Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 22303132

Thread: [Shiny hunting thread] Looking for those stars...

Quote Originally Posted by Cleobel View Post
    Hello everybody! I found a new shiny on the 7th of June (around 1 AM).

I had just started a new shiny hunt in Pokemon Emerald while watching a video of the French YouTuber Maître Armand... and a beautiful shiny Magikarp appeared in front of me after only 373 encounters! This Pokemon has the colour of pee, which is hilarious. xD I'm very glad I found this shiny so quickly! As I found the golden fish late at night, I didn't scream, but I was shaking, I was out of breath and my heart was beating really fast.
    This shiny was found in Sootopolis City. The capture went alright : the pee-coloured Magikarp was put to sleep by my Delcatty (named "Urine Luck") and her Sing move, before being caught by the first Premier Ball I threw. This shiny is a male, just like I wanted (I had a female Pokemon with Cute Charm in front of my party, i.e. Urine Luck the Delcatty). I named him Arnaud (after a friend who loves pee-coloured Magikarp). When I looked at his summary, I saw that his nature is Sassy.
    In my shiny hunting team, there was "Urine Luck" the Delcatty (I chose Delcatty as my female Pokemon with Cute Charm because she can learn Sing, because she has an okay Speed stat and because this Pokemon is based on an animal whose pee smells bad), but also "Ca Pue" the Bellsprout ("ça pue" means "it smells bad" in French, because toilets and their content smell bad) and "ChassedEau" the Quagsire ("chasse d'eau" means "toilet flush" in French, because flushing the toilet after using it is very important). Ca Pue was, ironically, my Pokemon with Sweet Scent (to speed up the encounters) : I chose Bellsprout because his cry is pretty short (which allowed me to save time when using Sweet Scent), but most importantly to make a reference to a video posted by Arnaud on his YouTube channel (in that video, he clones a lot of Bellsprouts to do a glitch in gen 2 games). ChassedEau was my Pokemon with Surf : I chose Quagsire to make a reference to a glitch of the gen 2 games that Arnaud talks about on his YouTube channel (this glitch requires a Quagsire that has Return as its first move and holds the TM02, so I made sure that ChassedEau the Quagsire had Return as her first move and held the TM02).
    To cut a long story short, I'm very glad I found this new shiny and did this hunt that is full of references to both my friend and the toilet!

Here are some pictures of Arnaud the shiny Magikarp :

Spoiler:

And here is the link to the video.
    @Arrow-Jolteon @Bulbasaur @Caunadan @Chakramaster @Chibi Altaria @Coru @Desolate Divine @Kaoru @Noblejanobii @Pokemon Trainer Sarah @Shruikan @Suicune's Fire @The Foogle
    Sometimes I wish I had undying patience like yours x) But very glad you got the pee colored Magikarp! Congratulations! :3
    Paired with the lovable 💕 Kaoru 💕

- I has risen from the ashes of the flames -

2. This post has been liked by:

Quote Originally Posted by Trainer17 View Post
    Sometimes I wish I had undying patience like yours x) But very glad you got the pee colored Magikarp! Congratulations! :3
    Thank you very much! :)

Special thanks to Fate for this cute avatar and this cute banner! :D
    Special thanks to AD for this awesome Chikorita GIF! :D

Special thanks to The Foogle for this beautiful pixel Necrozma Dusk Mane! :D
    Part of the Ultra Duo Set with Radiant Moon The Foogle! :D