Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon Trainer Sarah View Post
    @Neo Emolga

Damn Neo... that's really bad. :/ Your dad really refuses to kick her out or at least enforce some house rules like having to pay rent (so she needs to get a job/not spend her money on alcohol)?? You've probably tried this but what about tackling it from the "enabling her" angle, where he is contributing to her bad state of affairs by letting her live there and spiral further into debt and alcoholism? I hope you can get out of there soon or that it otherwise somehow works itself out!
    He did at least declare he's not giving her any more money. At least there's that. But yeah, he doesn't enforce house rules. I told him that if he doesn't take action, she'll be here forever. I guess I need to figure out some other kind of strategy to get through to him. He can sometimes be a bit tough to figure out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ Voltaire Magneton's Avatar
    My current situation with my dormmates is quiet, way too quiet. We don't even talk XD But there is this one pet peeve that I have with them.

THEY DON'T USE THEIR OWN STUDY LIGHTS AND THEY USE THE ROOM'S MAIN LIGHTS INSTEAD.

The four of us have our own study lights, but if one of them needs a light, they just opt straight to the main lights, which can be bothersome to me when I sleep.

There was this time when this one roommate turned on the main lights AND ALL HE DID WAS USE HIS LAPTOP. LIKE DOES YOUR LAPTOP HAVE NO LIGHTS AT ALL. IT'S NOT EVEN PRODUCTIVE I SAW HIM ONE TIME AND ALL HE DID WAS TWITTER OR SOMETHING UGH.

Anyways, I use eye mask to prevent being woken up due to lights, but I really prefer sleeping without them D:

TWITTER: voltmakesart
    INSTAGRAM: voltairemakesart
    Spoiler:
    Current VPP
    Tynamo@330 (Chen)
    Hatch: 345
    Eelektrik: 447
    Eelektross: 450
    Level100: 630

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

I would just like to make an update to this that as of right now my new roommate is like the most chill person ever. She was even talking to me while I was participating in Game Night. For reference, my previous roommate always told me to go somewhere else when I took skype calls, but she always took skype calls in our room. My current roommate and I were just like "eh just don't be too loud". So this year is looking much better. The suitemates haven't moved in yet but here's to hoping they're just as awesome!
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Noblejanobii View Post
    I would just like to make an update to this that as of right now my new roommate is like the most chill person ever. She was even talking to me while I was participating in Game Night. For reference, my previous roommate always told me to go somewhere else when I took skype calls, but she always took skype calls in our room. My current roommate and I were just like "eh just don't be too loud". So this year is looking much better. The suitemates haven't moved in yet but here's to hoping they're just as awesome!
    Oooh, that is good to hear. I hope things work out great this year for you and her. :3

As my own update, well, Jackie still loafs around and only works eight hours a week (if even), minimum wage, and immediately blows all her money on overpriced gourmet food and booze as soon as she gets it. My dad is the kind that likes to just passively hang around and wait for problems to solve themselves rather than take a proactive approach toward resolving them (hence, so many busted and broken things around the house that he waits for the "errand fairies" like my brother and I to swoop down and end up fixing ourselves rather than pay for home repair/maintenance costs). And this is why I've wanted to move out more than ever. She likes to wake me up at 3:00am in the morning, puking in the sink, while I've got to go to work in the morning...

He said he would evict her if she loses her car, ends up in the hospital, or gets in trouble with the police but... I don't believe him. I think he would still bail her out of every mess thinking he's "scoring afterlife points." Yeah, that's not how it works. What he's doing now isn't generosity, he's being a fool. He has said a LOT of things that he didn't keep his promise on, so I'm certain she's sticking around no matter what she does or what kind of trouble she gets into. Since last time I talked about her, she's already busted a huge hole in the wall in the bedroom that she's using and he's treated that like it's no big deal when I KNOW repairing that is going to be a huge project. But of course... he's not going to be the one to fix it! That's what us "errand fairies" are for! >:(

Bottom line is he's an enabler even though he'll deny that. He's too passive to take action (but he'll always whine and complain about her), and she's too much in denial that what she's doing only puts her further into the hole. What bothers me the most is she's not even family. This is a coworker my dad knew for only a year. That's it. You have no idea how much I wished she had lost my dad's phone number and was never able to make that initial call. She's been lingering around like a parasite for almost a year now and she's only gotten herself further into the hole.

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

@Neo Emolga Your father sounds kinda like me. I'm one of those people that will go to the ends of the earth to make someone else happy. Doesn't matter what my well-being is, but if there's a chance that someone could get hurt because I don't help them, then I'll do whatever I can to fix it.

I can remember like fiveish years ago, there was this guy I came in contact with on the Internet. We ended up becoming decent friends until he started doing like sexual things across text posts and what not. I was really not okay with it but every time I protested he'd threathen suicide which freaked me out because if he did actually commit suicide I would have felt very much responable. Long story short he disappeared like two years ago and I hadn't heard from him since until earlier this week he reached out to me again. I'm a bit warier this time but he seems pretty chill so I'm going to give him a chance.

But anyway, I probably wouldn't be able to kick your problem person out either because I'd be afraid she'd get hurt and I'd feel very much responsible.
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire