Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

[RP] World Enimga - The Labyrinth Wish

World Enigma - The Labyrinth Wish

Can be found right here.

A HIDDEN WORLD COLLAPSES

It all started in Hoenn, Route 100.

The Trick House, owned and run by the anonymous and enigmatic "Trick Master," was thought to be a local tourist attraction in Hoenn to test the wit and resourcefulness of trainers and travelers alike. Home to many puzzles, mazes, and other fun house-like setups, many people thought it was simply for casual entertainment. And there were many that visited what seemed like an innocent fun house and left without suspecting a thing.

But there were several, including yourself, that entered with the belief that it was nothing more than a game. However, unlike many of the others, you took a different turn, found a passage into a whole new underground level, and discovered a whole different wonderland-like world where reality was dismantled, logic was thrown into bedlam, and everything you once knew about how things work was wrong. However, by the time you realized there was something incredibly disturbing about this place, you discovered escape was impossible. The way you came in took you somewhere completely different, and you joined the many that were lost within the realms of the Trick House's Underground mazes and wonderland chaos.

Despite the warnings of not to drink or eat anything or risk transformation, you had to suffer through it, as well as having no idea where one door would take you next. For many days, you suffered being transformed into many different things and being whisked away to places that constantly tricked and disoriented you. Meanwhile, the questions lingered on. Who really is the Trick Master and why was he doing this? How could any of this be possible?

Through collective efforts, one group of trainers had vowed to find a way to stop this, or else they knew they could very well spend the rest of eternity in this bizarre place. They found a way to cheat the Trick House Underground, marking the walls and the floors with warnings, notes about what each element did, and where doors would take people. Eventually, the Trick Master discovered this and caused the first dreamworld to collapse only to be replaced by a dark, more nefarious one.

After causing massive, catastrophic damage to the darker dream realm, one of the trainers involved in this mission was contacted by Jirachi, who revealed that the Trick Master's power and ability to even do all this in the first place was granted by her wishes. While trying to guide the trainers in secret and help them cause further damage to the dream realm, the Trick Master attempted to create whatever he could to prevent his Trick House realm from falling apart.

But while the rebellious trainers were successful in causing the dream world to collapse by causing massive damage, they could not stop the Trick Master from using the third and final wish that Jirachi was forced to give him. And that wish granted him the power to take what he was able to do here...

...and unleash it upon the entire world above.

DARKER SECRETS UNLEASHED

The Trick Master has decided to use the real world as a catalyst for his wonderland creations and new reality. Unlike before, the efforts that caused the first two renditions of the dream world to collapse cannot be done again, as it would be the end of everything. Before, almost no one knew about what was really happening in the Trick House.

Now everyone is suffering through the same mayhem, thrown into a puzzling labyrinth world where not even Arceus and his fellow legendary Pokémon can keep it under control. In the meantime, it seems the Trick Master has eagerly accepted his power as the new god, and has created his own legendary minions and emissaries to take the place of the real legendary Pokémon. There is no choice now. They all have to be defeated entirely, and both the Trick Master and his dark powers have to be completely destroyed.

But unlike everyone else suffering through the pandemonium, the long-term exposure to the Trick Master's realms built your resistances and something awakened in you when you the previous dream worlds collapsed. You were exposed to the inner secrets and workings of how this power works, and as a result, you have begun to learn how to understand and control it to your desires, an advantage that no one else has. The new warped reality no longer affects you as negatively as it does to everyone else, and because of that, the rest of the world now needs your help and has begun to look toward you for a solution.

The Trick Master now seeks to enshroud the entire world under his wonderland powers. Already, all of the regions of the world have rapidly fallen under his spell and very few places remain unaffected, but even those safe zones are quickly disappearing. In the meantime, he seeks to eliminate Arceus and the other legendaries all to replace them with himself and his own creations. And lastly, he seeks to eliminate you and the rest of the captives that suffered through the first dream realms.

Many question if the real world will ever fully recover from this incident and if things will ever go back to normal if the Trick Master is defeated. We have no choice but to find out the truth eventually.

KNOWN DISCOVERIES

Most people and Pokémon have only just recently been exposed to the chaos. However, you and your Pokémon are already painfully familiar with the following:

TRANSFORMATION - As before, getting transformed is a very common occurrence. Eating or drinking anything that the Trick Master's powers have tampered with will transform both humans and Pokémon into just about anything.

