Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    growing strong Pokemon Trainer Sarah's Avatar
    Site Editor

Senior Administrator

[PXFIRE] Welcome to your summer event: POKEMON CROSSFIRE!

What is it?
    Pokemon Crossfire, or PXFIRE for short, is PXR's very own version of the popular forum WAR competitions that have been held in the past. We know many people enjoyed WAR despite its issues, and the PXR admins have gotten together to discuss how we could create our own version that better fits PXR's community!

PXFIRE is a team game involving various contests. Members can submit entries, have them judged and earn points for their team. This year, we are incorporating the following events: drawing, graphic art, spriting, roleplaying, creative writing, comics, showdown battling, and humour. PXFIRE will also incorporate participation events such as puzzles and quizzes where points are awarded based on participation.

In contrast to WAR, PXFIRE aims to encourage participation from all forum members by awarding points for participating in events, as well as for winning! We hope to present you with a competitive but fun forum game! For our first attempt at this new event, everyone who signs up for PXFIRE will be randomly sorted into teams with equal numbers of players.

When is it?
    Sign ups are open during the whole event. You can join anytime and will be randomly allocated to a team.

PXFIRE will officially begin on Sunday, July 2nd.

List of Main Events
    All events will be housed in the Pokemon Crossfire Battle Arena forum. Here are links to all the main events you can enter! Also keep an eye out for pop-up challenges to earn bonus points for your team!

Drawn Art
    Judge: Chakramaster

Sprite Art
    Judge: Noblejanobii

Graphic Art
    Judge: Pokemon Trainer Sarah

Comics

Creative Writing
    Judge: LKWayvern

Roleplay
    Judge: Neo Emolga

Showdown
    Judge: Trainer17

Humour
    Judge: EmeraldSky

List of Minor Events!
    As well as the main events, there will be other things for you to participate in!

Team Spirit Challenge
    Judge: Morzone

Participation Medals

More to come!

Rules!
    Each event will have its own rules, so be sure to check out each thread! As well as those rules, all PXR forum rules apply.

Most events will run for one week, but some run for longer so be sure to read the threads carefully. Events end on a Sunday (in most timezones):

SUNDAY 2pm PDT (Los Angeles)
    SUNDAY 5pm EDT (New York)
    SUNDAY 10pm BST (London)
    MONDAY 7am AEST (Melbourne)

Judging for a finished event is to be completed by the following Wednesday (in most timezones):

WEDNESDAY 2pm PDT (Los Angeles)
    WEDNESDAY 5pm EDT (New York)
    WEDNESDAY 10pm BST (London)
    THURSDAY 7am AEST (Melbourne)

Chat time!
    Feel free to discuss this event in this thread!
    GCEA

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Username: NEO EMOLGA!

What does your schedule look like from now until the end of July? Should be pretty solid. My two-month contract is going to end on June 15-ish, but even if I get another one, I think I'll be fine. I'm also on PXR at least least a day even while on vacation, so I'm usually on top of things and ready to go.

What is the best quality you think you can bring to the planning team? Experience! I've been a WAR Leader several times, Team Leader at times, and Judge plenty of times. I also try to look at the bright side of things and keep things rolling with optimism and a good sense of humor. I also have strong ideas of what the community likes and how to target those desires. I'm also very open to discussion and welcome varying opinions.

Do you intend to apply for/are interested in judging any of the events listed above? I would like to judge at least something (RP or fan fiction). I might backfill on judging position if needed too. As for being a Team Leader, I'll probably pass on that so someone else can enjoy that. But I'll gladly join someone else's team. I've been Leader, Team Leader, and judge all in a single WAR and that's a bit too much, but two out of three should be golden. :3

Senior Moderator

Username: EmeraldSky

What does your schedule look like from now until the end of July?: I'm pretty much free, as far as I know

What is the best quality you think you can bring to the planning team?: Enthusiasm--I can spread the word and get the word out to people. I want this event to be the best it can be, and I'll do what I can to make it happen.

Do you intend to apply for/are you interested in judging any of the events listed above? I'd mainly be hosting Gotta Watch'em All, but I can contribute some writing/help with writing judging too.
    Everyone has a dream that fills their heart. A journey they must take. A destiny to fulfill. As close as your imagination exists a magical place, where wondrous creatures with incredible powers help make dreams come true. It's the world of Pokemon!!"

Username: LKWayvern
    What does your schedule look like from now until the end of July?: Clear, mostly. The 20th, and possibly some of the 19th and 21st, I may be offline.
    What is the best quality you think you can bring to the planning team?: Creativity and perspectives. I can read through ideas you guys already have and critique them, ask you questions about them to develop them even more, play devil's advocate, and suggest my own ideas.
    Do you intend to apply for/are you interested in judging any of the events listed above?: I've never Judged or led a Team before. I'd be interested in Judging one of the story-based categories.

Senior Moderator

Showdown battles? Humour?

Count me in!

Username: Sacred Fire

What does your schedule look like from now until the end of July? Pretty clear, unless i get this job i am hoping to get.

