Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Worst Sounds

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Worst Sounds

Are there any sounds you absolutely despise? Sounds that make your teeth grind and make you flinch when you hear them or maybe make you groan with utter annoyance?

I have two:
    1. Cicadas aka THE SCREAMING TREES THAT NEVER SHUT UP.
    2. Dial up Connection and some of you know exactly why this sound is so annoying that it makes your face hurt.
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

When someone chews with their mouth open or the sound of having my nails filed when I get them done.
    VPP: Arcanine @ 6,700

Pre'paired' for trouble with Neo Emolga!
    [ URPG Stats | VPP Stats | Living Shiny Dex (548) ]

The sound of crowds. The sound of traffic.
    Also a number of sounds boys at my school made specifically to be annoying.

this is a tough one i have a pretty high treshold of sounds getting annoying. i mean not to brag or anything but i live downtown so i get to hear drunk people yelling all night every night well i say all night but it usually stops around 4am. but i think i have to go with the dentist's drill thing it just sounds so horrible.
    Join Date 2013-07-23
    Posts Per Day 0.13
    Well I'm probably the lowest posting active member. All a part of my brilliant strategy to make the few things i post seem good!

Senior Moderator

The Emergency Broadcast/Alert System noise, by far! I tense up any time I hear the words "This is a test..." or the derivatives thereof.
    Last edited by EmeraldSky; 08-07-2017 at 09:08 PM.
    Everyone has a dream that fills their heart. A journey they must take. A destiny to fulfill. As close as your imagination exists a magical place, where wondrous creatures with incredible powers help make dreams come true. It's the world of Pokemon!!"

growing strong Pokemon Trainer Sarah's Avatar
    Site Editor

Senior Administrator

I just hate all loud and unexpected sounds. I get a fright really easily. xD That includes car horns, people yelling, things breaking etc. o_o
    GCEA

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldSky View Post
    The Emergency Broadcast/Alert System noise, by far! I tense up any time I hear the words "This is a test..." or the derivatives thereof.
    ^THIS

I hate this with a passion or when you forget to turn it off on your phone and you get an Amber Alert in the middle of the night. O____O Another one I hate is the sound of the wind and even more so during a storm. I don't know what it is but I will plug my ears if I have to.

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Caite-chan View Post
    ^THIS

I hate this with a passion or when you forget to turn it off on your phone and you get an Amber Alert in the middle of the night. O____O Another one I hate is the sound of the wind and even more so during a storm. I don't know what it is but I will plug my ears if I have to.
    Oh yeah, those phone alarms are freaky and they come out of nowhere. They sound like the phone is having a demonic seizure and now Satan is calling from the other line.

As for me, ugh, I hate the sound of old, creaky, rusty shopping carts. I put it back and take another if it's really bad.

Another one that's just as bad as the Emergency Alert thing is when the cats go bat crap crazy when a stray cat jumps on the porch and they scream bloody murder. That's a heart attack right there.

the perfect thread for me. :D
    There are a few sounds that are so irritating for me I legit get mad.

I can't stand snoring. I hate it with a passion. I think it's because my dad snores the house down though so it just bothers me no matter what.
    Also, the sound of chewing or just eating in general. It really really bothers me for some odd reason. Yawning is also like this for me and recently I have noticed loud breathing and whistly breathing really gets at me.
    I also remember that once I was so bothered by my dad's squeaky car breaks that he went and got them sorted so they didnt squaek, even though there wasnt anything actually wrong with them. Thinking back on it i don't see why I hated it so much but I really did. I think i have the condition called Misophonia which recently has been found as a condition where people have sound triggers that for some reason cause panic, anxiety or anger when heard. The most comment sounds are eating, breathing and babies crying. considering i hate 2 of the three, I'm pretty sure I have it. haha.

Feel free to check out my Instagram for design and art stuffs