Your Power - You and your Pokémon have some control and power over this effect and can slightly govern how it will affect you. In the beginning, you can at least stop it from transforming you into something terrible or something you had been before that was bearable to you. As you "train" yourself in how it works, you can eventually use this effect to become certain Pokémon or creatures you want to become, and eventually became so adept that you can become whatever you want to at whim.

REALITY DEFIANCE - As before, the Trick House realms were a nonsensical wonderland that had doors and holes pop out of nowhere, physical space and the passage of time had no bearing, and physics and basic chemistry had been completely overruled. Now, the real world is affected, and unlike before, destroying it all is just as bad as destroying it all when it was normal.

Your Power - Now, you're able to foresee when these occurrences will happen, while everyone else will be shocked and surprised. It will feel a lot like having psychic powers and foresight. As your powers of control get stronger, you'll be able to govern how these wonderland elements behave, such as using a hole or door to decide where you want to go rather than where the wonderland world wants you to go. And in time, when you've mastered your abilities, you'll be able to create your own doors and holes and alternate reality elements to use to your advantage and against the Trick Master's forces.

DEATH - Death behaves strangely now. As before in the Trick House realms, death caused the victim to respawn somewhere else as something else entirely. The safe effect happens now, but some wonder if this will be allowed to persist if the Trick Master is eliminated.

Your Power - The Trick Master is seeking to eliminate you permanently, but right now, the only way to do that is to try and entrap you forever or send you many galaxies away. You are actually beyond death at this point and dying only helps you manipulate it further to your advantage. The result is the Trick Master is now seeking to bestow a fate even worse than death upon you.

RULES

• Follow the basic Pokémon Crossroads rules and the RP rules.
    • God-modding is very loose on this one. As long as it doesn't get too ridiculous, the more you let your imagination run wild, the better, and it's allowed to go pretty far on this one, just so as long as it's not detrimental to other RPers.
    • No direct bunnying, although you can slightly influence what happens to other people.
    • Keep it PG-13 and under. Some areas of the Trick House Underground can be dark and scary, but they're not excessively gory, vulgar, or perverted.
    • You're free to create whatever the Trick Master is using as minions and legendaries as well as the absurd way everything is being warped around. Even the most oddball of stuff is fine.
    • If you were in the Hoenn Enigma: Seeds of Secrets RP, you can use your previous character(s). don't worry too much about trying to catch them up with what happened since the last RP, just have them begin like everyone else.

Also, include your character's name in the header, what they currently are, and their location. This also helps other RPers (however that happens) to find you and interact with your character.

@Shenili; @LKWayvern @Morzone @Alphys

Senior Administrator

Jonathan Bradshaw - Bellossom
    Slateport City, Hoenn
    Affected RPers: N/A

To put it lightly, things definitely didn't go according to plan.

I wasn't surprised with how the Trick Master used that third and final wish. Before, only less than a hundred people had to deal with that bastard's fabricated bullcrap. Now, everyone on the planet was dealing with it.

I managed to make my way to Slateport City, or at least I was pretty sure it was Slateport City. With the way the Trick Master hijacked the world now, you could fall down a hole and end up on the other side of the planet. But you'd be lucky if you were able to tell where exactly you ended up. Some random village in Johto could look like Toon Town now while even your own house could be made up of cotton balls. Apparently, having his basement world destroyed was enough for this psycho to declare war on Arceus and turn it all into a creation war.

And I was NOT on this guy's friend list. The Trick Master didn't want me dead. Oh no, he wanted me suffering. I had been a nail in his foot when it came to dismantling his dream worlds and I was sure he was trying to find me. He had me turned into a zombie before and then into a disgustingly fat Goodra before I managed to get under the radar again. But if he found me, I could swear it was going to get even worse.

I had picked up a few skills in the wake of his dream world falling apart. They were minor for now, but I was able to take on forms that I had been before. So on that note, I was able to go incognito as a Bellossom. The nice thing about this was there was no telling me apart from a normal Bellossom. Heck, I had even made friends with two normal Bellossom and they couldn't even tell I was using this form as a disguise. Their names were Jubilee and Lei, and I decided to go under the name of Wishflower. It would be suicide to use my real name, because I wasn't sure who was listening.

We had met up in Slateport City, which, under the Trick Master's influence, had become like a candyland gingerbread village. Everything was made up of candy, chocolate, or some sugary edible junk. The scary thing was I wasn't even sure if these kinds of changes were permanent now. Even if we blew the Trick Master's brains out, would this stuff go back to normal even if his guts were plastered on the wall? If it didn't, we were in deep crap, and I wasn't sure how any of the legendary Pokémon could deal with it. But for now, the three of us looked around, trying to grasp our bearings while being on the lookout for any people or Pokémon that needed help.

