Character Design Update

@Alphys

Okay, so I don't typically do major character design changes- especially for characters who HAVE made a formal appearance in the comic, however- I felt this to be fitting.

So, some of you may or may not remember Alvira- she's the shiny Ninetales seen in Chapter One. No? Probably not. Her appearance was quite brief. Just to refresh- here's the panel she appeared in.

So, as some of you are aware, we got some new Gen 7 information today. For those trying to stay in the dark about Gen 7 stuff, I advise you close this tab now. Below will contain some new info.

Alvira is now an Alola Ninetales instead of a shiny Ninetales. This isn't a choice that was made lightly or for the heck of it. Put simply- it works best for her story. I'll give the spoiler-free version of her backstory:

Alvira is from a small, isolated group of Ninetales that lives in a very snowy/cold/mountainous place. As a result, they have adapted to have white fur to better blend in with their surroundings.

So you can see why I decided Alola form to better suit, yes? So as of today, she is now Ice/Fairy. Since I have plans to redo earlier pages, her design will be corrected in-comic at a later date.

Here's a sneak-peak of her new design. This is also a sneak-peak of the next Patreon Postcard.

2. This post has been liked by:

I really like this new design, and I can see why you made that choice! ^^

There's a character who is a Ninetales in an RP I've started, who isn't Shiny but is pure white. I'm considering changing her to an Alolan Ninetales, (since she hasn't used any moves yet, and lives in a very snowy area right between a mountain range and a tundra), but that might be a bit awkward to do. Since it's an RP that's started already and all...

But yeah. Alvira's new design is beautiful! ^^

Quote Originally Posted by LKWayvern View Post
    I really like this new design, and I can see why you made that choice! ^^

There's a character who is a Ninetales in an RP I've started, who isn't Shiny but is pure white. I'm considering changing her to an Alolan Ninetales, (since she hasn't used any moves yet, and lives in a very snowy area right between a mountain range and a tundra), but that might be a bit awkward to do. Since it's an RP that's started already and all...

But yeah. Alvira's new design is beautiful! ^^
    Yeee! Thanks! I figured it was a reasonable choice. Also, she hasn't done anything of note yet in the comic- no moves, no abilities, etc.- so it's not like I'd be doing any changes other than appearances at this stage. It's also been -years- since I drew her, so an updated drawing of her was long overdue anyway.

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Yeah I think this is the right decision given her backstory and all. Really it's up to you and ultimately you make the decisions. Don't feel obligated to change something if you don't want to, but I think this is a good decision nonetheless.
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

@Alphys
    Thanks! I WANT to make this choice though- it just seems so fitting. I wish I could go more in depth into her backstory, but there be spoilers I have to avoid. </3 She's been needing a new drawing for years though. Her last appearances are... old. Old old old art.

Here's the finished version.

7. This post has been liked by:

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

That looks amazing! I had so much fun watching you draw it last night. Can't wait to see more of her in the comic in the future.
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire