Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Neo Emolga View Post
    Naya, PLEASE KICK ZILA'S BUTT SO HARD IT RIPS A HOLE IN THE TIME SPACE CONTINUM.

Quest rewards: cookies.

In all seriousness, things are looking good. Now that I'm finally all caught up, I've got my eye on this and I'm eager to see what transpires next. The cover for Chapter 7 is already looking great, but there's just one bitty problem. Naya looks too worried. She needs to put her kickass with sass face on! Only kidding, but yeah, keep up the great work! :3
    HAHAHA. No Zila this chapter. =P She'll appear again before long. If you hate her NOW, just you wait.

I've definitely given Naya some love this chapter! She's not quite ready for kickass sass, but maybe eventually! She's always a little worried- part of the amnesia, I'm sure. xD

Man, I'm excited to get working on the art for this chapter. It's going to be hellish- I've put in some very demanding scenes on terms of art, but I think it'll be worth it in the end. I'll start posting some more thumbnails as I go. SNEAK PEAKS FOR EVERYONE!

2. This post has been liked by:

XD Lucy's perch. Love it. Also wow, the cover sketch looks awesome so far. Nice job!

Quote Originally Posted by Suicune's Fire View Post
    XD Lucy's perch. Love it. Also wow, the cover sketch looks awesome so far. Nice job!
    Thank you! xD Lucy likes to sit on Bern's head. Is warm. Too bad if/when she evolves she'll get too big for that eventually.

Progress was made tonight. xD

So to celebrate, have another sneakpeak.

Devin: STOP BICKERING LIKE AN OLD COUPLE
    Stella/Edge: What?
    (Not an actual quote from the chapter)

Chapter Seven Progress

Outlining: 100% (if you can count my nonsense of an outline an actual outline)
    Scripting: 100%

Thumbnails: 50%
    Pencils: 0%
    Inks: 0%
    Colors: 0%
    Lettering: 0%

Chapter Eight Progress
    Because I can.

Outlining: 30%
    Scripting: 0%
    Thumbnails: 0%

Work Schedule / Goals
    02/20 - Finish Scripting / Resume Thumbnails
    02/27 - Finish Thumbnails / Start Pencils
    03/06 - Begin Buffer
    03/13 - Finish Pencils / ~3+ complete pages
    03/17 - Resume Updates!

5. This post has been liked by:

I feel like she'd just try to make him evolve so she could still sit there. XD

Hahaha your quote is funny. cx What do you mean by thumbnails? o:

Quote Originally Posted by Suicune's Fire View Post
    I feel like she'd just try to make him evolve so she could still sit there. XD

Hahaha your quote is funny. cx What do you mean by thumbnails? o:
    Pfft. Bern has trouble evolving. Something to do with a traumatic experience repressing his ability to do so... =D He should have evolved by now otherwise.

And thumbnails = layouts = a tiny sketch of each page where I plan out the paneling and camera shots. It gives me a general idea of how each page will look before I start the final sketch. I sometimes edit the number of panels in a script to get the best panel flow in a page if it doesn't look as good drawn out as I thought. Helps me make sure I get everything I need to in a smaller number of pages. Also easier to remember what I'm planning this way.

Spoiler:

This is a full sized thumbnail. Final page sketch will be MUCH bigger, more detailed, cleaner, etc. This is just a plan.

The below is examples of thumbnails from MTMTE. Tiny plans.

Omg that explains it. Poor Bern. :( Sounds like he needs to see a psychologist.

OHHH! That seems so sensible. Why don't I do that? XD I should do that next time. Definitely. Makes sense that it would be a pretty standard thing to do.

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Oh snap, yeah, thumbnails are definitely a good idea. For me, going in without them for the Community Comic was like going in blind and those would have made it faster and easier. Now we know!

Everything's looking good, though. Keep up the great work, Neko!

Oh snap, yeah, thumbnails are definitely a good idea. For me, going in without them for the Community Comic was like going in blind and those would have made it faster and easier. Now we know!

Everything's looking good, though. Keep up the great work, Neko!
    As I said below- certainly helps with planning! xD

And thank you!

Omg that explains it. Poor Bern. :( Sounds like he needs to see a psychologist.

OHHH! That seems so sensible. Why don't I do that? XD I should do that next time. Definitely. Makes sense that it would be a pretty standard thing to do.

He does. Or a good whack to the head or 20. xD

And yeah- layouts certainly help me see that I can fit everything on the page that I want to. PRS pages are much more packed when I do this. In a good way!

---

So for those who haven't heard, my tablet is... dying. I know not how much longer it can hold up- only that the cord is starting to have trouble and the tablet cuts in/out of connection. Hopefully, it lasts until I can get a replacement (soon!)- but this weekend will probably be it's twilight voyage livestream. </3 It's served me well for seven long years! Best investment I've made.

Thankfully, it has held up through the day and I can finally say: LAYOUTS ARE DONE!

Huzzah!

In fact, I even started pencils today!

Aden: Wait... the tablet is dying?
    Arden: WHAT DO WE DO!? DON'T DIE!

Chapter Seven Progress

Outlining: 100%
    Scripting: 100%
    Thumbnails: 100%

Pencils: 5%

Lettering: 5%

Chapter Eight Progress
    Because I can.

Outlining: 30%
    Scripting: 0%
    Thumbnails: 0%

Work Schedule / Goals
    02/20 - Finish Scripting / Resume Thumbnails
    02/27 - Finish Thumbnails / Start Pencils

03/06 - More Pencils / Begin Buffer
    03/13 - Finish Pencils / ~3+ complete pages
    03/17 - Resume Updates!

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

NOOO, HANG IN THERE TABLET!

It's unlikely if it will help, but have you checked to see if there's a possible driver update for it? It could also be that it's just old and has seen lots of use over the years, but maybe... there's an update for it. I don't I don't usually update the drivers of my devices, but you never know.

The pencil sketches look great though. They look like they're about to take a Calculus final exam! Lucky them! -_-

NOOO, HANG IN THERE TABLET!

It's unlikely if it will help, but have you checked to see if there's a possible driver update for it? It could also be that it's just old and has seen lots of use over the years, but maybe... there's an update for it. I don't I don't usually update the drivers of my devices, but you never know.

The pencil sketches look great though. They look like they're about to take a Calculus final exam! Lucky them! -_-
    Sadly, it's definitely the tablet. It's old and has seen many years of traveling and work. The wire itself is what's giving in- and unlike newer tablets, the USB cord is directly attached to the tablet- not plugged into it. I can't bend the wire at certain angles or it disconnects. It's become very sensitive. Thankfully, my parents are helping me buy a new fancy tablet since it's school/work related.

And yeah! Excited to get working on pencils (and later inks/colors!) This is one heck of a chapter so far. The layouts are packed to the brim- I'd dare say this chapter has more into it than any other so far! =D Wish me luck, cause they're going to be HELL to ink and color.