"This is all so strange," Jubilee told me, looking around. "All of this is the work of a single man?"

"I really don't know what would drive a human to do something ridiculous like this," I told her with a sigh, trying to act in character to keep the concealment. "My biggest hope is things go back to normal once someone finds him and stops him."

"I've grown to really hate this," Lei muttered in disdain. "Nothing makes sense now, and both human and Pokémon settlements have been totally warped in frustrating ways. Not to mention I've seen terrible things happen to both humans and Pokémon. There's so much shock, confusion, and everyone looks so lost..."

Again, even that was putting it mildly. All I had to do was look around and see homes, stores, and office buildings now made of sugary candy. The cobbled stone path we were on was now made of chocolate bricks while the sand on the shore was now made of cookie crumbles. And it was starting to snow tiny clumps of cotton candy. Last time I checked, it was supposed to still be summer, but still, snow in summer would have been extremely mild in comparison to all the other weirdness that was going on.

"Let's keep sticking together," Jubilee suggested, keeping her optimistic smile and wink. "Things may look a little bleak, but at least we've got each other."

"Exactly," I smiled. "Let's take a look around and see if anyone needs our help."

Either that, or find the Trick Master's deranged minions and blow them up into pieces. Around here, both of those were possible.

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Sloane Jackson & Azlan- Human & Azelf Gijinka
    Slateport City, Hoenn
    Affected RPers: @Neo Emolga

The Oasis had been a trap. It was unsurprising given how too conveniently placed the whole concept of the respite had been in the first place. Yet, despite her suspicions, Sloane was still suffering the consequences of entering the accursed place. For a while, after the events of the Trick House's collapse, Sloane had blamed the side effects she was currently suffering on Shiloh, for pushing her through. And yet, Sloane knew deep down she had no one to blame for herself. Now she was trying to resist the ever growing fog on her mind in hopes of locating Dylan. There was just one problem, the Oasis survivors. Just like Sloane, the other survivors from the Oasis were suffering from the mental fog as well, and it was dividing them. That had been the trap the whole time. The Trick Master had used the mist from the Oasis to enter the minds of the Oasis survivors in an attempt to control or dispose of them. Sloane was able to resist it, but only because she was aware of its presence. Not everyone else was so lucky.

Sloane's breaths came quickly as her feet beat against the frosted ground. Eyesight sharp, ears tuned, and fingers tightly grasping the sleek metal machine within them, Sloane kept a constant scan of the area, Azlan covering her blind spots when he could. In the short time the two had been present in the candy land that was once Slateport, the two realized that this had quickly become a war zone for Oasis survivors. With the Trick Master's influence over them, they had begun to fight among each other, forced to keep fighting an eternal Hunger Games. Sloane slid to a stop at a corner and pressed her back against the gingerbread wall. Azlan stopped beside her and waited as Sloane leaned out and scanned the upcoming intersection. Seeing the coast clear, Sloane nodded to Azlan, then the two crossed quickly.

Just as the two thought they were in the clear, a spray of bullets sent a group of candy cane trashcans flying. Sloane recoiled from the sudden attack and tried to spot him. Azlan located him first, grabbing the sniper with his psychic powers and forcing him to the ground. It took the man a moment to recover, but Sloane already had her gun pointed at his head by the time he could orient himself. The man stared up at her, emotionless, waiting for her to shoot. Sloane's eyes narrowed and her finger tightened on the trigger, the fog clouding out her thoughts. Sloane grit her teeth and began to force the fog back, the gun shaking in her hands as she resisted the Trick Master's voice inside her head. Azlan noticed the man start to move and barely stopped a bullet from hitting Sloane in the forehead. Sloane sucked in a tight breath, the bullet right at the center of her forehead. The man, now showing his concealed pistol, seemed caught off guard by Azlan's extremely quick reflexes. With a twitch of his finger, Azlan sent the bullet back at the man, missing the man's temple by less than an inch. The man stumbled back, startled, giving Sloane and Azlan enough to backtrack quickly to the intersection. They turned down the left road, hoping to lose the sniper, but this proved futile when a battle cry echoed throughout the streets of Slateport.

