmortar, and electivire. “Thank you. Very much.”

Darkrai then turned to Team Lockdown. “I do not have proof, besides this. If I was truly evil and wished you all dead, why in the stars’ name would I be standing here before you? When I battle, I very rarely face my foes head on. I never do so when I am outnumbered and outgunned. I am risking a lot asking you all for help. If I truly wanted you dead, then every night I would torment you with nightmares, driving you deeper into insanity and depression, until you did the deed yourself.” Darkrai crossed his arms. “Nevertheless, there is little I can do to convince you of my innocence. Your team, and leaders, are determined to see me as a coldhearted killer. And therefore nothing I or my kin could ever do would convince you otherwise, am I correct in stating?”

“...I’m willing to let him speak,” Crownless admitted. “But I would not trust him as far as he could throw me.”

Aurora and Silver exchanged a glance.

“...I still don’t know why we’re letting him speak,” Silver huffed.

“I would not object if someone were to accidentally let slip an attack, so we could place him in… custody,” Yuko trailed off.

“And it would be a shame not to study him while in ‘custody’,” Isa continued, using his claws to make air quotes.

Darkrai gave those leaders a disappointed frown.

“I believe him,” Crim said.

Aurora frowned. “Wh--, but why?” Aurora asked.

“Yuko,” Crim asked. “True or false. In myths you have researched, Darkrai is shy, and hates confrontations.”

“...True,” Yuko said. “But… those myths that I study are old. Stories can change over time. Slips of the tongue, exaggerations, metaphors--”

“And does Darkrai, in fact, have the power to drive us insane with nightmares?”

“Darkrai’s the king of nightmares, if anyone can do it it’s him,” Isa said.

“I cannot see any other logical reason why Darkrai would come here, unless he has become suicidal. And if that is the case, I cannot see why he would convince us not to kill him, unless he was so old he had dementia. Or was just crazy,” Crim said, rather bluntly.

“...In that case, I support Crim’s decision,” Knight said.

Silver snorted. “You would.”

“Also,” Crim said. “If there really is a group of Legendaries on my Safehaven’s doorstep, I would prefer to know as soon as possible.”

Knight looked over at Brenton. “...Brenton, you have not spoken your opinion about this…”

The ambipom shrugged. “He can’t kill all of us,” Brenton said. “Like he said. Outnumbered and outgunned. One of us will get him at some point in the fight.”

Crownless crossed his arms and closed his eyes, looking slightly annoyed.

Perish, Clara, Starr, Gleam, Adflatus
    Skies Above Kaelus
    ARPers: @The Nonexistent Tazz

Adflatus flew low in the skies, keeping away from the Bloodcloud Wall. Despite his altitude, however, the golurk did fly rather fast, but at a speed Hyperion would probably be able to keep up with.

In a short period of time at that travelling speed, the small group of Foreigners and Safehaven leaders would soon see a squat concrete building. The grey highway that was Fullmoon Highway ended close to the building.

Adflatus landed outside that building, and Perish, Clara, and Starr disembarked. What looked like an umbreon wearing some kind of lightweight armor ran out from the shadows of the building.

“Gleam, sir! You found the Cloudview Cliffs leaders, then?” the umbreon asked. “And… who are they?”

“Yeah, he did! We’re the group from Cloudview!” Perish said. “And that group is one of our newer teams. We ran into some trouble along the way. Maybe you could show them and my beta Clara to your infirmary?”

“Oh! Of course,” the umbreon nodded. Then its rings glowed brightly as it used Psychic to lift the door of the concrete building. “There are signs inside. They should be able to point the way.”

“Thank you,” Clara said, as the leader and betas headed into the building.

Members of Team FireStorm
    Fracture Heavens Safehaven
    Affected RP'ers: @Neo Emolga @Alphys @LKWayvern

Shock and Torch both looked visibly relieved that Crim had believed Darkrai as well. Both had been worried about consequences if she hadn't.

Stone took a step forward and cleared his throat. "If I may say something to the other teams." He paused before continuing,

"There is, in our safehaven, a piece of advertisement for the formation of teams. Below side the exaggerated picture of a group of heroic looking pokemon, there is a code of honor: 'On the honor of our team, we will do our best to do our duty to our safehaven, to help others at all times, to protect the innocent, the weak, the needy, and always put the safety of others first.' "

Stone paused again, seemingly immersed in memory. "Whether its a mere advertisement scheme or a code a team follows to the word, do you not think this covers the purpose of a team? If there's an innocent pokemon in need, is it not our job to make sure they are safe? If Darkrai needs our help, is it not our job to help him? Is the risk truly too great to ignore the possibility of a number of innocent pokemon who need assistance?"

