Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Chapter Seven Sneak Peaks, Progress, and Discussion

It's that time again- for a new chapter discussion thread! My, my. It feels like ages since I last created one of these. Maybe it has been. I don't know. It takes forever to complete each chapter. Maybe I can get this chapter done before I die! Maybe!

Since I don't have any sneak-peaks right now... I can at least have a really pitiful attempt at encouraging discussion and theories, right? I'll start by poking at a bunch of little details from chapter six- and maybe earlier- that some may or may not have noticed. I don't usually put these details in for no reason. Also questions...

- Cero mentions that there's been death in Greyfog Town in the year leading up to that flashback. Hmm...
    - Zila has such a fun design
    - Who is Miah? Hmm....
    - There were other Hounds near Zila when Ace witnessed Zila murdering poor Aine
    - Zila knows Night Slash? Strange... I could've sworn...
    - Erin, the other Houndoom, seems a bit surprised, don't you think?
    - That Charizard has a necklace with a familiar looking symbol...
    - What is Zila looking for? Hmm
    - Hey look- that symbol is on a letter!
    - And is that a picture of another Charizard?
    - Those berries look tasty too!
    - Hmm... Strange Dark Pulse you have there, Zila!
    - RIP Pyrra

---

When I'm done scripting Chapter Seven, I might post a few quotes as teasers. I hope to actually script before working on art. Not script as I go like usual. xD We'll see!

But for now, here's some words that relate to Ch. 7 in some form or another:

- Betrayal
    - Clash
    - Douse
    - Burn
    - Taint
    - TWINS

ERROR! DOES NOT EXIST! The Nonexistent Tazz's Avatar
    "You're clearly not hinting that Zila is important or anything like that."

In all honesty, it really took you insisting that the Dark Pulse was "weird" to make me realize what was up, as otherwise I'd have chalked most of that panel's artistic choices up to, well, artistic choices-though it really took looking at a panel before then to really confirm what I believed to be the case (which I won't say), and only just now what it really meant.

"But clearly, the real masterminds behind this plot are the Twins."

Avatar by the incredibly awesome Neo Emolga.

Zigzagoon: Hatch @8,669; Linoone @ Level 100: 8,829

My VPP Stats! - My Prism Stats! - My URPG Stats!
    BEHOLD THEM AND DESPAIR!!

GUITAR WARROIR! medeleymedeleymedeleyMOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!

Quote Originally Posted by The Nonexistent Tazz View Post
    "You're clearly not hinting that Zila is important or anything like that."

In all honesty, it really took you insisting that the Dark Pulse was "weird" to make me realize what was up, as otherwise I'd have chalked most of that panel's artistic choices up to, well, artistic choices-though it really took looking at a panel before then to really confirm what I believed to be the case (which I won't say), and only just now what it really meant.

"But clearly, the real masterminds behind this plot are the Twins."
    Late reply, but I try to not post unless I've got news or stuff to share. xD Anyway...

Zila, important? Whatever gave you that idea. Hehe.

And feel free to share your theory publicly regarding the Dark Pulse or whatever. I won't confirm nor deny it, but I do enjoy reading theories!

---

Progress update on Chapter Seven: Outline is done, Scripting has begun, and after over a year and a half of MTMTE brainwashing, I'mma post a solicit (basically a summary/teaser of the issue/chapter) cause why not. Though... solicits typically come with covers, but meeeh- I'll post that when it's done!

PRS #7 - The Spring Flame
    "The Flame Guard gathers together for one last clash against the temple’s intruders. Things don’t seem to add up though- what are the strange Pokemon really after? Can Naya find a way to stop them? Will she make the right choice in a decision that could mean the end of the Flame Guard? Only one way to find out!"

Cover + Quotes will come later along with the planned update schedule later! Enjoy!

Scripting, Scripting, Scripting, and... THUMBNAILS~!

I haven't gotten too heavy in the scripting, but I wanted to thumbnail what script I did have. So here's a thumbnail image of a page.

Chapter Seven Progress

Outlining: 100% (if you can count my nonsense of an outline an actual outline)

Scripting: 16.5%
    Thumbnails: 15%

Pencils: 0%
    Inks: 0%
    Colors: 0%
    Lettering: 0%
    Last edited by Nekomata; 01-28-2017 at 06:59 AM.

Lucy's back on her favorite perch.

Chapter Seven Progress

Scripting: 30.5%
    Thumbnails: 20%

Lover of Centipedes Scytherwolf's Avatar
    I love those thumbnails! They are quite a bit less messy than mine are. xD Makes me really curious about what's going to happen when they get to the flame.

Quote Originally Posted by Scytherwolf View Post
    I love those thumbnails! They are quite a bit less messy than mine are. xD Makes me really curious about what's going to happen when they get to the flame.
    Oh, another poster! xD That's a surprise! I was about to get ready to post another progress update tonight. Haha!

My thumbnails are a bit messy at times, but I try not to make them at least legible for myself. xD

As for the flame... that will be happening soon! Bwahahahaha! I'm about to script that part, actually! =D Tonight is a scripting night- I really need a break from class right now, so why not? I'll be updating the below with more accurate percentages when I call it a night. Only just started. xD

And just something sneak-peak-y to post. How about the sketch for the next cover? I lost my mind working on programming and had to draw SOMETHING. So yeah!

Spoiler:

I'll be posting the final cover when I get all scripts/thumbnails and some pencils done!

Edit: There we go. It's progress! I'm slow with scripting, but the next few pages should be light on the dialogue. Hopefully that helps.

Chapter Seven Progress

Scripting: 50%

Chapter Eight Progress
    Because I can.

Outlining: 30%
    Scripting: 0%
    Thumbnails: 0%

Work Schedule / Goals
    02/20 - Finish Scripting / Resume Thumbnails
    02/27 - Finish Thumbnails / Start Pencils
    03/06 - Begin Buffer
    03/13 - Finish Pencils / ~3+ complete pages
    03/17 - Resume Updates!
    Last edited by Nekomata; 02-16-2017 at 06:28 AM.

Lover of Centipedes Scytherwolf's Avatar
    That cover sketch looks awesome. Can't wait to see the final thing!

Quote Originally Posted by Scytherwolf View Post
    That cover sketch looks awesome. Can't wait to see the final thing!
    Thank you! I can't wait to get back into production! I'm more motivated when I'm closer to something I can share with the world. xD Scripting is just so far off from that sometimes...

... BUUUUT. I'M DONE SCRIPTING. It only took me all night. xD I misjudged how long some scenes would take, so I had to clip out a few minor things. I'm trying to be better about pacing- if I don't cut out some unnecessary stuff, this story arc would take forever- and I think it's time I draw it to a close! I'd have liked to give some characters more panel time in this chapter, but in the end, it just wasn't possible! I don't have time to focus on every character's fight in this chapter. I feel so bad neglecting Talon/Mist in this arc- I'll be working on that more in the near future! Hoping to get them more love starting in Ch. 8.

Is it bad that I have so much attention to the flame guard (most notably Bern, and soon- another)? I do plan for some of them to be recurring characters, but I do feel that they were far more prominent than Talon/Mist- two actual main characters. Ah, well. It's a learning process. And when I get to remaking older pages, I can try to squeeze some extra scenes in. I'm expecting to be able to condense some scenes into a fewer pages. That should open room to add in stuff. I don't plan on changing anything major though.

Chapter Seven Progress

Scripting: 100%

Chapter Eight Progress
    Because I can.

Outlining: 30%
    Scripting: 0%
    Thumbnails: 0%

Work Schedule / Goals
    02/20 - Finish Scripting / Resume Thumbnails
    02/27 - Finish Thumbnails / Start Pencils
    03/06 - Begin Buffer
    03/13 - Finish Pencils / ~3+ complete pages
    03/17 - Resume Updates!

10. This post has been liked by:

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Naya, PLEASE KICK ZILA'S BUTT SO HARD IT RIPS A HOLE IN THE TIME SPACE CONTINUM.

Quest rewards: cookies.

In all seriousness, things are looking good. Now that I'm finally all caught up, I've got my eye on this and I'm eager to see what transpires next. The cover for Chapter 7 is already looking great, but there's just one bitty problem. Naya looks too worried. She needs to put her kickass with sass face on! Only kidding, but yeah, keep up the great work! :3