Sloane cast a quick glance over her shoulder and felt her heart nearly stop inside her chest. The man was too close for comfort, his pistol gleaming in the light. A good shot and that was it. Sloane ducked into another alley, Azlan close behind, and the three began to play a game of cat and mouse through the gingerbread maze. Cotton candy flakes began to fall from the sky, sticking to Sloane's clothes and hair. She turned down another turn and then another, before breaking into a wide open area with a group of three Bellossom at the edge. Hair snapping in the wind, Sloane began to charge across the open area, trying to take cover as quickly as possible. She chanced another look back to see Azlan much further behind than she remember.

"Azlan! Hurry up! That mad man is going to get us if we don't take cover now!" Sloane shouted with an annoyed tone as she halted about halfway across the clearing. Azlan's feet beat against the uneven chocolate bricks.

"Easy for you to say! You're used to that form!"

"You should really listen to the little lady, fancy pants." Sloane and Azlan froze as a bullet cut off some of Azlan's hair. Time seemed to slow as the man approached the frozen Azlan from behind. Sloane could hear her heart pounding her ears as the world zeroed in on Azlan. The man was raising his gun, putting it against Azlan's temple, his finger gripping the trigger like life was dependent on it. Adrenaline began to beat through Sloane's veins and she reacted on instinct, raising her own gun in the blink an eye and firing without a second thought. The man's head snapped back and he collapsed on the ground, his body disappearing moments later. Azlan fell with him, more out of shock than anything else. His head slowly rose after a moment, and there was no mistaking the emotion evident in his golden eyes. Horror. Sloane took deep breaths in and out, her hands shaking as she gripped her own pistol tight enough that her knuckles went white. She looked away, her eyes cast to the ground.

"I had to do it," she whispered quietly. Azlan didn't respond, just watching Sloane. Sloane slowly turned her back to the Azelf and began to make her way out of the clearing. However, before she could exit, a knife froze in front of her forehead, held there by Azlan's psychic. Sloane reached out and grasped the hilt of the knife, spotting her opponent instantly, a young man in a suit and top hat.

Dylan Thomas & Fox Oleander - Rapidash Centaur & Mermaid
    Route 100 Lakeside

"Ugh! Why did it only change you? Ragh! At this rate I'll be a mermaid forever!"

"I mean if it's any consolation you'll be able to get a boyfriend much easier now." Fox splashed Dylan with her tail, Dylan trying to throw up his hands in defense but it did not do much good for him. "Ow! Fox! Careful that hurts now!"

"Good! Now you can feel pain like I have since I first entered this wretched form!" Fox huffed loudly and sunk down in the water a bit. The two went silent for several minutes before Fox spoke up again. "So the world huh? I always said I wanted to be free of that house but... I didn't mean this."

"None of us wished for this," Dylan answered in a serious tone. "Well, the Trick Master did, but you understand what I meant." Dylan let out a long sigh. He scanned the area around them for any signs of life. Once again, nothing turned up. Earlier in the day there had been quite a bit of traffic through this part of what Dylan had come to assume was once Route 100. However, no one in passing had been that one Dylan sought. Fox knew Dylan longed to look for Sloane, especially after some guy had told Dylan that Sloane had entered the Trick House as well. Personally, Fox didn't trust this one bit but given everything that had happened up until now, she was willing to sacrifice trust for a means to an end. Still, Fox had someone to look for too. Hemlock was missing again. They had briefly reunited before the collapse of the Trick House, but the destruction of the world had separated them. Fox only had Dylan by her side now because she had been close enough to Dylan to be able to locate him, but no matter where she looked, Fox could not find Hemlock. She was worried sick, though she wouldn't admit it, and could only hope the roserade was okay in whatever form he had taken.

"We need to do something," Fox replied, "go somewhere and maybe try to... I don't know, destroy something." Dylan raised an eyebrow at Fox that answered her suggestion without a word. Dylan was already noodling on that one and trying to figure out how to do so. Fox rested her arms on the shore and silently tread water, observing what was once Route 100. Due to the Trick Master's madness, the place had been turned into a dense, humid jungle. It was impossible to see which direction was which and even though she had yet to encounter them, Fox could only imagine what horrors lay in the water she currently tread. Truth be told, Fox just wanted to go somewhere else, anywhere else, and just relax. A nap sounded amazing right about now. When was the last time she had slept? Fox wasn't sure, but it felt like ages. Fox felt her eyelids grow heavy and her head began to lower when Dylan suddenly snapped his fingers.

"Fox, something's coming."

Madder Hatter- Human
    Slateport City, Hoenn

He hadn't really done much to mask his presence but the mad hatter was still somewhat annoyed that someone had been able to stop his knife from piercing the young lady's skull. He had already determined that she did not need to live. Her reaction to what Madder could only assume to be her first kill was quite tragic. It made Madder feel nausea just thinking of it. The kill itself had been smooth and crisp, but that is only a small fraction of killing. The killer's reaction is always the part you savor. And Madder was not savoring this. So she had to die.

"If you could please release my knife, Mr. Fancypants, as he called you, I would appreciate it. I have other people to cut threads with today so I can't stay her and dilly dally with you stopping my knives in mid-air."

"I wouldn't release this knife even if it meant killing the Trick Master himself." Azlan flicked his hand and the knife tumbled to the side harmlessly. "Now, who dares to insult me? Might I request a nomenclature?"

"You certainly may," Madder replied, giving a wide smile and tipping his hat. "They call me, Madder Hatter, circus magician and," Madder lifted his head and made eye contact with Sloane, his eyes glowing a vibrant red, "serial killer extraordinaire."
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

Senior Administrator

Slateport City, Hoenn
    Affected RPers: @Alphys

And then, an explosion. Gunfire, mayhem, and just about everything else in the realms of total warfare broke out. I didn't know what the hell was going on, but before I decided to be an idiot and jump on in, I needed to know who was fighting who.

Thankfully, I doubted anyone was deranged enough to just target three uninvolved Bellossom just for the hell of it. But then again, logic didn't exactly come out of this whole thing unscathed. While the Trick Master could essentially create whatever loony thing he wanted, at least he couldn't read minds. If he could, seriously, I would be better off boiling in a vat of my own puke than at his mercy. I was never going to forgive him for that Goodra incident.

I then heard a voice shout out, and when I recognized it, I couldn't believe it. Holy crap, that was Sloane. It had been a little while, but when I looked to where she was shouting from, I saw she was involved in the fight. I couldn't see who she was fighting exactly, but she was with some other guy, half human, half some Pokémon I didn't recognize.

When she shot the sniper assailant, he ended up on the ground and then just disappeared. I figured maybe it was just one of the Trick Master's creations, but there was no real way of telling. I tried to move in closer, and Jubilee and Lei were very reluctant, looking more like they just wanted to get out of here rather than see what was going on and possibly get involved.

I was maybe only twenty feet away from her when a knife suddenly froze right in front her. She grabbed it, looking at a man in a suit and a top hat. This guy had to be another Trick Master creation. As the three of us moved in closer, I overheard the conversation.

"If you could please release my knife, Mr. Fancypants, as he called you, I would appreciate it," the suit guy told the hybrid that Sloane had called 'Dylan.' "I have other people to cut threads with today so I can't stay here and dilly dally with you stopping my knives in mid-air."

"I wouldn't release this knife even if it meant killing the Trick Master himself," the hybrid 'Dylan' replied, causing the knife to tumble to the side with just a flick of his hand. "Now, who dares to insult me? Might I request a nomenclature?"

"You certainly may," he replied, flashing a creepy smile and tipping his hat. "They call me, Madder Hatter," he told them, looking right at Sloane, "circus magician and serial killer extraordinaire."

Screw this maggot. For now, the hybrid had Madder under control, but there was no telling how long that was going to last for. As for us, I wasn't sure if this Madder guy had even seen the three of us or considered us a threat, but it didn't seem like he had really noticed us. Hopefully I could turn that into his biggest mistake of the day."

This wasn't going to be easy. I wanted to reveal to Sloane that I was Jonathan, but I didn't want to blow my cover. Unfortunately, there was no way to do both. If the Trick Master knew I was actually Jonathan Bradshaw and not some anonymous Bellossom, I was asking for all hell to break loose. But even like this, I was definitely still capable of helping her.

"What should we do?" Jubilee asked, looking concerned. "He almost killed that human girl!"

Thankfully, none of them, save for possibly the hybrid, could understand the Pokéspeech we were using.

"He even confessed to being a serial killer," I told her, knowing whether or not Sloane knew about me, I still had to help her. "We've got to take that Madder guy down! Follow my lead!"

Jubilee and Lei nodded. I focused my energy and concentration and unleashed a powerful Magical Leaf attack, which, unlike the traditional version, was more amplified knowing I had some slight power of manipulation over the physics of this altered world. Jubilee targeted him with a Sleep Powder attack while Lei attack Madder with a Leaf Storm strike.

