Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Love the Onix's. And I've been doing the same. I've been trying to see if I can still remember how to do it.

EDIT: Here's my first attempt at lineless.

VPP: Arcanine @ 6,700

Pre'paired' for trouble with Neo Emolga!
    [ URPG Stats | VPP Stats | Living Shiny Dex (548) ]

garlic bread champion Bulbasaur's Avatar
    Here's the first fakemon I've ever finished... It was hard.

Left one is the original, then I realized I wanted it smaller, so I made the right one by resizing it with Paint and fixing the outlines/shading a tiny bit.

EDIT: Also, tell me which is better.

☄♥ Happily paired with ninjaskarmory ♥☄
    My Links

Quote Originally Posted by Bulbasaur View Post
    Here's an Onix devamp...

...and an Onix revamp...

I'm just making one of every kind of sprite I can do to see how good I still am. :P
    The devamp is beautiful. <3 I love it a lot.

The revamp has no black outlines, which I find peculiar. You always need black outlines with sprites, even if they're not entirely jet black. xD It definitely needs that variation, otherwise it looks really pencil-like. Other than that, off to a good start. x]

Quote Originally Posted by Caite-chan View Post
    Love the Onix's. And I've been doing the same. I've been trying to see if I can still remember how to do it.

EDIT: Here's my first attempt at lineless.

I've always had a weird dislike for linelesses, but you did this well regardless. x)

Here's the first fakemon I've ever finished... It was hard.

Left one is the original, then I realized I wanted it smaller, so I made the right one by resizing it with Paint and fixing the outlines/shading a tiny bit.

EDIT: Also, tell me which is better.
    With fakemon, you generally need to position them similar to how they are positioned in the games--a.k.a. on an angle, facing the player from the across-the-field sort of look. To me it looks like a rose, however, and not an actual fakemon. The shading on the second one is much better, probably because it's on a smaller scale and therefore it's easier to shade. There needs to be shading on the green part, and the outlines are quite black and don't have much colour to them. Generally you don't need much colour, but a bit where lighter shades are is always nice. It gives the sprite more depth. You also need more variation in the hues/shades. It seems like your palette is sticking to one shade, more of a pink, when you could go for something darker and perhaps more red or maroon. I also prefer the smaller one to the larger sprite. x)

~SF.

Just a passing through Kamen Rider Metal Gear Snivy's Avatar

So, I, uh, put this wonderful collection of recolored Bisharps. I believe two out of the seven that are there used Shiny colored pallets. The blue one is just the Shiny Bisharp, but with the blades recolored to be like a normal Bisharp.

It's Morphin Time.

Hey guys, I'm back for good now!
    Right now... I have the feeling I can't lose!
    [ASB Stats] [VPP Stats] [Quotes] [Warrior Record]

They're all pretty cool, but I would have made the black one's middle white, or maybe even red. The white one and the yellow one both have outline shades that are far too bright. Can you see how they basically vanish? They need to be much darker. :]

~SF.

garlic bread champion Bulbasaur's Avatar
    Made my "fakemon" more of an actual fakemon:

☄♥ Happily paired with ninjaskarmory ♥☄
    My Links

LOL IT'S SO CUTE WITH THAT LITTLE EYE! XDD I like how you made it turn on its side. I still think your shades need more variation because it's hard to see the difference between them. Darker ones need to be darker and shadowy-er, and the light ones need to be brighter. Like, for instance, get a flower and hold it under a light (or the sun) and check out how the shades look, and how they range on the dark/light spectrum. Also take note of where the shadows actually fall, and what colour they are. Sometimes something blue might have purple shading. I think the stalk needs to have lighter outlines in some places, as if I am not wrong, you have used only black. Even if it's a really dark green, but not a black, then it would be better. x)

So yeah, work on shade brightnesses/darknesses, the angle at which the shadows are cast, and the actual palette itself. :D

~SF.

Certified Eeveelution Enthusiast Dragon Master Mike's Avatar
    GCEA Staff

Made my "fakemon" more of an actual fakemon:
    this made me laugh. No not because its bad, i do like it. I just found it kind of funny for some weird reason. i like it, i think i might try to make a fakemon now

Zranest:

Golurk + Rayquaza + Flygon + Tyranitar + Tornadus + Torterra + Tropius

Also did a couple devamps.

Charizard
    Last edited by ShadowJay; 09-24-2013 at 10:13 PM.
    Lurking in the Shadows...

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowJay View Post
    Zranest:

Golurk + Rayquaza + Flygon + Tyranitar + Tornadus + Torterra + Tropius

Also did a couple devamps.

Charizard
    Dude, your links are broken. =/

~SF.