Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Administrator

I've still kinda wanted to try playing one day. If anything maybe work on a Pokemon style D&D game to try. I'm all for the basic so I can get my mage skills on, but Pikachu is where it's at ;P

Still looks and sounds like you had tons of fun!

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Chakramaster View Post
    I've still kinda wanted to try playing one day. If anything maybe work on a Pokemon style D&D game to try. I'm all for the basic so I can get my mage skills on, but Pikachu is where it's at ;P

I think it exists (essentially a tabletop game format for Pokemon), but it gets pretty complicated. I remember reading a bit into it and I kind of felt it wasn't worth all the moving parts. They really should have kept it simple.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Emolga View Post
    I think it exists (essentially a tabletop game format for Pokemon), but it gets pretty complicated. I remember reading a bit into it and I kind of felt it wasn't worth all the moving parts. They really should have kept it simple.
    I've only played D&D once with an old friend and I didn't even finish his first story set. I could stand to play again some day xD. Even if it's learning the Pokemon one or creating my own

The time is upon us...

Senior Moderator

I have always wanted to play D&D for real, be this official stuff or some homebrew aspects
    Everyone has a dream that fills their heart. A journey they must take. A destiny to fulfill. As close as your imagination exists a magical place, where wondrous creatures with incredible powers help make dreams come true. It's the world of Pokemon!!"

5. This post has been liked by:

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldSky View Post
    I have always wanted to play D&D for real, be this official stuff or some homebrew aspects
    The beauty of D&D is you don't need to be strict with the rules. We definitely weren't when we played it. I know some people can be technical about every little thing and will be rules lawyers, but it's best played with a casual group.

Thing is, meeting up is the toughest part. You never really get to the deep, good stuff if you only meet with your crew like once or twice a year for these kinds of occasions. If you don't come up with a regular schedule to meet up for D&D, yeah, you'll miss out on so much of it.

7. This post has been liked by:

Administrator

The beauty of D&D is you don't need to be strict with the rules. We definitely weren't when we played it. I know some people can be technical about every little thing and will be rules lawyers, but it's best played with a casual group.

Thing is, meeting up is the toughest part. You never really get to the deep, good stuff if you only meet with your crew like once or twice a year for these kinds of occasions. If you don't come up with a regular schedule to meet up for D&D, yeah, you'll miss out on so much of it.
    My brother has been listening to this one group that does a podcast of their games they create for a long time now. It can truly get pretty interesting, but yeah. Unless you're set on spending tons of time on playing and going through everything. You won't really get anywhere special in it

The time is upon us...

Ahhh, so that's where you've been! That's cool that you're the DM, though! Sounds like you've been enjoying it, also.

I never thought of 3D printing miniatures like that. They look pretty good and nicely detailed!
    Haaa, yeah... xD I've been putting all my spare time into 3D printing actually. And yes, it's exciting but daunting to be the DM! It helps that nobody else except my brother had played before. So they didn't have any point of reference to judge. xD

Yes! I think they're definitely suitable for enemies, at least. Super cool. :3 If I could make my own models, I totally would!

Yeah like Neo said, I'm sure a version of it exists! It would be so cool to play a Pokemon version of D&D that wasn't too complex.

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldSky View Post
    It's a lot of fun! One of my players is a minotaur, which I believe is homebrew, and another is a homebrew style of warforged (which are machine-like constructs rather than living beings).

My brother has been listening to this one group that does a podcast of their games they create for a long time now. It can truly get pretty interesting, but yeah. Unless you're set on spending tons of time on playing and going through everything. You won't really get anywhere special in it
    Yeah I listen to/watch Critical Role, which is a bunch of voice actors who play their own campaign. The DM is fantastic. I could only hope to be as good as he is one day! xD

I wish we could do a PXR D&D! But it wouldn't be nearly as fun being text-based. And it'd be too complicated to do it over chat/video because of combat, unless there was a digital battleground that we could all somehow interact with.

Reach for the Stars ~★ Chibi Altaria's Avatar
    I've never played D&D before, or know anyone who's played it or is interested in it, but it definitely sounds fun and would be the type of thing I'd love to try out. O:

Quote Originally Posted by Chibi Altaria View Post
    I've never played D&D before, or know anyone who's played it or is interested in it, but it definitely sounds fun and would be the type of thing I'd love to try out. O:
    It's definitely right up your alley, Gemma! I just wish I could play it all the time with different groups. xD It'd be so much fun. You should watch Critical Role!

"I was stupid... So stupid"
    I've been wanting to play D&D for the ongest time, but I have no RL friends, let alone people I could meet up with regularly... I did start watching Critical Roll recently though, and I will reccomend it to everyone. Matt Mercer is awesome at descriptions and NPCs alike.

Quote Originally Posted by Suicune's Fire View Post
    unless there was a digital battleground that we could all somehow interact with.
    https://roll20.net/

13. This post has been liked by:

Lychee