Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

PRS Character Concepts, Sketches, and Art

Something separate from my main art thread just to make it easier to find PRS related stuff. I'll include some sketches in here that I wouldn't normally post in my main art thread, DA, SJ, etc. because they're well- just sketches. Not finished art. I'll typically post the concept sketches on Patreon first though.

Character Concepts
    Spoiler:

Name: Pyrra
    Species: Charizard
    First Appearance: Chapter 6

Name: ???
    Species: Charizard
    First Appearance: ???

Name: Miah
    Species: Honudoom
    First Appearance: Oooh... Chaapter... 7 or 8. I haven't scripted that far.

Name: ???
    Species: Noivern
    First Appearance: ???

Names: Ramsley, Varen, Esper, Mist, Leo, Elene, Garnet
    Species: Chandelure, Haunter, Shuppet, Mismagius, Espurr, Meowstic
    Genders: Male, Male, Female, Female, Male, Female, Female
    First Appearances: ???

Names: ???, ???
    Species: Golisopod, Larviatr
    Genders: Male, Female
    First Apperances: ???

PRS Related Art
    Spoiler:

2. This post has been liked by:

I love all the sketches. O: The Golisopod looks sooo awesome. cx And the delphox! Really cool. :D Can't wait to see them all show up. That houndoom look like she might be friendly. XD

And I love all the coloured drawing too, of course. c: The mistletoe one still makes me giggle. XD

Quote Originally Posted by Suicune's Fire View Post
    I love all the sketches. O: The Golisopod looks sooo awesome. cx And the delphox! Really cool. :D Can't wait to see them all show up. That houndoom look like she might be friendly. XD

And I love all the coloured drawing too, of course. c: The mistletoe one still makes me giggle. XD
    I try to do concept sketches of all new characters prior to them appearing in the comic if they're important in any way. Background characters like many of the flame guard in the flashback are made up on the spot. The Houndoom is indeed a friendly- in fact, she's been mentioned in comic already. She'll be appearing before long. Let's see how much everyone will love me for what I have planned. xD

The Golisopod is a new charrie, obviously. Was playing Sun and I just fell in love with Golisopod. Character ideas started coming- and he'll be filling in a role later on that I had open. I like him. xD

Delphox/Garnet has been mentioned too. She's not appearing for a while yet, I think. I need to script. xD

And the mistletoe drawing is completely in character for all involved. After the events in the flashback, Nyra was left in the care of Alex. The twins ship Nyra with their older brother and definitely would try to set them up in these types of situations. =D

Aaand, here's some new character concepts.

Concept art for another council member and one of his allies. I had a name idea for him today, but I forgot. Dammit. xD It should be noted that the Cacturne is probably closer to shiny colors than the normal green. There aren't really any 'shiny' Pokemon in PRS. It works a bit differently in that the color range that a species can be varies- shiny being a more uncommon genetic trait. You'll have noticed among the Houndour/Houndoom in Chapter 6 that they have varying shades of blue in them- but none of them are quite 'shiny' blue.

Edit: I just remembered the name idea. xD Orion!

One last council member for now. He's probably the nicest looking of the ones I've shared so far. xD

Lover of Centipedes Scytherwolf's Avatar
    Oh wow, I love the look of that cacturne. Awesome sketches!

growing strong Pokemon Trainer Sarah's Avatar
    Site Editor

Senior Administrator

An Archeops!!! Awesome designs, Neko!
    GCEA

Quote Originally Posted by Scytherwolf View Post
    Oh wow, I love the look of that cacturne. Awesome sketches!
    Thank you! I'm quite excited to get him into the story, even if his first appearance will be rather brief. I've got some plans for him and his ghostly friend though! He'll be appearing somewhere in the middle of Chapter Eight. Not sure how long between then and his next appearance though. He was fun to design- picking Pokemon species for some roles proves difficult since I'm biased as heck and like to lean towards favorites, so I thought I could try to design a character of a species I've never been a huge fan of as a small challenge. xD I'm happy with how it came out- Banette too!

Lover of Centipedes Scytherwolf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nekomata View Post
    Thank you! I'm quite excited to get him into the story, even if his first appearance will be rather brief. I've got some plans for him and his ghostly friend though! He'll be appearing somewhere in the middle of Chapter Eight. Not sure how long between then and his next appearance though. He was fun to design- picking Pokemon species for some roles proves difficult since I'm biased as heck and like to lean towards favorites, so I thought I could try to design a character of a species I've never been a huge fan of as a small challenge. xD I'm happy with how it came out- Banette too!
    I'm excited to see it! Haha, I mostly use favorite pokemon too, or just pokemon that interest me for whatever reason. Lately I've been trying to draw ones that are harder for me to draw for practice though. And yes, I love the banette as well!

Quote Originally Posted by Scytherwolf View Post
    I'm excited to see it! Haha, I mostly use favorite pokemon too, or just pokemon that interest me for whatever reason. Lately I've been trying to draw ones that are harder for me to draw for practice though. And yes, I love the banette as well!
    Yeah- it's good to branch out... but not always easy! xD

---

Some new concepts and sketches.

Just some practice sketches of our big bads of the war. Giratina and his general, Darkrai. They've got an upcoming scene together at some point, so I decided to try drawing them a bit. I think I'm having an easier time with Origin Form Giratina right now. Thankfully, that's what form he'll be in for his first formal appearance. Still a lot of practice to do on these guys. Legendaries are hard.

This will be a character to appear in the possibly distant PRS future. She's been planned for a while but I only just yesterday decided on her species. She'll be playing a vital part in one of the main cast's stories. She's a spunky one with lots of attitude. She may drive some people batty, but she's got a big heart and a strong sense of justice.

Since I missed an update, I posted this filler of sketches.

Also, PRS' Birthday was a week ago: So quick birthday doodle happened.