Page 362 of 364 FirstFirst ... 262312352360361362363364 LastLast
Results 3,611 to 3,620 of 3633

Thread: Other Chat DCC

growing strong Pokemon Trainer Sarah's Avatar
    Site Editor

Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Sanctus View Post
    You are supposed to be slaving. Back to work!

I’m working Monday-Friday from 6am-2:30pm at a sawmill. I practice classical guitar in the evenings and sometimes play games.

How many hours do you work?
    It's just a regular full time job, I start at 8 and leave at 4.30-5, but it also takes an hour to get there and back (I ride my bike). I'm usually pretty tired when I get home so I haven't been around here as much. :( Sometimes I have to go in on the weekends or work late but not too often thankfully (I'm a scientist so sometimes my experiments require me to go in at other times.)

Do you like working early mornings? I sometimes think it would be nice to start earlier and be able to leave earlier.
    GCEA

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon Trainer Sarah View Post
    It's just a regular full time job, I start at 8 and leave at 4.30-5, but it also takes an hour to get there and back (I ride my bike). I'm usually pretty tired when I get home so I haven't been around here as much. :( Sometimes I have to go in on the weekends or work late but not too often thankfully (I'm a scientist so sometimes my experiments require me to go in at other times.)

Do you like working early mornings? I sometimes think it would be nice to start earlier and be able to leave earlier.
    I used to be able to do that, but my boss likes setting up meetings later in the day, which drives me crazy. I came in early and left early to avoid traffic. Now I'm leaving only a little bit before the floods of commuters happen, but there's still more traffic than what I used to dealing with...

growing strong Pokemon Trainer Sarah's Avatar
    Site Editor

Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Emolga View Post
    I used to be able to do that, but my boss likes setting up meetings later in the day, which drives me crazy. I came in early and left early to avoid traffic. Now I'm leaving only a little bit before the floods of commuters happen, but there's still more traffic than what I used to dealing with...
    That's a shame! Darn meetings I already start and leave an hour early, but I can't really do any earlier cos of meetings and things. My work is otherwise pretty flexible though, so I feel very lucky about that!

I feel like there are so many jobs that can be done from home these days (sadly not mine). I am looking forward to when more people work from home and therefore everything will be less busy!!
    GCEA

Administrator

That's how it is for me on weekends. Weekdays I'm lucky they have game set to an early morning and early off, but weekends? Nope. Come in later and leave later. Like when the sun is set later. Ugh, it's not fun one little bit. If only I had more of a choice on my schedule. Heck if only I could find something better ASAP in general.

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..

The Chaotix's Ace Attorney Blaquaza's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon Trainer Sarah View Post
    That's so cool! I wish they would do one here!
    Honestly they should do them everywhere, there's no reason not to at this point. The Singapore one showed they were open to launching new ones in different countries, and Pokémon is huge globally. It's free money, although the sceptic in me says it's because they want to do pop up stores to make more money in short periods of time, which is upsetting. :(

Credits to Neo Emolga for the avatar and the banner!
    Spoiler:

Unbowed, unbent, unbroken Homura's Avatar
    Oh I get the meeting thing a lot too. *almost 4* Oh there's a meeting. But you work 8-4 oops. Better go anyway.
    What is happiness?
    It's being called by someone
    It's being able to call someone
    It's when someone is thinking of you
    But Heaven has none of this
    A lizard girl took pity on God
    So the lizard girl tore God in two and brought a half from Heaven to Earth

Senior Administrator

For some reason, I know a few guys that come in at 7:30, but they leave at 4, claiming that extra half hour is because of lunch. Huh, I thought that was included as part of the deal. Even so, I'd never do that because I'm always getting pinged during that lunch hour.

In the meantime, I've stopped participating in these volunteer event things that happen at the office. My boss interprets it that if I participate in those, then I must not be that busy, so here's some work to do. Meh.

garlic bread champion Bulbasaur's Avatar
    One of the people in band is trying to move out, and he just messaged me to see if I'd wanna be roommates. Unfortunately. I don't know if I could afford much, even with splitting the costs...

☄♥ Happily paired with ninjaskarmory ♥☄
    My Links

Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Bulbasaur View Post
    One of the people in band is trying to move out, and he just messaged me to see if I'd wanna be roommates. Unfortunately. I don't know if I could afford much, even with splitting the costs...
    Yeah, in New Jersey, real estate and rent are real killers. It's the big reason why I'm still living with my dad, just saving up cash. Everyone I know in NJ that has moved out is absolutely struggling to survive with 30-year mortgages and real estate taxes. If I had to move out, I think I'd have to do the live in Bethlehem PA and commute on I78 to get to work game. Although that's got its own challenges, but at least it lessens the blow that you'll get from finances. In Bethlehem PA, $250K actually gets you a HOUSE. In NJ, $250K gets you a fixer-upper shack.

The other issue is how well do you know and can trust this guy. You need a backup plan of what to do in case he doesn't pay his share and suddenly he's not the buddy you thought he was, because I've heard of that happening all too often.

garlic bread champion Bulbasaur's Avatar
    Yeah, in New Jersey, real estate and rent are real killers. It's the big reason why I'm still living with my dad, just saving up cash. Everyone I know in NJ that has moved out is absolutely struggling to survive with 30-year mortgages and real estate taxes. If I had to move out, I think I'd have to do the live in Bethlehem PA and commute on I78 to get to work game. Although that's got its own challenges, but at least it lessens the blow that you'll get from finances. In Bethlehem PA, $250K actually gets you a HOUSE. In NJ, $250K gets you a fixer-upper shack.

The other issue is how well do you know and can trust this guy. You need a backup plan of what to do in case he doesn't pay his share and suddenly he's not the buddy you thought he was, because I've heard of that happening all too often.
    Guess I need to move to Bethlehem. Is that in Bucks County? For some reason I thought Bucks County was expensive too.

☄♥ Happily paired with ninjaskarmory ♥☄
    My Links