Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Are you a procrastinator?

Yes, absolutely yes. The biggest procrastinator.

How about everyone else?!

It's not that I procrastinate, exactly?
    More like if I don't like something or don't find it interesting, I become insanely easily distracted. And accidentally forget about it.
    I guess that counts as procrastination though.
    If an idea scares or intimidates me, I might put off doing it too...
    If I find something REALLY interesting though I kind of forget that food and bathroom breaks exist.

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

So I'm that person that is a procrastinator with a chronic fear of failure. Pretty much what this means is like 80% of the time I'm just like "Eh I can do this later" and then it's like a switch gets flipped and I go into complete freakout mode and start to regret everything because I have to get an A on this assignment. It's quite the stressful combination.
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

Me talking to myself:

"Okay, homework is due in twenty hours. I should do it now. Just let me watch this video first."
    "It's been five hours... I should do this homework already."
    "Eh, I can finish it in twelve hours. I'll do it then. Promise."
    "Ten hours left. That's plenty of time. I'm tired. I'm gonna take a quick rest."
    "Still eight hours? Just one more hour of break. Then I'll work. I promise."
    "I can write this in like half an hour. I still have five left."
    "Fate, you idiot! It's due in an hour! Work work work!"
    "...Okay, let's never do that again."

Repeat.

5. This post has been liked by:

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

I either get it done OMG INSTANTLY LET'S NOT WASTE ANOTHER MINUTE or EH, MAYBE NEXT WEEKEND?

I think my issue is after a long day of doing other stuff, I'm tired and just feel like doing fun silly stuff rather than doing the things I know need to get done. House cleaning, for example, often gets pushed back. Doesn't really help I'm pretty much the lone warrior when it comes to cleaning around here and one person in particular is a complete slob (I'm sure people remember me talking about Jackie who we're not even related to).

Depends on what it is but for the most part YES...lol.
    VPP: Arcanine @ 6,700

Pre'paired' for trouble with Neo Emolga!
    [ URPG Stats | VPP Stats | Living Shiny Dex (548) ]

YES. I'm such a procrastinator. I really need to stop but I always downplay the amount of time it takes to do work. The last year of uni was the perfect example. Because I procrastinated so much i ended up doing the process from my projects after my final design because I put off the process so much. I also managed to do a 1000 word essay accompanied by a 10 minute scripted and edited video in a weekend. (And I somehow still managed to get the top grade lol). Sometimes i am my own worst enemy but sometimes the stress and panic of last minute ends up getting me to do better than if I took my time.

Feel free to check out my Instagram for design and art stuffs

Let's Fight Crimes With Mangoes and Limes Wookie Mistake's Avatar
    i was gonna respond to this, but I'll just do it later...not sure if someone did this joke, i'll check later

10. This post has been liked by:

growing strong Pokemon Trainer Sarah's Avatar
    Site Editor

Senior Administrator

Yes. My activity on PXR is pretty much all due to procrastination LOL. I don't usually visit the forum on the evenings/weekend except from my phone (unless I have to do something particular or there's an event on or something), so I'm almost always at uni when I'm on here. XD
    GCEA

between my incredibly short attention span, lazyness, and love for butt sitting. yes, yes i am.
    for example: look at my avatar. i was gonna switch that back after the Eevee event. someday i'll get to it.
    Join Date 2013-07-23
    Posts Per Day 0.13
    Well I'm probably the lowest posting active member. All a part of my brilliant strategy to make the few things i post seem good!