Good luck dodging all this, you douchebag.

Even if for some miraculous reason he managed to dodge the Sleep Powder and the Leaf Storm, he was going to have to break the new reality to evade the Magical Leaves I flung at his ugly face. Maybe he could as one of the Trick Master's minions, but I figured this was worth a try.

"You leave that girl alone!" I shouted.

Even though I knew he wouldn't understand a word of what I was saying, I didn't care. Sloane was a friend of mine and even if she didn't ever figure out I was one of the Bellossom under cover, I'd still keep her safe anyway. No matter what the outcome of this fight was, now that I found her, I could follow her and the three of us could keep her safe.

Right now, it was five on one. Even if these attacks didn't beat the stuffing out of this deranged swine, his chances of surviving a fight like this were between nil and slim. And when we did shred him to pieces, I figured it would be a good idea for him to ask the Trick Master to recreate him as something less ridiculous, if the Trick Master was capable of such a thing.

Elica Surge -
    Human with frozen legs
    Hoenn Safari Zone

After being here for almost half a year, Elica got used to this world, if it was even possible. She already knew what the food and entrances did, or that you can't die in this place and knew that it was the Trick Master that have done it. She learned that from the bearded man named Fiél that was one of the first people that entered the Trick House. Sadly enough, he became crazy after his Flareon died while killing a hide of zombies. He forgot that it respawned again, somewhere in the basement. She also heard how the Trick Master used his 3rd wish from Jirachi to rule over the world.
    Right now, she was sitting on a big cube of water all hurled up and was looking at the sky with the color of the tongue of someone who ate too much sour candy through the transparent clouds. The sky looked normal in the horizon though. Her feet were frozen to the cube so she couldn't move and the ice was trying to freeze the whole body and thanks to the immunity Elica gained, she was able to slow down the process.
    Two Pokemon under her, her mother's Dedenne that looked like Picasso's late years self-portrait:
    Spoiler:

and her father's Raichu that was colored like shiny Lugia, were looking for something that could help Elica.

Current VPP

(UGH, I wrote up a real nice starting response and then I hit backspace too many times and went back a page and it got deleted. So this is a shortened version. Sorry for taking so long :P)

Adrian Ife - Cyborg
    Canalave City, Sinnoh
    Affected RP'ers: none

Adrian stared out from the deck of the cruiser, waiting for the captain to announce their leaving. He'd already been waiting in the city for a few hours after getting his ticket for Slateport city. He had decided, not too long ago after watching a rock turn into a bubble, to head back to the Trick house. His reasoning was simple, if all the miserably enigmatic trouble had come from that house and its basement, then the solution for getting rid of it must have started there too.

So now he was waiting to head out from Sinnoh's main port to Slateport city. If only the damned captain would-

"RAISING ANCHORS! THE S.S. PHIONE IS NOW LEAVING THE HARBOR!"

"Finally" Adrian muttered, watching the water begin to move as the boat started. It changed from blue to green to pink as he looked. And large cupcakes were ballooning out of the boat's exhaust and floated away into the sky. He wondered if cupcakes could be classified as pollution.

Rowan Summers - Dragon
    En route to Verdenturf town from Rustboro City
    Affected RP'ers: none

Rowan sighed, being a dragon might have advantages, but it was really rather difficult to convince people that he wasn't some monster conjured up by this strange new world. Rowan had been chased away three times by the residents of Rustboro before finally giving up and heading out. He'd always heard verdenturf was a very relaxed town, though in the world's current state he doubted anyplace could really be relaxing.

The mixed sound of hissing, spitting, and furious wing flapping reached Rowan's ears and he turned his scaly head to see where it was coming from. His eyes fell on two oddly large and horribly disfigured Swellows chasing after him. Minions of the trick master. Trying not to panic, Rowan took a deep breath shot a large ball of hot flame at his chasers, forcing them to scatter. As they dodged the fire, Rowan busied himself with putting as much distance between himself and them as possible. It only partially worked. He was now a good long distance ahead, but he was still within their sights and neither bird had given up its pursuit.

VPP

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Sloane Jackson & Azlan & Madder- Human & Azelf Gijinka & Human
    Slateport City, Hoenn

All three attacks unleashed by the bellossom collided with a green shield that had been unseen until this point. But under the duress of the attacks that had been unleashed, the shield collapsed, leaving Madder with a sour look on his face. His eyes flickered yellow before he shifted his focus to the trio of grass types.

"That was a big mistake, little ones." Madder took a deep breath and unleashed a torrent of purple flames. But before the attack could collide with Jonathan and the others, Azlan jumped in the way and took the attack for him. He let out a loud cry and pain and collapsed on the cotton candy covered ground.

"Why does that hurt more than normal?" he wheezed out as he pushed himself up. Sloane sent out two of her pokemon, Shay and Asch, to stand between Azlan and Madder.

"It's what happens when you're part human, Azlan. We're more vulnerable." Sloane cocked her gun and aimed it at Madder, the knife resting at her feet. "I suggest you move along. Oasis survivor or otherwise, you're dangerous and I don't like it." The mention of Oasis survivors seemed to bring joy to Madder's eyes.

"Ah so you're an Oasis survivor? No wonder you look like you're in such pain. You're fighting the Trick Master's influence aren't you? This is an interesting development, as you're the first person I've seen able to do this. Oh well, all the more reason to kill you!" Madder suddenly disappeared from sight, his laughter echoing against the walls of the clearing. Sloane, Shay, and Asch stared around, confused, but that didn't stop Sloane from collapsing into the cotton candy snow. She breathed hard, trying to slow her heart rate, a dull throbbing in her head as the fog tried to force its way forward.

Dylan Thomas & Fox Oleander - Rapidash Centaur==>Ghost Boy & Mermaid==>Ghost Mermaid
    Route 100 Lakeside

Dylan and Fox stood on guard as a Vileplume in sand camouflage coloring stumbled forward. At first it did not appear threatening, until it locked eyes with Dylan and Fox. Its eyes were a gleaming red and without warning the Vileplume shot a mysterious powder at the two. Dylan recoiled and tried to blow it away with fire but it failed. The powder settled over the two and their forms began to shift. When they opened their eyes again, the two were ghosts and the Vileplume was gone.

"Oh come on!" Dylan looked over at Fox and stifled back a laugh. Despite having changed forms, Fox had still maintained her mermaid form, just as a ghost. Dylan began to wonder if this was going to be a running them for her. Dylan looked down over himself. He seemed to be a parody of the protagonist from that children's show "Danny Phantump". He was exactly the same other than Dylan had his usual human appearance, just in the ghostly uniform and all.

"Hey it's not all bad, at least you can leave the water now," Dylan offered. This only earned a glare from Fox. Dylan looked out into the distance and spotted Slateport City. "We should head towards there now, while we can."
    Last edited by Noblejanobii; 08-29-2016 at 07:54 PM.
    / / / / / / / /

Senior Administrator

Slateport City, Hoenn
    Affected RPers: @Noblejanobii

I didn't know this bastard had a shield. It was completely invisible until all of our attacks collided with it.

He then shot some purple flames at us, but then the hybrid jumped in and blocked the attack. And it looked like it hurt him way more than he expected it would. I approached him, and used my Grassy Terrain ability, turning a patch of this forsaken candyland into natural grass. It would heal this Azlan guy a little bit, but it wasn't exactly a miracle cure.

They mentioned something about being Oasis survivors, which was definitely beyond my knowledge. Still, the madman suddenly disappeared from sight, threatening to kill Sloane. She had collapsed onto the ground, looking exhausted and in pain.

As I tried to amplify the area of the Grassy Terrain, I figured it would be way more helpful to Sloane than this useless cotton candy. It's healing effect was slow, but it was better than nothing. Although I was beginning to figure she was wondering why a bunch of Bellossom were suddenly going out of their way to help her. I was sure Jubilee and Lei were probably thinking I was being extra compassionate when really it was because I had met Sloane before.

As much as I wanted to ask Sloane if she was feeling better, she wouldn't understand what I was saying. I figured a gentle rub on her shoulder with my hand was enough to give her a sign that I was on her side and had her back. She might think I was just an anonymous Bellossom that wanted to be caring and helpful, but hey, I was fine with that for now.

Still, I absolutely couldn't reveal I was Jonathan. Not to anyone. The Trick Master had WAY too much power to risk doing that, and if he caught me, I was sure the outcome would be brutal.

"Things seem so dangerous now!" Jubilee told me, realizing I was trying to heal Sloane and Azlan. "Why is this Trick Master doing this?"

"This is his idea of paradise," I told her, nodding as I figured I knew this guy pretty well now. "But, it's not everyone else's. I think if we want to undo what was done here, we need to find someone who could help reverse this effect and stop him. There are a few Pokémon that might be able to help with that."