His voice rose, pride swelling in each statement. "Who are we to refuse the possibility of great need? It is our duty to take risks for the sake of others! There is no fault in the team who is willing to put aside certainty and aid those who can not be proven to exist. But I ask you this: Where is the honor of the team who will not go to the aid of those in need merely because there is risk of humiliation and mistake?"

As Stone finished, Shock and Torch watched their leader with some surprise. They hadn't seen him this worked up about a mission in a long time.

VPP

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Magnum/Apex/Zilch/Sledge
    Team Lockdown
    Relic Graveyard Safehaven
    Affected RPers: @Gef @Morzone @Alphys @LKWayvern

Much to the Typhlosion's dismay, he was overruled by his leader, Crownless, but only ever so slightly. Crim, however, believed Darkrai despite the opinions of many others in the room.

Stone of Team Firestorm tried to persuade the others to listen to Darkrai and observe the code of honor. Magnum, however, found the words hard to swallow, especially in the current situation.

"Risk of humiliation and mistake?" Magnum asked, wondering how Stone could possibly be thinking this way. "I understand your point about protecting the innocent and the needy, but this is different! This isn't an ordinary Pokémon asking for help! I would be willing to help even a Pokémon that wasn't one of our own, but Darkrai is anything but weak, innocent, or needy! He hasn't been able to provide any shred of truth or evidence to these claims!"

Sledge, despite his feelings of compassion, could understand why proof and validation were important to his leader. If any of them were betrayed and killed as a result, it would be devastating to the Safehavens, and they would all feel like fools for having trusted a perceived enemy. The large and heavily built Aggron only wished Darkrai could provide some shred of proof, because he knew himself that speculation and rumors were something Team Lockdown never relied upon and took at full face value until something proved those claims true.

"I want to believe..." Sledge told Stone, looking sympathetic. "I want to believe Darkrai is innocent and perhaps not all legendaries are evil and are out to destroy the Safehavens. But in my time, I have seen too many lives lost and too much devastation. I've made mistakes that I wish I could take back, and I don't want this to be yet another one that burns in my heart. In these dark times, it can be hard to trust outsiders, especially ones that are believed to be affiliated with the enemy."

He then turned to Darkrai, hoping for some kind of mediation between the Pokémon in the room and the dark legendary.

"Darkrai, you need to see things from our perspective as well," the Aggron told him. "Our world has been shattered, darkened, and blighted by the many you considered corrupted, making it vital we distinguish carefully between our friends and foes. Our list of friends and allies grows shorter by the day as many friends and family fall to what you believe are the Corrupted. Because of this, if you cannot prove these claims here, we need proof and promise that you mean no harm, and that your words are true."

Zilch rolled her eyes, thinking Sledge was being way too lenient with Darkrai, but she decided to bear with it solely on the basis of the fact she expected Darkrai to be unable to produce anything and make a complete mockery of himself prior to being exterminated. Meanwhile, Apex the Emolga kept his eyes on Darkrai, analyzing his movements and behaviors at all time, taking in all the nonverbal cues and body language to discern the dark Pokémon's next moves. He knew he needed to be careful and leave nothing to chance, as it could be a very deadly mistake if those details were overlooked.

"You heard him," Magnum told Stone and Darkrai, referring to Sledge's request. "Trust and respect are earned, not given. "I don't take on any mission if I don't trust the client and get the details I need, and neither does the rest of my team. Anyone who does is a fool and will sooner or later end up dead because they assumed everything they believed was true."

Magnum felt it was a strong point that Stone would be hard-pressed to argue against. However, it all came down to what Crownless believed Darkrai should do. If the Nidoking gave the order to follow Darkrai's words, he had to follow them whether he liked it or not.

RGS, FHS, LVS, PSS
    ARPers: @Gef, @Alphys, @Morzone, @Neo Emolga

Darkrai crossed his arms, silently listening to Stone’s speach.

Upon hearing Sledge and Magnum, however, Darkrai closed his eyes.