What is the best quality you think you can bring to the planning team? Extensive Pokemon Competitive Battling knowledge, competitive FIRE, Sassy af

Do you intend to apply for/are you interested in judging any of the events listed above? Nah fam, maybe next time
    Last edited by AD; 05-12-2017 at 01:35 PM.

·»Your focus determines your reality«·

YES! A WAR REMAKE! MY DREAMS HAVE COME TRUE!

Username: Morzone

What does your schedule look like from now until the end of July?: A little spotty, but should be available most days. I'm graduating this year, but I don't really have any days that are so full I wouldn't be able to get on.

What is the best quality you think you can bring to the planning team?: Several things: A love for creativity and individualism, I Love planning events like this, and pedanticity. I'm sort of nit-picky when it comes to details, because it really frustrates me when we have a great event like this but things start coming undone because we cut corners somewhere.

Do you intend to apply for/are you interested in judging any of the events listed above?: I'm interested in judging either roleplaying or Drawing. WAR II was what originally got me into forum roleplaying and I've learned a lot in the years since then. Similarly I've been taking several drawing courses lately and have a good eye for the difficulty of a work. Sadly these would be the ones I would have participated in myself, but Judging sounds like a very fun experience and I'd love to give it a go.

VPP

7. This post has been liked by:

Soups 

Username: Born

What does your schedule look like from now until the end of July? Although I wasn't able to be as active as I'd have liked the past month, I'll be available all throughout July. I don't have a set work schedule, but regardless, I'll be able to log on to PXR at least 1-2 times a day (if not more). In short, I'm free.

What is the best quality you think you can bring to the planning team? Creativity and experience. I'm all about upping the ante on anything I partake in, and because this will be our first year running PXFIRE, I'd definitely do the best I can to ensure that the event not only meets the our desired goals, but does so in style. I also was an avid participant in WAR back on Pe2k, so I've got some insight on how something of the nature operates. While I never led my own team in WAR, I have led three different teams back on Pe2k in other special events (Team RPs, Parody WAR), as well as leading an entire club - known as CGA - so I've got some leadership experience in my back pocket as well.

Do you intend to apply for/are you interested in judging any of the events listed above? I'd love to... in the future, assuming PXFIRE becomes an annual event. I'd much rather participate on a smaller scale this time around, outside of aiding the Planning Team.
    Last edited by Soups; 05-12-2017 at 06:02 AM.
    τι ζωή

growing strong Pokemon Trainer Sarah's Avatar
    Site Editor

Senior Administrator

Glad we have so much interest! :D *excited*
    GCEA

10. This post has been liked by:

Username: Caite-chan
    What does your schedule look like from now until the end of July? Other than ColassalCon the first weekend of June wide freakin` open.
    What is the best quality you think you can bring to the planning team? Lots of experience as I've been in WAR since the very beginning along with being a WAR Leader, Judge and Team Leader. Everyone knows how OCD I can be about having everything organized.
    Do you intend to apply for/are you interested in judging any of the events listed above? I'm hoping to be able to put a little idea into this but I'd rather be either a Team Leader or PXFIRE Leader.
    VPP: Arcanine @ 6,700

Pre'paired' for trouble with Neo Emolga!
    [ URPG Stats | VPP Stats | Living Shiny Dex (548) ]

12. This post has been liked by:

Soups 

So how exactly are we going to tally up points? It seems like this event focuses on the effort of the individual WITH the team, rather than the effort of the individual as basically being the same entity as the team, which I like a lot. It's good we're giving points to even those that don't make it in the top 3, that way to promote participation. Plus, if we at least give everyone a chance to score, an individual's points will still add up even if they don't win which could give them a serious edge. Which is awesome!

Username: Speed-X
    What does your schedule look like from now until the end of July?
    Very unpredictable. My work is going out of business in the next couple of weeks so my schedule could be on the more erratic side. Plus I have to find a new job and I have no idea what that has in store for me. That being said, that really doesn't deter me. This is just what I need to start becoming a more active contributor to the forums.

What is the best quality you think you can bring to the planning team?
    I dunno. I honestly enjoy being devil's advocate which can really help us determine and fix potential loopholes in the system. So there's that, I suppose. Plus it's always great to have more perspectives. Tbh I'm really excited about this, because in all honesty I DID love the competitive side to WAR...just there were certain things about it that just didn't work out so well for the community as a whole. Competition is good, but it was competitive to a bit of an unnecessary extent.

Do you intend to apply for/are you interested in judging any of the events listed above?
    Yes! Sprite / Pixel art all the way. I had so much fun with that a couple years ago. <3

Greninja: Axibians | Gengar: Speed's ORAS Emporium! | Malamar: Picarto | Roserade: Speed's Pixel Cluster | Gliscor: ASB Stats | Tentacruel: Pokemon Prism Stats | Drapion: VPP Stats | Mega Sableye: Recolored Shiny XYORAS Icon Sprites | Flygon: URPG Stats | Snivy: Viridian Reference | Treecko: Link Vault | Shiny Whismur: All shiny Pokemon
    Pfp by my friend Muerte Verde
    ------------