I didn't know all of the legendary Pokémon, but one came to mind. Dialga. He could reverse the effect of time, which could be pretty useful in restoring things to a previous state in the timestream. But, I could imagine the Trick Master might be aware of this. As painful as it was to admit, the power of reality manipulation was arguably much more powerful.

<You would be right, but we cannot disclose who and where we are.>

Whoa. I looked around, knowing someone HAD to have been using telepathy right there. Problem was I didn't know telepathy myself. I mean, it sure would have been nice if Bellossom had psychic powers, but...

<Who's?>

Or... wait a minute.

<Yes, you can do it. Keep trying. You're already gained a handle on how to break the rules of this place, but you need to be confident that you can to do it.>

Telepathy. It was really the only kind of communication that could be used that the Trick Master could not peer into. Sure, he could make himself psychic, but omniscience would probably blown his brains out if he tried to listen to everything and everyone at once. He had his powers, but in the end, he was still at least human-minded. He could only control reality, but he simply couldn't create knowledge for himself out of nothing.

In the meantime, I tried to get a little more telepathy practice in. I just had to concentrate on the message in my mind, and then whisk it back to wherever it came from. It involved putting my hands on my forehead and shutting my eyes to concentrate, but it was actually working. For some reason, the psychic messages were coming from the ocean, so I sent mine back there.

<Who ...who are you? Am I doing this right?>

<I am the legendary Pokémon known as Lugia. Trust me, all of us are well-aware of what has transpired here, but even with our collective powers, we have been suppressed and targeted. Adversary One has the power to reverse whatever we do to unmake his altered reality.>

It didn't take a genius to figure out "Adversary One" was in fact in reference to the Trick Master. Honestly, I liked that title for him better. It sounded way less like a compliment and painted him like the true villain he really was.

<I take it he's been after all of you legendaries.>

<Precisely. Arceus has been active trying to undo whatever dark fate Adversary One bestows upon our alliance, but it has been overwhelming. I believe in time, he may need to resort to Plan B. We need temporary new legendary Pokémon that have control and resistance over these new forces. Arceus is afraid that if anyone were to be given such power, they would have extreme difficulty letting go of it when the mission has been completed.>

I could see his point. Problem was...

...I really didn't see any other way of going about this.

Elica Surge - Human -> ???
    Hoenn Safari Zone
    Affected RPers: None

Elica's third Pokemon, Marill named Ramii was in her Pokeball with a small heart on it. Pokeball was in the Elica's backpack. She was using her powers to stop her hands to burn and hey legs to froze and was waiting for her other two Pokemon to feed her something, so she'll change q other things.
    Meanwhile, her other two Pokemon, now speaking Burmese, were looking for food. Unfortunately, they couldn't find anything, aside from hair-like grass and random giant stone shells bigger than the average person, just being there..
    Finally, Dedenne found some kind of seeds growing near one of the shells. They looked glitched and some of them were just plainly white. Deformed Antenna Pokemon called miscolored Raichu, they picked up a few seeds and went to Elica.
    The problem was that.. they didn't know how to give it to her. After some thought, they came to the only way, start throwing it at her.
    Elica was quite shocked when her Pokemon started throwing seeds at her, but they finally get one of the seeds in her mouth and she started changing her appearance.

Current VPP

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Sloane Jackson & Azlan- Human & Azelf Gijinka
    Slateport City, Hoenn

Sloane lifted her head ever so slightly when the grassy terrain reached her. A ghost of a smile reached her lips. It wouldn't do her any good since her pain was mental, not physical. It was still a sweet gesture from the Bellossom though. Sloane gazed at it for a minute, something about the bellossom bothering her, but Sloane decided to let it go. It was of no concern to her in any matter. Sloane coughed a little and looked up at the sky. The Trick Master's influence was growing and it worried Sloane greatly.

"Azlan." The Azelf turned over to look at the girl. He frowned and shook his head. Sloane frowned in confusion, until she noticed Azlan's head jewel glowing. Psychic communications. It was one of the few things she knew psychic types were proficient at. Azlan had explained that if his head gem was glowing, he was either participating it or listening in on a psychic conversation. Sloane had to wonder which it was currently, but she decided to leave it be.

Sloane stood up slowly and returned her pokemon to their pokeballs. Stretching a little, Sloane began to walk around the square, knowing Azlan was watching. She was trying to keep patrol but at the same time, Sloane wanted to escape in case she snapped. Then no one else would be harmed if she was alone. That was the goal anyway.
    / / / / / / / /