“...I can tell you the names of the Corrupted. I can tell you their powers that I know of. I can tell you which Legendaries may attempt to aid you, if they knew you would not slay them on sight,” Darkrai said. “I cannot give you proof, because I have no proof you would trust. For years, the Corrupteds have purposefully slaughtered mortal Pokemon. And this is a travesty. If by proof you mean you would like me to go out and drag Reshiram themself into this room so that they may reaffirm that all I have spoken is pure truth, I cannot do that. If you would like me to locate Celebi and Dialga for you, that you may go back in time and witness the events as they happened, to see with your own eyes that I speak the truth, I cannot do that either. I have no solid evidence, no signed confession of the guilt of a Corrupted, and you have proven you refuse to trust my words alone.” The Dark Legendary sighed, opened his eyes, and turned to Sledge. “I was not expecting many teams to trust me, let alone accept my mission. If you are determined to see me as a villain, why are you so focused on my providing evidence to the contrary? Nevertheless.. Promise that I will not harm you, unless you attack me with intention to kill, I can readily give. And as for your second request, I am going to ask you. What kind of proof would make you believe me?”

It was at this point that Perish, Starr, and Adflatus entered the room.

The three stared at Darkrai. Perish and Darkrai in particular seemed to make eye contact for several seconds, before Perish broke eye contact and glanced about the room.

“...What’d we miss??” Starr asked, sounding very confused, as was understandable.

((The skip is mildly annoying but in this case it honestly works well as I can cut to the chase and get on the same page as everyone else. Also, the 4th member of this impromptu team will probably be introduced after this post...))

Hyperion/Pheobe/Oceanus
    Fullmoon Highway, En-Route to Fractured Heavens Safehaven
    The Affected: @LKWayvern @Neo Emolga @Morzone @Alphys @Gef

Only a few seconds behind Perish and Starr came Hyperion, Pheobe and Oceanus. Given their states they must have looked sorry compared to the other teams, present and professional, though to be fair they were just recently named, were probably going to be outfitting themselves shortly, and no-one was going to give a single pile of soot for that, there was a Legendary trying to have civil conversation. For the trio, this was just after being told Legends were basically out to slaughter them.

A few minutes before, they weren't expecting much of the Safehaven. It was a square concrete building for pete's sake. Hyperion was especially displeased, and suddenly reconsidered the idea of being in a Scavenger Squad as such a bad thing if it meant he got to stretch his wings.

The building was deceptive, however. For one, clearly the building was made to withstand attacks. For another, it was also made to hide the fact that, beneath it, it was jammed to the gills with Pokemon. Pokemon everywhere, doing everything imaginable. One pitching a product, one delivering a rudimentary newspaper, one even farming, and a dozen or so people wearing the Dark Red that occasionally appeared in banners. The walls were metal, the floor was the odd stone that appeared on the 'Fullmoon Highway,' and on any other day it might have been the sight for some archaeologists to excitedly pour over, but here it was a bustling city the likes of which none of the trio had ever seen. They passed by Pokemon that none of them had ever even seen before. Pheobe swore she saw another Shiny Pokemon, even.

It only made Hyperion feel even better about being drafted, in effect, but that was hardly a concern now. The real concern was that everyone was in close proximity to a Legendary Pokemon.

It certainly did not make their odds of survival look good, even if this didn't seem to come to blows. They came in on a very critical juncture and it appears they might wind up being shoved into a situation.. It just seemed to be one calamity after another. Perish, by contrast, stared the legend direct in the face for several seconds, perhaps a testament to just how serene she could be. Almost a bit detached, really. Starr seemed much less calm about it, though, and really mirrored the trio's expressions of surprise, sans the hints of despair in Hyperion and Pheobe's face.

Oceanus, meanwhile, just kind of took this in like he was hearing of unexpected rainstorm. Mildly confusing but hardly bothersome.

<"This certainly wasn't my idea of a way to start our new careers,"> Pheobe telepathed to the other two.

"So do I kill him?" Oceanus asked, absentmindedly.

"Didn't you hear the bit on Legends being the creators of our world? He'd just kill you before you could attack! Don't even try it! Plus, this seems to be resolving itself," Hyperion thought back.

<"Yeah...Yeah,"> Pheobe telepathed.

"Sooo...What are they talking about?" Oceanus asked.

<"I don't know, we've just arrived,"> Pheobe responded. <"Probably something to do with...Darkrai? His name is Darkrai, yes, I think...Mythological Pokemon of Nightmares...>

She looked around the room, primarily steeled for questions but also for answers, and hoping she and the others didn't step on a proverbial landmine just by walking in. Hyperion just kept his eyes on the potentially-deadly Legend. Oceanus just stared at everything, trying to absorb it all, with all the teams and leaders and colors, and everyone looking at this Darkrai figure...He didn't look too special to Oceanus.