The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Nice
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

I know most people have moved to the Discord and haven't looked back at the forum in ages, but... I'm curious to know who is still around popping in every now and then. I do like once or twice a month.

Maann... I miss the glory golden days of this place.

3. This post has been liked by:

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Emolga View Post
    I know most people have moved to the Discord and haven't looked back at the forum in ages, but... I'm curious to know who is still around popping in every now and then. I do like once or twice a month.

Maann... I miss the glory golden days of this place.
    Hi Neo, I also miss the golden days of the forum! I try to check it at least once a day. It's great to see you here! :D

PS : As you can see, my post count recently reached 1000. Therefore, could you please give me the appropriate forum token?
    Thank you very much. :)

Special thanks to Fate for this cute avatar and this cute banner! :D
    Special thanks to AD for this awesome Chikorita GIF! :D

5. This post has been liked by:

Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Cleobel View Post
    Hi Neo, I also miss the golden days of the forum! I try to check it at least once a day. It's great to see you here! :D

PS : As you can see, my post count recently reached 1000. Therefore, could you please give me the appropriate forum token?
    Thank you very much. :)
    Yeah, I still prefer forums to Discord servers. It feels like topics and discussions have much better preservation with a forum format and it was much, much easier to host events to do really cool fun stuff. Yeah, I just can't host Pikachu Survivor Games, Stalkers RPG, or Devolution Battle Royale on Discord. It's impossible. Not to mention RPing doesn't really work all that well on Discord either...

And sure, congrats on hitting 1000!

7. This post has been liked by:

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Emolga View Post
    Yeah, I still prefer forums to Discord servers. It feels like topics and discussions have much better preservation with a forum format and it was much, much easier to host events to do really cool fun stuff. Yeah, I just can't host Pikachu Survivor Games, Stalkers RPG, or Devolution Battle Royale on Discord. It's impossible. Not to mention RPing doesn't really work all that well on Discord either...

And sure, congrats on hitting 1000!
    I agree that it's much easier to look up old discussions and host long-term events on a forum! However, short-term events (such as gaming nights) are easier to host on Discord. Therefore, I think that forums and Discord should coexist because they serve different purposes.

And thank you so much for the 1000 post token! :D

Special thanks to Fate for this cute avatar and this cute banner! :D
    Special thanks to AD for this awesome Chikorita GIF! :D

Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Cleobel View Post
    I agree that it's much easier to look up old discussions and host long-term events on a forum! However, short-term events (such as gaming nights) are easier to host on Discord. Therefore, I think that forums and Discord should coexist because they serve different purposes.

And thank you so much for the 1000 post token! :D
    Oh for sure, Discord does have a great voice chat implementation. It works great for Sea of Thieves which is good fun with a full crew looking for adventure and good times. :3 I haven't used it for Jackbox but I figure it would work pretty well for that too if you have an online party going.

I've been popping in every now and again since 2024 rolled around -I was trying to check daily, then weekly, but I think I have failed in that regards in just over two months! I am however back to at least a few times a week at the moment, and loving it despite the limited activity!

I remembered with a jolt about a week ago that I missed my 16th anniversary of joining a Pokémon forum. Got to wait until early July for my 11th (11th!) anniversary of joining here. How time flies...

I think the only downside I can see at the moment is things are a bit creakier around here than they used to be, presumably simply through age and the nature of vBulletin forums in 2024! I often get server errors when trying to move between pages, and I have a weird glitch if I click the Forum button in the top banner, I get sent to the Forum front page but with the default theme and is if I'm logged out!
    Heartfelt thanks to Neo Emolga for my avatar!

Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Elbub View Post
    I've been popping in every now and again since 2024 rolled around -I was trying to check daily, then weekly, but I think I have failed in that regards in just over two months! I am however back to at least a few times a week at the moment, and loving it despite the limited activity!

I remembered with a jolt about a week ago that I missed my 16th anniversary of joining a Pokémon forum. Got to wait until early July for my 11th (11th!) anniversary of joining here. How time flies...

I think the only downside I can see at the moment is things are a bit creakier around here than they used to be, presumably simply through age and the nature of vBulletin forums in 2024! I often get server errors when trying to move between pages, and I have a weird glitch if I click the Forum button in the top banner, I get sent to the Forum front page but with the default theme and is if I'm logged out!
    Yeah, it's easy to see how VBulletin forums are just getting antiquated. But don't feel bad, I used to check in multiple times a day and then there was a time I realized I hadn't popped in on this place for quite a few months.

These days I mostly just do webcomics and stuff, still keeping Team Buckshot and Triple Tousle going while hanging out on the PRS and Radiant Guild Discord servers. They're going pretty well, but yeah, it's a whole different landscape compared to the games, events, and RPing I used to do here. I just think forum communities all over are fizzling out.

I'd still be up for an RP, but I'm just not sure there's anyone around to jump in on it. But hey, Wishmaker and Spiritwater were two great RPs to end off on, definitely two of the best.

PXR remains one of bookmarks on my new tab page so I open it reflexively often enough, if nothing else. I poke around on occassion, but I've always been a lurker even when the forum was active. Discord's cool or whatever but man it's got nothin on forums (besides the fact that they're apples and oranges).

(Man, I've been missing the ASB lately.)

13. This post has been liked by:

Elbub 

Senior Administrator

Same, I still have PXR as one of my first bookmarks. But yeah, Discord and forums are very different from each other and quite frankly, I've always preferred forums over messengers even if Discord has more features than Skype or AIM ever did. With all the Discords I'm in, there's very few actual events and activities and it's mostly just chat, chat, and more chat with some artwork sharing. Gets a little tiring after a while.

I miss hosting Stalkers RPG as well. It was fun despite it being quite of bit of work to put together. Looking back, it would have been better and easier to manage with shorter and fewer Stalker routes, less filler stuff, and give it more of a short and sweet kind of feel than have these complex things going on (Season 2 Sin Purge Ritual was insane and Season 5's map was gigantic when it didn't need to be). Better to have it too short and have people asking for more rather than having everyone wonder "are we there yet" and drift off to other things before the end.

But yeah, all the little horror subplots for each Stalker and subplots at some of the locations were fun to create. And man, Aglome Oen posts were such a guilty pleasure. xD

15. This post has been liked by: