Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Noblejanobii View Post
    I've wanted to get into D&D and have played some knockoff versions but not the real thing. I've got a character ready to go though so when I get the chance I'm ready.
    Aww you should somehow! Maybe there are some nerds at your college who'd want to play. xD

Quote Originally Posted by Caite-chan View Post
    I was a Barbarian/Dwarf named Boris...lol. I was the kind that you didn't want to make mad.
    Bahahaha that does not surprise me in the least.

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldSky View Post
    I've always wanted to actually play it for myself, but have never found anyone to play with, either in person or online.

If I could, I'd attempt to bring a spellsinging minstrel to life.
    Aw, that sucks. :( I've only found people recently (though technically I could have joined a few years ago but it wasn't the right time for me until now).

Sounds good! :D My current character is a chaotic neutral tiefling bard. :3 Bards are fun to play!

Quote Originally Posted by LKWayvern View Post
    I grew up reading some very excellent D&D comics and I'm finally in my first D&D group and it's fun and I feel really satisfied.
    I am a chaotic dragonborn paladin named Rue.
    That's awesome. :D I've recently gotten into Critical Role if you know what that is. Totally gonna buy the comic when it comes out (and when I'm caught up to all fifty-billion episodes).

Chaotic what? O: Haha a chaotic paladin sounds fun!

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Suicune's Fire View Post
    Of course you were! It reminds me a lot of Stalkers, haha. Different of course, but similar from the DM perspective.

Yeah I played 5th edition. You should come to Australia and we'll play. :3
    Yep, D&D definitely attributed toward how I learned to build campaigns and develop game systems. That and doing the narration posts definitely holds a flame to how that whole process works in D&D. I never used any of the pre-built campaigns. It was WAY more fun to make your own.

Visiting Australia is definitely on my bucket list and yes, playing D&D together would be awesomesauce. If only time and distance wasn't such a bother...

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Emolga View Post
    Yep, D&D definitely attributed toward how I learned to build campaigns and develop game systems. That and doing the narration posts definitely holds a flame to how that whole process works in D&D. I never used any of the pre-built campaigns. It was WAY more fun to make your own.

Visiting Australia is definitely on my bucket list and yes, playing D&D together would be awesomesauce. If only time and distance wasn't such a bother...
    For sure. :D If I were to DM (which I may do when I gain more experience and have played more than literally just once xD) then I wouldn't use pre-made campaigns either.

I know right? ;~; I actually did think about having a PXR D&D but that was more wishful thinking than anything. xD

Senior Administrator

For sure. :D If I were to DM (which I may do when I gain more experience and have played more than literally just once xD) then I wouldn't use pre-made campaigns either.

I know right? ;~; I actually did think about having a PXR D&D but that was more wishful thinking than anything. xD
    Oh yeah, before I could DM, I had to play the actual game itself to get a feel for how it works. I had a mage dude and later on a paladin. I liked playing the paladin a lot more to be honest. D&D's magic system, at least from what I experienced back in 2nd Edition, left a lot to be desired. Spells were REALLY situational and you really had to shoehorn in a way to get leverage out of the few you were allowed to have. You also really couldn't play a mage without being in a large party. And that's the thing, my D&D parties usually only had three or fewer players.

Supposedly Roll20 is a great site for online D&D, but I've never actually tried it myself.

Is it possible for us to be able to play together online?
    VPP: Arcanine @ 6,700

Pre'paired' for trouble with Neo Emolga!
    [ URPG Stats | VPP Stats | Living Shiny Dex (548) ]

Senior Moderator

Yes--there are online tabletop apps, but no word on any free ones--most of the ones I've researched you have to pay for
    Everyone has a dream that fills their heart. A journey they must take. A destiny to fulfill. As close as your imagination exists a magical place, where wondrous creatures with incredible powers help make dreams come true. It's the world of Pokemon!!"

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Oh there's a D&D club at my college of which I want to become a part of I just don't have the time for it.
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

garlic bread champion Bulbasaur's Avatar
    I haven't played, but I will admit it sounds quite interesting.

☄♥ Happily paired with ninjaskarmory ♥☄
    My Links

Sooooooo I played my first session of D&D as the DM on Friday! I had five players; one was my brother and the other four are long-term friends. I bought a 3D printer from work like three weeks ago and I've been printing all these minis out for the campaign that I'm doing with them! I'm just doing the campaign in the Starter Set, which is an official D&D set you can buy for $25 that contains a basic adventure and comes with character sheets already pre-done...but all my players made their own instead. XD

Here's a shot of a bunch of minis I've printed and primed (not painted yet) (also sorry for Facebook photo quality) (yes there are lots of wolves):

Spoiler:

Because they were printed, they have visible layers, which obviously isn't ideal, but it suits me just fine for NPCs and enemies. For player characters I actually bought real minis, but printing out a mini costs me like 3c compared to $5 per mini if you buy them.

Anyway, this has been taking up ALL my freaking time. xD Yes the adventure is written out for you, but you have to memorise it all and then fill in the gaps. None of my friends had played before either, so they were all learning as they went along. My brother had played before but he just kept questioning my decisions and telling me I was wrong about certain rules which annoyed the crap out of me because I've been exposed to far more D&D than he has. xD

Nothing hugely off-script has happened so far, though they did capture a goblin so I had to quickly make up a name (stuck with "Gookli") and was acting him out. It was hard to keep a straight face some of the time. xD

Senior Administrator

Sooooooo I played my first session of D&D as the DM on Friday! I had five players; one was my brother and the other four are long-term friends. I bought a 3D printer from work like three weeks ago and I've been printing all these minis out for the campaign that I'm doing with them! I'm just doing the campaign in the Starter Set, which is an official D&D set you can buy for $25 that contains a basic adventure and comes with character sheets already pre-done...but all my players made their own instead. XD

Here's a shot of a bunch of minis I've printed and primed (not painted yet) (also sorry for Facebook photo quality) (yes there are lots of wolves):

Spoiler:

Because they were printed, they have visible layers, which obviously isn't ideal, but it suits me just fine for NPCs and enemies. For player characters I actually bought real minis, but printing out a mini costs me like 3c compared to $5 per mini if you buy them.

Anyway, this has been taking up ALL my freaking time. xD Yes the adventure is written out for you, but you have to memorise it all and then fill in the gaps. None of my friends had played before either, so they were all learning as they went along. My brother had played before but he just kept questioning my decisions and telling me I was wrong about certain rules which annoyed the crap out of me because I've been exposed to far more D&D than he has. xD

Nothing hugely off-script has happened so far, though they did capture a goblin so I had to quickly make up a name (stuck with "Gookli") and was acting him out. It was hard to keep a straight face some of the time. xD
    Ahhh, so that's where you've been! That's cool that you're the DM, though! Sounds like you've been enjoying it, also.

I never thought of 3D printing miniatures like that. They look pretty good and nicely detailed!

11. This post has been liked by: