Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Lover of Centipedes Scytherwolf's Avatar

Character Concept Art

I figure I should post all the concept art in one place. First I'll post the digitally colored ones. I have a LOT more in my notebooks, which I will definitely go through and find more stuff to post soon. For now, though, enjoy these!

This was one of the first ever drawings of Rachel and Charlie. Looks much different from their final designs. XD

Another early drawing of Rachel. This was from a vague scene idea that may or may not take place in the actual comic.

First real drawing of Zeke, a main character who won't appear until Chapter 2.

Kit the vibrava, another main character.

More Kit

Anna the audino.

Two of the villain characters.

A silly doodle I made from when my comic was on hiatus in 2016.

2. This post has been liked by:

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Xanthe is a villain? Why am I not with her?
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

growing strong Pokemon Trainer Sarah's Avatar
    Site Editor

Senior Administrator

It's cool to see some less used Pokemon as main characters and the more popular ones like the Eeveelutions as villains! It's interesting to see how Rachel and Charlie's designs have changed. How long have you been working on the comic for? :O

Looking forward to meeting all these characters! :D
    GCEA

Quote Originally Posted by Noblejanobii View Post
    Xanthe is a villain? Why am I not with her?
    Lol, that flareon is a guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon Trainer Sarah View Post
    It's cool to see some less used Pokemon as main characters and the more popular ones like the Eeveelutions as villains! It's interesting to see how Rachel and Charlie's designs have changed. How long have you been working on the comic for? :O

Looking forward to meeting all these characters! :D
    Haha, I've always loved eeveelutions as villains for some reason. (My main written story has a vaporeon and espeon as the main villains. XD) And yeah, they look WAY different now. As for how long, I started coming up with the idea in early 2014. Zeke was actually what started it and I came up with Rachel and Charlie soon afterwards. I didn't start working on pages, however, until mid-2015, then it went on hiatus for a long while, started up in 2016, went on hiatus again, and now I've finally got lots of buffer and am faster at making pages so there won't be any more hiatus for a while.

6. This post has been liked by:

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

The character expressions are awesome. You definitely rock the house at capturing emotions. They have a kind of Saturday morning cartoon feel to them, but they're great and comical for that!

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Emolga View Post
    The character expressions are awesome. You definitely rock the house at capturing emotions. They have a kind of Saturday morning cartoon feel to them, but they're great and comical for that!
    Thank you! I definitely wanted the comic to be kinda cartoony, haha. xD

I agree that you do a very good job with the cartoony style. It's very expressive without pushing it too far! It works excellently for the comic so far. Loving these concepts! Great job!

Quote Originally Posted by Nekomata View Post
    I agree that you do a very good job with the cartoony style. It's very expressive without pushing it too far! It works excellently for the comic so far. Loving these concepts! Great job!
    Thank you! I eventually need to scan a bunch of my other concept art and post it here, haha. xD

Hey, guys! It's been a while! But I've got a concept art for an upcoming main character!

Okay, I know it's been a while for the comic, but I finally got some proper concept art for Team Innovation's final team member. If you look over Chapter 1, you can see a cameo of her in one part (read it carefully; not all those pokemon are dead!).

Marie is an ex-feral yanmega missing most of her limbs due to a mission-gone-wrong in Atok. She knows the move psychic and mainly uses it to help move her prosthetic limbs more easily, rather than using it in battle.

About the comic. I really, really want to continue it. My main issue is time. I've got lots of projects, I can only do in my free time and I don't get any sort of payment for them. So please understand if things take a while to make. I know I won't be able to update the comic every week like I used to, but I may be able to do slower, more sporadic updates. I'm not sure how it will go right now. I'm working on two main fanfics (Path of Destiny and Beneath the Surface), a novel, and this comic as well as other art projects. I want to do all these things so it will take longer for things like comics that take a lot of time. So yeah please have patience with me! I love all these projects and I will continue them even if it takes longer!

Administrator

Time seems to be everyone's enemy lately. It's tough to beat and surpass. Hopefully things will calm down for you soon though! I loved reading your comic and hope we can see it make its triumphant return one day! Marie looks awesome! Can't wait to see more from these characters once more in the possible future!

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..