Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    @Scytherwolf

I'll add you to the list!

im not very good with art but I want to improve and try helping with the comic

3. This post has been liked by:

Quote Originally Posted by NeonUmbreon View Post
    Good on you for joining in! After all, practice makes perfect. :]

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by NeonUmbreon View Post
    And ladies and gentlemen, this is how you get better. ;3

Welcome to PXR and congrats on your first post by the way!

@NeonUmbreon
    Yay! You decided to join in the insanity!
    @Suicune's Fire @Neo Emolga
    We may have one or two more coming in from off-site. xD

@Nekomata - Amazing. :3c I wish I knew people to bring in. Maybe I should try to get some people in from DA or something.

So, my art skills aren't where I would want them for something like this, but I did say I wanted to do more art this year so... I will participate if you would like. I am very good at world building and making random bit characters when they are needed.

Senior Administrator

Hmm, forgive me if I missed a detail about this, but as far as I checked, I didn't see any details about this and it kind of came up in the worldbuilding thread.

What kind of situation will we have regarding mature content such as blood and gore, swearing, and sexual content?

Knowing well from nature, one animal eating another is a very bloody and gory mess and when it comes to Pokémon, I could imagine the same kind of situation could arise. And that's just one particular example aside from all the other ways a Pokémon could potentially die a grizzly death, especially if they're going on dangerous missions and adventures. Thing is, if that happens in the comic, it would have to be depicted. I agree that it shouldn't be overdone with guts and severed heads flying all over the place, but the characters coming across a half-eaten corpse, bleeding from injuries, or witnessing the death of another character would add to the threat and dangers that they're facing. My thing is if it would be shown in a nature show, it's possible to depict in the comic. But that's mainly my opinion.

As far as swearing goes, I generally think whatever doesn't get ***-ed out by the swear filter on the forum is fair game, but I'm not sure how other people feel about that.

Lastly, as far as sexual themes go, I'm perfectly fine with romance and relationships, but I'm not crazy about the idea of seeing two Pokémon making out. That's a little too much into dark territory. But characters implying it by saying things such as "they've been seeing each other" and "we slept together" basically makes it obvious what's going on.

How do other people feel about this, though? I figured this would be good to clarify before anything gets started.

Administrator

I'd love to participate in this, but I'm not skilled in the slightest at drawing anything. We wouldn't be able to make out much from it. I can hear it now though, trying is the best way to improve, right? That's the thing sadly. I'd have to have a lot of time set aside even if it's just for one page. That or I could try and make it super silly

That is what we are going for in this right? Just one page at a time?
    @Neo Emolga swearing wise I'm not too against seeing that. I'm used to that kind of thing. If it's used then it's okay. I've seen some fanfic stuff use it. It all depends on the situation. As long as it's not overly used or used every other sentence.

Honestly? I used to think sexual themes in it wouldn't work well either. I'm not entirely for it, but I'm not completely against it either. Depending on how it's shown, it could work. Just don't go too far into the dark territory. Or even further than that in this comic I'd say.

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..

Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Chakramaster View Post
    I'd love to participate in this, but I'm not skilled in the slightest at drawing anything. We wouldn't be able to make out much from it. I can hear it now though, trying is the best way to improve, right? That's the thing sadly. I'd have to have a lot of time set aside even if it's just for one page. That or I could try and make it super silly

That is what we are going for in this right? Just one page at a time?
    @Neo Emolga swearing wise I'm not too against seeing that. I'm used to that kind of thing. If it's used then it's okay. I've seen some fanfic stuff use it. It all depends on the situation. As long as it's not overly used or used every other sentence.

Honestly? I used to think sexual themes in it wouldn't work well either. I'm not entirely for it, but I'm not completely against it either. Depending on how it's shown, it could work. Just don't go too far into the dark territory. Or even further than that in this comic I'd say.
    Oh just sign up and try! I'm sure you can at least doodle and it's a good platform to use to improve your skills and get better. Practice, watch tutorials (your Pika pair Gemma has a good video for you!), and practice some more. I have seen serious improvement in my own drawing skills, so I know you can do it.

As for the swearing, true, but I'm trying to keep in mind forum rules for this one. I think we could still easily express anger, shock, and feelings of hate without swearing, though.

And yeah, I think it's pretty easy to avoid dark territory with the sexual themes. There's a good reason why I avoid looking at hentai. Best to not go there.